FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v4.1 | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods

Thanks Meter: 8,207
 
By Patrics83, Recognized Developer on 11th August 2012, 07:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st February 2013, 11:21 PM |#621  
jult's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam, NL, EU
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
My user.txt post most ROMs I ever use..
deleted
Last edited by jult; 4th March 2013 at 11:18 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jult For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd February 2013, 11:03 PM |#622  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
I'm attempting to slim down my Sprint GS3 as much as possible, but I've run into a problem. Something that I removed is causing the phone to lose it's data connection. After booting the "Preparing Network..." message stays in the status bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking down the necessary app? I've been going through the list one-by-one and enabling then re-flashing/re-cleaning, but that's really slow.

EDIT:
Based on my trouble shooting, I think it's something in this list:
Code:
DrmProvider.apk
DropboxOOBEPriority4.apk						#TW bundled dropbox
EdmVpnServices.apk								#VPN Service
EnterprisePermissions.apk
SecExchange.apk									#Exchange Services
SimpleFavoritesWidget.apk						#Favorite Contacts Widget
Books.apk										#Google Play Books
MediaHub_D2.apk									#Media Hub
MusicPlayer.apk									#TW Music App
SlideShow.apk
ConnectionManager.apk							#Sprint Connection Optimizer
Sprint_Installer.apk
SprintZone.apk
Swype.apk
VideoPlayer.apk
VoiceRecorder.apk
VVM.apk											#Sprint Visual Voice Mail
VpnClient.apk
VpnDialogs.apk
SecBrowser.apk
SecFileShareClient.apk
SecFileShareServer.apk							#Wifi sharing
wssyncmlnps.apk									#Kies sync
PanningTryActually.apk
Last edited by ioos; 22nd February 2013 at 11:05 PM.
23rd February 2013, 12:08 AM |#623  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Actually, it's not in the list above. I'm going to start over. Other than removing an APK and looking for problems, is there another way to tell what an application does? Or at least determine the apps that depend on it? Some of them don't really show up on Google.
23rd February 2013, 02:14 PM |#624  
MarckX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos

I'm attempting to slim down my Sprint GS3 as much as possible, but I've run into a problem. Something that I removed is causing the phone to lose it's data connection. After booting the "Preparing Network..." message stays in the status bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking down the necessary app? I've been going through the list one-by-one and enabling then re-flashing/re-cleaning, but that's really slow.

It's probably not the removal of an apk that causes this. Probably it's kernel (or even radio) related. I don't know if you have been using different kernels with modules, but that could cause problems like that. Never heard of similar problems using ROMCleaner tho. But then I again, we don't own SG3 ourselves, so we are depending on user input here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos

Actually, it's not in the list above. I'm going to start over. Other than removing an APK and looking for problems, is there another way to tell what an application does? Or at least determine the apps that depend on it? Some of them don't really show up on Google.

For description of apk files, I can recommend THIS. It tells you the description of most apk's,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 06:40 PM |#625  
jult's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam, NL, EU
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos

Code:
ConnectionManager.apk

This I would be careful with. Have you tried leaving it in?
23rd February 2013, 07:05 PM |#626  
banccalif's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LOS ANGELES
Thanks Meter: 1,196
 
More
Re: [SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jult

This I would be careful with. Have you tried leaving it in?

Haven't checked in this thread yet I've been on anthrax ASOP for a bit but had to say thanks for developing for this device guys! I'm back on TW so naturally I'll be using RC. I'll upload my list once I fine tune it
The Following User Says Thank You to banccalif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 09:16 PM |#627  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX

It's probably not the removal of an apk that causes this. Probably it's kernel (or even radio) related. I don't know if you have been using different kernels with modules, but that could cause problems like that. Never heard of similar problems using ROMCleaner tho. But then I again, we don't own SG3 ourselves, so we are depending on user input here.

It definitely was something I was removing with this tool. Some kind of activation I guess. It would also fail to update the profile (updating indefinitely). I was reflashing a 100% stock rom with kernel included. Flashing that rom without using this tool, I don't have any problems.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX

For description of apk files, I can recommend THIS. It tells you the description of most apk's,

Thanks, I'm checking this out right now. I'm on Linux so I had to use wine and it's not working quite right. But it looks like there are other tools out there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jult

This I would be careful with. Have you tried leaving it in?

Yes. Surprisingly ConnectionManager.apk is not the culprit. That is Sprint's ridiculous "Connection Optimizer" that pulls up the TOS page of every Starbucks (and other open APs) as you walk by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 10:21 PM |#628  
MarckX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos

It definitely was something I was removing with this tool. Some kind of activation I guess. It would also fail to update the profile (updating indefinitely). I was reflashing a 100% stock rom with kernel included. Flashing that rom without using this tool, I don't have any problems.

Yes. Surprisingly ConnectionManager.apk is not the culprit. That is Sprint's ridiculous "Connection Optimizer" that pulls up the TOS page of every Starbucks (and other open APs) as you walk by.

I love it when someone proves me wrong: learning everyday here Thanks for your update mate. Much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:49 PM |#629  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I got this error message when trying to backup with my Note2 N7105. I do not have an ext sd card. Any idea why?


edited-- wrong forum
Last edited by blueacidic; 24th February 2013 at 08:52 PM.
25th February 2013, 03:32 PM |#630  
diego9016's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
There isnt an actual answer to this so i'll ask:

Which one to use with TWRP?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes