5,594,805 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v4.1 | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods

Tip us?
 
Patrics83
Old
(Last edited by Patrics83; 11th August 2012 at 08:54 PM.)
#11  
Patrics83's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7851
Posts: 5,476
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gothenburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Is it enough to name the specific apk for deletion or do i also have to name the description of that apk
Only apk name is needed, the ROM Cleaner program will stop reading from the file after ".apk"
For files you need to write the full path like this:

"/system/app/appname.apk"

This is also mentioned in the ROMCleaner_user.txt

Description is only for the users to know what the app does...

Please if you find more apps, let us know...

This initial release is just to get the development up n running
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
noytexz
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 131
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trier
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
I think it would be very helpfull to post a video or a clear noob proof tutorial on how to use the Rom Cleaner as most users i think will have a hard time doing this properly especialy for the deletion of apps.
I`am not a noob i hope but i`am not 100% sure on how to use this Cleaner and i`am afraid you will be flooded with questions, issues and worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Is it enough to name the specific apk for deletion or do i also have to name the description of that apk
APK name is enough
The Following User Says Thank You to noytexz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Patrics83
Old
#13  
Patrics83's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7851
Posts: 5,476
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gothenburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Guide updated!

Thanks a lot MarckX for the layout fixes

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MarckX
Old
#14  
MarckX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1177
Posts: 765
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83 View Post
Guide updated!

Thanks a lot MarckX for the layout fixes

Sent from my HTC One X
NP mate! Anytime!



ROM Cleaner Support, add ROMCleaner@im.partych.at to Google Talk/Hangouts and join our chat room!
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Patrics83
Old
#15  
Patrics83's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7851
Posts: 5,476
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gothenburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX View Post
NP mate! Anytime!
Good morning guys!

Anyone tried it yet?

It would be really nice to get some feedback

And I want to ask if anyone here have android-sdk installed with ddms plugin.
We would really like to have a screenshot from every aroma screen...

Thanks!

/Patric
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kastafela
Old
#16  
kastafela's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 274
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai
I don't und

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note III
ROM
Omega

If my posts were useful to u please press THANKS button
 
lukesky
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 683
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83 View Post
Good morning guys!

Anyone tried it yet?

It would be really nice to get some feedback

And I want to ask if anyone here have android-sdk installed with ddms plugin.
We would really like to have a screenshot from every aroma screen...

Thanks!

/Patric
I tried it but it didn't read my user file in the ext sd folder so it just ran the default txt file. Now it could be my own mistake but I did use notepad++ to edit it and save it in the extsd / romcleaner folder as per instructions. But I'm using Touch CWM though, does that affect anything?
 
Patrics83
Old
#18  
Patrics83's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7851
Posts: 5,476
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gothenburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastafela View Post
I don't und

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
+1

I don't understand your post either...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Patrics83
Old
#19  
Patrics83's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7851
Posts: 5,476
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gothenburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
I tried it but it didn't read my user file in the ext sd folder so it just ran the default txt file. Now it could be my own mistake but I did use notepad++ to edit it and save it in the extsd / romcleaner folder as per instructions. But I'm using Touch CWM though, does that affect anything?
Hmm did you copy the file to /extSDcard/ROMCleaner ?

if you please run log collection in AROM ui and upload the file I will have a look... probably just a minor mistake
 
baste07
Old
#20  
baste07's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 4,272
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manila
wow finally more devs in SGS III,

i know rom cleaner should be ran after fresh rom install, can we use it if we've had the rom already for a number of days?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baste07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes