Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v4.1 | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods

Tip us?

jult
Old
(Last edited by jult; 4th March 2013 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 46
Default My user.txt post most ROMs I ever use..

deleted
Samsung i9305 Toolkit | TGP | Themes | PDroid | Baseband/Modem | Power Toggles | TotalCommander | pwn2own

Itís up to us to require device manufacturers to enable USB Audio!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jult For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ioos
Old
(Last edited by ioos; 22nd February 2013 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
I'm attempting to slim down my Sprint GS3 as much as possible, but I've run into a problem. Something that I removed is causing the phone to lose it's data connection. After booting the "Preparing Network..." message stays in the status bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking down the necessary app? I've been going through the list one-by-one and enabling then re-flashing/re-cleaning, but that's really slow.

EDIT:
Based on my trouble shooting, I think it's something in this list:
Code:
Select Code
DrmProvider.apk
DropboxOOBEPriority4.apk						#TW bundled dropbox
EdmVpnServices.apk								#VPN Service
EnterprisePermissions.apk
SecExchange.apk									#Exchange Services
SimpleFavoritesWidget.apk						#Favorite Contacts Widget
Books.apk										#Google Play Books
MediaHub_D2.apk									#Media Hub
MusicPlayer.apk									#TW Music App
SlideShow.apk
ConnectionManager.apk							#Sprint Connection Optimizer
Sprint_Installer.apk
SprintZone.apk
Swype.apk
VideoPlayer.apk
VoiceRecorder.apk
VVM.apk											#Sprint Visual Voice Mail
VpnClient.apk
VpnDialogs.apk
SecBrowser.apk
SecFileShareClient.apk
SecFileShareServer.apk							#Wifi sharing
wssyncmlnps.apk									#Kies sync
PanningTryActually.apk

ioos
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Actually, it's not in the list above. I'm going to start over. Other than removing an APK and looking for problems, is there another way to tell what an application does? Or at least determine the apps that depend on it? Some of them don't really show up on Google.

MarckX
Old
Thanks Meter 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos View Post
I'm attempting to slim down my Sprint GS3 as much as possible, but I've run into a problem. Something that I removed is causing the phone to lose it's data connection. After booting the "Preparing Network..." message stays in the status bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking down the necessary app? I've been going through the list one-by-one and enabling then re-flashing/re-cleaning, but that's really slow.
It's probably not the removal of an apk that causes this. Probably it's kernel (or even radio) related. I don't know if you have been using different kernels with modules, but that could cause problems like that. Never heard of similar problems using ROMCleaner tho. But then I again, we don't own SG3 ourselves, so we are depending on user input here.

Quote:
Actually, it's not in the list above. I'm going to start over. Other than removing an APK and looking for problems, is there another way to tell what an application does? Or at least determine the apps that depend on it? Some of them don't really show up on Google.
For description of apk files, I can recommend THIS. It tells you the description of most apk's,

ROM Cleaner Support, add ROMCleaner@im.partych.at to Google Talk/Hangouts and join our chat room!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jult
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Code:
Select Code
ConnectionManager.apk
This I would be careful with. Have you tried leaving it in?
Samsung i9305 Toolkit | TGP | Themes | PDroid | Baseband/Modem | Power Toggles | TotalCommander | pwn2own

Itís up to us to require device manufacturers to enable USB Audio!

banccalif
Old
Thanks Meter 997
Default Re: [SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jult View Post
Haven't checked in this thread yet I've been on anthrax ASOP for a bit but had to say thanks for developing for this device guys! I'm back on TW so naturally I'll be using RC. I'll upload my list once I fine tune it
The Following User Says Thank You to banccalif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ioos
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX View Post
It's probably not the removal of an apk that causes this. Probably it's kernel (or even radio) related. I don't know if you have been using different kernels with modules, but that could cause problems like that. Never heard of similar problems using ROMCleaner tho. But then I again, we don't own SG3 ourselves, so we are depending on user input here.
It definitely was something I was removing with this tool. Some kind of activation I guess. It would also fail to update the profile (updating indefinitely). I was reflashing a 100% stock rom with kernel included. Flashing that rom without using this tool, I don't have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckX View Post
For description of apk files, I can recommend THIS. It tells you the description of most apk's,
Thanks, I'm checking this out right now. I'm on Linux so I had to use wine and it's not working quite right. But it looks like there are other tools out there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jult View Post
Yes. Surprisingly ConnectionManager.apk is not the culprit. That is Sprint's ridiculous "Connection Optimizer" that pulls up the TOS page of every Starbucks (and other open APs) as you walk by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarckX
Old
Thanks Meter 1199
Default Re: [SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.0 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/M

Quote:
It definitely was something I was removing with this tool. Some kind of activation I guess. It would also fail to update the profile (updating indefinitely). I was reflashing a 100% stock rom with kernel included. Flashing that rom without using this tool, I don't have any problems.

Yes. Surprisingly ConnectionManager.apk is not the culprit. That is Sprint's ridiculous "Connection Optimizer" that pulls up the TOS page of every Starbucks (and other open APs) as you walk by.
I love it when someone proves me wrong: learning everyday here Thanks for your update mate. Much appreciated.

ROM Cleaner Support, add ROMCleaner@im.partych.at to Google Talk/Hangouts and join our chat room!
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blueacidic
Old
(Last edited by blueacidic; 24th February 2013 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
I got this error message when trying to backup with my Note2 N7105. I do not have an ext sd card. Any idea why?

edited-- wrong forum

diego9016
Old
Thanks Meter 166
There isnt an actual answer to this so i'll ask:

Which one to use with TWRP?

Thanks in advance