CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
- are running a custom kernel
- have flashed mods
- modified system files
- didn't follow our intructions word by word
- are unfriendly
Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
Your mod => your problem!
FAQ (Read before post !!)
- If you obtain Error 7 when you tried to install ROM in CWM or TWRP
- Make sure you run CWM or TWRP recovery. Follow instructions in the specific threads on XDA.
- Download the zip (see Downloads)
- Download Gapps (PA gapps for example)
- Install the update zip from recovery
- Install gapps
- WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
- Enjoy !
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11:
- Copy CM11 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM11 zip from SDCard
Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10/10.1/10.2:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- Wipe data, we're not sure if everything will work yet.
In the past few years, Sony Xperia devices have come to be known for … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?