OP Patrics83

22nd February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #621  
Flag Amsterdam, NL, EU
Thanks Meter: 46

194 posts
More
My user.txt post most ROMs I ever use..
deleted
Last edited by jult; 5th March 2013 at 12:18 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jult For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #622  
Thanks Meter: 29

244 posts
More
I'm attempting to slim down my Sprint GS3 as much as possible, but I've run into a problem. Something that I removed is causing the phone to lose it's data connection. After booting the "Preparing Network..." message stays in the status bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking down the necessary app? I've been going through the list one-by-one and enabling then re-flashing/re-cleaning, but that's really slow.

EDIT:
Based on my trouble shooting, I think it's something in this list:
Code:
DrmProvider.apk
DropboxOOBEPriority4.apk						#TW bundled dropbox
EdmVpnServices.apk								#VPN Service
EnterprisePermissions.apk
SecExchange.apk									#Exchange Services
SimpleFavoritesWidget.apk						#Favorite Contacts Widget
Books.apk										#Google Play Books
MediaHub_D2.apk									#Media Hub
MusicPlayer.apk									#TW Music App
SlideShow.apk
ConnectionManager.apk							#Sprint Connection Optimizer
Sprint_Installer.apk
SprintZone.apk
Swype.apk
VideoPlayer.apk
VoiceRecorder.apk
VVM.apk											#Sprint Visual Voice Mail
VpnClient.apk
VpnDialogs.apk
SecBrowser.apk
SecFileShareClient.apk
SecFileShareServer.apk							#Wifi sharing
wssyncmlnps.apk									#Kies sync
PanningTryActually.apk
Last edited by ioos; 23rd February 2013 at 12:05 AM.
23rd February 2013, 01:08 AM   |  #623  

244 posts
More
Actually, it's not in the list above. I'm going to start over. Other than removing an APK and looking for problems, is there another way to tell what an application does? Or at least determine the apps that depend on it? Some of them don't really show up on Google.
23rd February 2013, 03:14 PM   |  #624  
Thanks Meter: 1,273

837 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos

I'm attempting to slim down my Sprint GS3 as much as possible, but I've run into a problem. Something that I removed is causing the phone to lose it's data connection. After booting the "Preparing Network..." message stays in the status bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking down the necessary app? I've been going through the list one-by-one and enabling then re-flashing/re-cleaning, but that's really slow.

It's probably not the removal of an apk that causes this. Probably it's kernel (or even radio) related. I don't know if you have been using different kernels with modules, but that could cause problems like that. Never heard of similar problems using ROMCleaner tho. But then I again, we don't own SG3 ourselves, so we are depending on user input here.

Quote:

Actually, it's not in the list above. I'm going to start over. Other than removing an APK and looking for problems, is there another way to tell what an application does? Or at least determine the apps that depend on it? Some of them don't really show up on Google.

For description of apk files, I can recommend THIS. It tells you the description of most apk's,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #625  
Flag Amsterdam, NL, EU
Thanks Meter: 46

194 posts
More
Quote:

Code:
ConnectionManager.apk

This I would be careful with. Have you tried leaving it in?
23rd February 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #626  
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 1,106

2,222 posts
More
Re: [SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jult

Haven't checked in this thread yet I've been on anthrax ASOP for a bit but had to say thanks for developing for this device guys! I'm back on TW so naturally I'll be using RC. I'll upload my list once I fine tune it
The Following User Says Thank You to banccalif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 10:16 PM   |  #627  

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX

It's probably not the removal of an apk that causes this. Probably it's kernel (or even radio) related. I don't know if you have been using different kernels with modules, but that could cause problems like that. Never heard of similar problems using ROMCleaner tho. But then I again, we don't own SG3 ourselves, so we are depending on user input here.

It definitely was something I was removing with this tool. Some kind of activation I guess. It would also fail to update the profile (updating indefinitely). I was reflashing a 100% stock rom with kernel included. Flashing that rom without using this tool, I don't have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX

For description of apk files, I can recommend THIS. It tells you the description of most apk's,

Thanks, I'm checking this out right now. I'm on Linux so I had to use wine and it's not working quite right. But it looks like there are other tools out there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jult

Yes. Surprisingly ConnectionManager.apk is not the culprit. That is Sprint's ridiculous "Connection Optimizer" that pulls up the TOS page of every Starbucks (and other open APs) as you walk by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 11:21 PM   |  #628  
Thanks Meter: 1,273

837 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/M
Quote:

It definitely was something I was removing with this tool. Some kind of activation I guess. It would also fail to update the profile (updating indefinitely). I was reflashing a 100% stock rom with kernel included. Flashing that rom without using this tool, I don't have any problems.

Yes. Surprisingly ConnectionManager.apk is not the culprit. That is Sprint's ridiculous "Connection Optimizer" that pulls up the TOS page of every Starbucks (and other open APs) as you walk by.

I love it when someone proves me wrong: learning everyday here Thanks for your update mate. Much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #629  
Thanks Meter: 14

212 posts
I got this error message when trying to backup with my Note2 N7105. I do not have an ext sd card. Any idea why?

edited-- wrong forum
Last edited by blueacidic; 24th February 2013 at 09:52 PM.
25th February 2013, 04:32 PM   |  #630  
Thanks Meter: 163

580 posts
There isnt an actual answer to this so i'll ask:

Which one to use with TWRP?

Thanks in advance

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread