Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [sc-06d/d2dcm]

Tip us?

TrainNanpaMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldave View Post
Well that is strange then, because whenever I'm using DS battery saver in all but the custom setting it controls mobile data as well as wifi, and so when the screen is off and deepsleep is activated, messages can be received and mobile data accessed only on the wakeup schedule (e.g. every 1h for 1m).
Yep. It says that. But I get everything in real time. I'm on nexus 5 though.....

sent from the back of a prancing, magical unicorn.

soldave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainNanpaMaster View Post
DS battery saver has absolutely no adverse effect on being able to receive messages either via line, hangouts, or email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainNanpaMaster View Post
Yep. It says that. But I get everything in real time. I'm on nexus 5 though.....

Ah I see. I think on the SC-06D, DS Battery Saver works and does shut off mobile data and wifi as it says it should. So does DS Battery Saver actually have any effect on data with the Nexus? If not, maybe a bug they need fixing.

gravedigger666
Old
(Last edited by gravedigger666; 13th March 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I've installed your latest 2 versions on my i9300 and when someone calls me or I accept a call I can't here the one on the other side.
They here me but I can't here them.
Any fix?????

DroidZombie
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger666 View Post
I've installed your latest 2 versions on my i9300 and when someone calls me or I accept a call I can't here the one on the other side.
They here me but I can't here them.
Any fix?????
this is not the i9300 thread...read the title please.

dzebrys
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldave View Post
I'm not having spectacular battery life when in standby, although not disastrous. That's been with all KK builds; am currently on the 20140223 version. With all apps closed, and location service disabled in System Settings and Google Now, the lowest mA I'm seeing is 35, and usually it's around 50.
that exactly what I've experienced. it's easy to spot even after a day of usage on kk. and my settings are sane, no location, etc. this is huge disadvantage compared to jb. there are other as well and for first time I step back to appreciate past.

Sent from my SC-06D using Tapatalk
sgs3 sc06d - carbon 4.3.1 d2dcm
htc hd2 - NexusHD2 JellyBean CM10 (retired)
hp ipaq hx4700 - 64mb win 6.5 (retired)

DroidZombie
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzebrys View Post
that exactly what I've experienced. it's easy to spot even after a day of usage on kk. and my settings are sane, no location, etc. this is huge disadvantage compared to jb. there are other as well and for first time I step back to appreciate past.

Sent from my SC-06D using Tapatalk
Sorry guys, not sure why you are having such awful battery life. Just to confirm, you're on dalvik not art, not gel or launcher 3, and you've set custom locations instead of letting google find them for you.

If you're still seeing higher battery drain it may be one of your apps is doing something new on kk. Something must be causing it.

soldave
Old
(Last edited by soldave; 26th March 2014 at 10:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Don't mind me!

soldave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
And an additional one - with the 25/3 build my Windows laptop can no longer see the phone when connected by USB cable. It will charge, but Windows Explorer will not see the device. Go back to 23/3 and it's visible again.

CyanideJack
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Any idea when we're going to see the next Release Candidate for this ROM? Seem to recall the last one was in May of last year, and it's just been Nightlys since then.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Recovery: CWM
Baseband: I9300XXEMC2
ROM: CarbonROM
Kernel: Stock

speedy1013
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This ROM is superb. Installed it this afternoon and well impressed.