[RECOVERY][i9300] TWRP 2.8.6.0 touch recovery [2015-03-26]

Search This thread

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.8.6.0:

-Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
-Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
-Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
-Keyboard improvements (_that)
-Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
-Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
-Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
-Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
-Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
-Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
-Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
-Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
-Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

CHANGELOG for 2.8.5.0:

-Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme's resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen's resolution
-Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we don't want to leave your device in a bad state)
-Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
-Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
-Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
-Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
-USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
-Other small fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 2.8.4.0:

-Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
-Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
-Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
-Fix various adb sideload issues
-Improve threading of actions
-Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
-Update libblkid to 2.25.0
-Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
-Add mutex locking to data manager
-Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
-Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens

CHANGELOG for 2.8.3.0:

-MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
-MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
-Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
-Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
-Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
-Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
-Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
-Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
-Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
-Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
-Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
-Other minor fixes and improvements

Note: Starting with TWRP 2.8.2.0 and higher, adb sideload uses a new sideload method originally implemented in AOSP recovery. You will need the latest adb binaries to use sideload in these newer versions of TWRP. The version required is 1.0.32. You can find the version by running "adb version" on your computer. The new sideload feature no longer stores the zip on your device. Instead, a fuse file system is created in RAM and the zip is streamed from your computer. This puts less wear and tear on storage and ensures that large zips will not fill up all of your RAM. The sideload may spit an error on your PC side, but the zip should install just fine on your device.

DOWNLOAD:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
Play Store Link
1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our NEW website! NOTE that the 2.8.6.0 version is ONLY available on our new site and is not available on our other, older mirrors!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Last edited:

Cyberdutch

Dec 4, 2008
Just installed with GooManager.
Checking out the user interface, first impression is very good.

Now backing up my phone (all options incl efs).
Tomorrow i will restore my phone from this backup.

Wil report if any bugs come up.

Regards,

440hsp

Jun 9, 2011
HELP!!!!

@ Dees Troy. just wanted to say thank you to you and your team for the awesome recovery for our i9300's. I installed the new 2.3.1 today and like the v.2.3.0 when i have tried installing some zips i get failed in red letters. I know that i could just restore back to previous backup i did right before i attempted flashing the update on my rom but i'm new to twrp and i would like to see if you could help me. when attempting this i have zip file sig. verification and force md5 check on all zips checked off. when i swipe to confirm flash. when it fails it says to disable the md5 check to avoid this error. i uncheck it and swipe again. then it says sig. verification failed error flashing zip. i know the zip file is good so what is the issue here. i'm flashing from ext. card and i have cleared cache, dalvic, system wipe, and reset. a little help would be awesome so i could figure this out. Thanks in advance.:good:

extralife

Sep 15, 2010
vienna
@ Dees Troy. just wanted to say thank you to you and your team for the awesome recovery for our i9300's. I installed the new 2.3.1 today and like the v.2.3.0 when i have tried installing some zips i get failed in red letters. I know that i could just restore back to previous backup i did right before i attempted flashing the update on my rom but i'm new to twrp and i would like to see if you could help me. when attempting this i have zip file sig. verification and force md5 check on all zips checked off. when i swipe to confirm flash. when it fails it says to disable the md5 check to avoid this error. i uncheck it and swipe again. then it says sig. verification failed error flashing zip. i know the zip file is good so what is the issue here. i'm flashing from ext. card and i have cleared cache, dalvic, system wipe, and reset. a little help would be awesome so i could figure this out. Thanks in advance.:good:

http://teamw.in/VRThemes

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 (what's new in 2.3.0.0 - update-binary)

Reactions: imilic and JcGabrie

dbenyakar

Nov 29, 2010
This is strange. On my Nexus 7 I was able to upgrage TWRP via Goomanager but not on my Galaxy S3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.8.6.0:

-Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
    -Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
    -Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
    -Keyboard improvements (_that)
    -Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
    -Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
    -Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
    -Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
    -Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
    -Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
    -Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
    -Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

CHANGELOG for 2.8.5.0:

-Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme's resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen's resolution
    -Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we don't want to leave your device in a bad state)
    -Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
    -Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
    -Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
    -Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
    -USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
    -Other small fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 2.8.4.0:

-Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
    -Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
    -Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
    -Fix various adb sideload issues
    -Improve threading of actions
    -Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
    -Update libblkid to 2.25.0
    -Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
    -Add mutex locking to data manager
    -Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
    -Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens

CHANGELOG for 2.8.3.0:

-MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
    -MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
    -Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
    -Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
    -Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
    -Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
    -Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
    -Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
    -Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
    -Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
    -Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
    -Other minor fixes and improvements

Note: Starting with TWRP 2.8.2.0 and higher, adb sideload uses a new sideload method originally implemented in AOSP recovery. You will need the latest adb binaries to use sideload in these newer versions of TWRP. The version required is 1.0.32. You can find the version by running "adb version" on your computer. The new sideload feature no longer stores the zip on your device. Instead, a fuse file system is created in RAM and the zip is streamed from your computer. This puts less wear and tear on storage and ensures that large zips will not fill up all of your RAM. The sideload may spit an error on your PC side, but the zip should install just fine on your device.

DOWNLOAD:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
    Play Store Link
    1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
    2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
    4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our NEW website! NOTE that the 2.8.6.0 version is ONLY available on our new site and is not available on our other, older mirrors!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300.zip

You can flash my repacked Zip file of "twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300" if you can't wait for official fixed version

Here is the flashable zip of new twrp version 2.8.7.0

PS: if you download this file don't forget to hit thanks! button

twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300.zip MD5: F54D2C2E64C83ADFF598CCE92AF87D41

twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300.tar.md5 MD5: FF9EE14403E7AF6B47B77130A933FCF4
    New fixed version of twrp_2.8.6.1_I9300

New fixed version of twrp_2.8.6.1_I9300 is updated on official websit. But with (480x800) resolution.
    And here is the flashable zip of new twrp version 2.8.6.1 (For CWM or Phil recovery users)

if you already have twrp 2.8.4.0 or UP installed you can flash just ".img" file or .Zip via recovery

twrp_2.8.6.1_I9300.zip: MD5: 3139382C63505C22528ACA02258CA4CD

PS: if you download this file don't forget to hit thanks! button
    new flashable TWRP 2.8.4.0

here is the newest flashable TWRP 2.8.4.0
    have fun

PS: if you use this file. don't forget to push Thanks! button
    TWRP v2.6.3.1 in CWM Flashable zip for I9300

-based on @nicesoni_ash previous CWM flashable ZIP