[SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v4.1 | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods

Tip us?

gamin92
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by baste07 View Post
wow finally more devs in SGS III,

i know rom cleaner should be ran after fresh rom install, can we use it if we've had the rom already for a number of days?
I did it and no problem, the thing is working fine and no problem to report.
Samsung Galaxy S 3 i9300

Old Android Phones :
Google/Samsung Nexus S i9023
Samsung Galaxy S
HTC Magic 32B

Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamin92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarckX
Old
(Last edited by MarckX; 12th August 2012 at 02:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by baste07 View Post
wow finally more devs in SGS III,

i know rom cleaner should be ran after fresh rom install, can we use it if we've had the rom already for a number of days?
It's highly recommended to use it after a fresh rom install and before first boot.

Now, I know some users have been using it after first or more boots. It will clean the same apps and files. However, In the past has this usage lead sometimes to instability in some ROMs.

My advice would be: make a Nand backup and just try. If it doesn't feel right or you get (lots of) FC-ing, restore the Nand. At least you know why we recommend it to flash it before first boot.

Ps Please report back.... no matter what method you choose. It would be really appreciated...

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamin92 View Post
I did it and no problem, the thing is working fine and no problem to report.
Thanks for the feedback mate, but keep a close watch. Hope it won't give problems in the future

ROM Cleaner Support, add ROMCleaner@im.partych.at to Google Talk/Hangouts and join our chat room!
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F3nr1s
Old
Thanks Meter 285
i think i make something wrong . Rom cleaner dont use my ROMCleaner_user.txt i edit it with notepad ++ put it in "/extSDcard/ROMCleaner" folder. but every time i test ROM cleaner use the defaut text . What i missed ?

Patrics83
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7882

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3nr1s View Post
i think i make something wrong . Rom cleaner dont use my ROMCleaner_user.txt i edit it with notepad ++ put it in "/extSDcard/ROMCleaner" folder. but every time i test ROM cleaner use the defaut text . What i missed ?
I need logs please.

2nd report about this

Run "Log Collection" in ROM Cleaner main menu and upload the file.

And guys remember, I don't have this device, so I haven't been able to test all things myself. So when you report problems like this I must always have the log collection file from you

It's stated in the OP as well.

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F3nr1s
Old
Thanks Meter 285
http://lh.rs/sXrUk3M5idv2
this is the log
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F3nr1s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukesky
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Ok I think I know what's wrong.

When I was in the app and saving the logs, I found the logs in my internal SD card (under /sdcard/RomCleaner) instead of the external SD card like how the app would lead me to believe.

Since OP said he doesn't have the S3, I can see why there's the mix up. For the S3, /extSDcard/ROMCleaner/ would normally mean the external SD card and not the internal SD card. The internal SD card is named as /sdcard.

I didn't try copying the user txt file over to the internal sdcard and flash because I'm using hypergalaxy and it's already super lean and doesn't have anything to remove, but if someone is using a more "normal" rom can try putting the ROMCleaner_user.txt file into the internal sd card and see if it works...
The Following User Says Thank You to lukesky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarckX
Old
Thanks Meter 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3nr1s View Post
Hi there F3nr1s,

In your log I found this line: couldn't open: /sdcard/ROMCleaner/ROMCleaner_user.txt

This is caused by the fact that you changed the ROMCleaner_user.txt and saved it to ROMCleaner_user.txt.txt.
So I would like to suggest you rename the file (ditch the second .txt) and it should work as intended.

And...... ofc we would be happy to receive some feedback on this..

ROM Cleaner Support, add ROMCleaner@im.partych.at to Google Talk/Hangouts and join our chat room!
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F3nr1s
Old
Thanks Meter 285
i know i do something wrong lol , i rename the file and test that asap;
Thanks for the help
The Following User Says Thank You to F3nr1s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarckX
Old
(Last edited by MarckX; 13th August 2012 at 12:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
Ok I think I know what's wrong.

When I was in the app and saving the logs, I found the logs in my internal SD card (under /sdcard/RomCleaner) instead of the external SD card like how the app would lead me to believe.

Since OP said he doesn't have the S3, I can see why there's the mix up. For the S3, /extSDcard/ROMCleaner/ would normally mean the external SD card and not the internal SD card. The internal SD card is named as /sdcard.

I didn't try copying the user txt file over to the internal sdcard and flash because I'm using hypergalaxy and it's already super lean and doesn't have anything to remove, but if someone is using a more "normal" rom can try putting the ROMCleaner_user.txt file into the internal sd card and see if it works...
We made the choice to put ROMCleaner folder here (/sdcard/ROMCleaner/etc). So all files can be found there and ROMCleaner_user.txt should be located there as well.

The script are being copied to /sdcard/ROMCleaner/ . So you can find them overthere.

Thanks for your feedback! We will look into it asap to see if some changes are needed!!!

F3nr1s
Old
Thanks Meter 285
So this is ok ROM cleaner use ROMCleaner_user.txt
but it seems samsung apps and SSugest are still installed
my log : http://lh.rs/bQG1NOvrrdaC

The Following User Says Thank You to F3nr1s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]