Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Thread closed.

OP Yank555

23rd October 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
6600 in Quadrant
13600 in Antutu

Waiting for battery
23rd October 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #22  
corrsea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 613
 
1,485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
For anyone who is wondering about battery

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350951528349.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1423199   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350951562789.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1423200  
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag Badalona
Thanks Meter: 550
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Looking great man!
I'm reaaaaaally tempted to try this but i'll miss two features from perseus...
Gpu oc/uv and the "voodoo" port...
both should be kinda easy to import to this kernel i think...
It's not a request,don't get me wrong.It's more like a suggestion.
Anyway.Thank you very much for contributing here on xda and specifically on the S3 forums!
It always feels good to see a great "new" kernel/rom making it's way here!
I wish you the best mate...

If I were you I'd give it a try , I hadn't missed the GPU OC at all while using this kernel and about the sound tweaks... I I just turned to use Power amp and that did the trick enough for me

Worth the try m8 I swear you won't miss them

About battery I'm getting about 18h on with 4h on screen just same I get on Perseus when I used it and same with Siyah! Only one with slight better was GalaxSih kernel and well, you sacrifice some smoothness there to get the battery and as far as I don't need it I prefer smoothness now

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to MuertoKo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #24  
Yank555's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10,220
 
6,310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Looking great man!
I'm reaaaaaally tempted to try this but i'll miss two features from perseus...
Gpu oc/uv and the "voodoo" port...
both should be kinda easy to import to this kernel i think...
It's not a request,don't get me wrong.It's more like a suggestion.
Anyway.Thank you very much for contributing here on xda and specifically on the S3 forums!
It always feels good to see a great "new" kernel/rom making it's way here!
I wish you the best mate...

I'm not really convinced OCing the GPU will help that much, and since stability is key to me ... ?

Give it a try and let us know if GPU speed should be improved.

As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale, with statements like :

" My system runs fine, so my uv setting is ok, but when I run a benchmark my phone reboots... "

Yes, ok for low cpu load maybe, but too much at full load That's why I so far ruled it out... from my point of view undervolting is overrated, it's the last drop you can squeeze out of your battery, so it's the last effort one should do when everything else is perfect

As for sound, I use a sound mod (will post link in a sec) and eq app and for music PowerAmp, just great for me like that...

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Here's the link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27656532
Last edited by Yank555; 23rd October 2012 at 08:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #25  
"D"'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.E.
Thanks Meter: 92
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
@Yank555

+1 Thanks for the Kernel.Very clean and stable with WanamLite JB 4.0.1

"D"
23rd October 2012, 10:06 AM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag Badalona
Thanks Meter: 550
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

I'm not really convinced OCing the GPU will help that much, and since stability is key to me ... ?

Give it a try and let us know if GPU speed should be improved.

As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale, with statements like :

" My system runs fine, so my uv setting is ok, but when I run a benchmark my phone reboots... "

Yes, ok for low cpu load maybe, but too much at full load That's why I so far ruled it out... from my point of view undervolting is overrated, it's the last drop you can squeeze out of your battery, so it's the last effort one should do when everything else is perfect

As for sound, I use a sound mod (will post link in a sec) and eq app and for music PowerAmp, just great for me like that...

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Here's the link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27656532

Had the same discussion on Sensation as well and the conclusion was clear. UV is way overrated and even unless (or nearly )

About GPU I tried the cofig in my sig for a while and it worked well, but still I'm not missing it in your kernel anyway... Battery drain increased ofc so don't know if it's really worth anyway.

Sound same as you Yank

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
23rd October 2012, 11:58 AM   |  #27  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 692
 
1,481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

I'm not really convinced OCing the GPU will help that much, and since stability is key to me ... ?

Give it a try and let us know if GPU speed should be improved.

As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale, with statements like :

" My system runs fine, so my uv setting is ok, but when I run a benchmark my phone reboots... "

Yes, ok for low cpu load maybe, but too much at full load That's why I so far ruled it out... from my point of view undervolting is overrated, it's the last drop you can squeeze out of your battery, so it's the last effort one should do when everything else is perfect

As for sound, I use a sound mod (will post link in a sec) and eq app and for music PowerAmp, just great for me like that...

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Here's the link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27656532

I would have pressed thanks but i'm limited to 8 per day.

Okay man,thanks.
Oc for gpu is more for having note 2 clocks(with 1.6ghz oc too) it didn't do much,but in some games like nova 3 which are graphic intense it made it a lil bit smoother.
I don't use undervolt to save battery as i carry 2 batteries with me all the time...hehe...
I use it to make the device run cooler,and that does the job.
You're right,many inexperienced users will have issues if they don't undervolt correctly so i always reccomend a maximum safe undervolt of -50mv...after that if your device handles it you can try to go deeper.
As for the sound,my earphones are very loud(http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-JV...928752693#rwid) and i never have to crank it up to full(with stock settings,i always limit the volume with these beasts... )
I just use the eq to config them because by default sammys values are a bit crappy in my likings...:/
Anyway,you're right sound mod isn't needed,you can configure it with other apps as well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfsmw_gr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag Badalona
Thanks Meter: 550
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

I would have pressed thanks but i'm limited to 8 per day.

Okay man,thanks.
Oc for gpu is more for having note 2 clocks(with 1.6ghz oc too) it didn't do much,but in some games like nova 3 which are graphic intense it made it a lil bit smoother.
I don't use undervolt to save battery as i carry 2 batteries with me all the time...hehe...
I use it to make the device run cooler,and that does the job.
You're right,many inexperienced users will have issues if they don't undervolt correctly so i always reccomend a maximum safe undervolt of -50mv...after that if your device handles it you can try to go deeper.
As for the sound,my earphones are very loud(http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-JV...928752693#rwid) and i never have to crank it up to full(with stock settings,i always limit the volume with these beasts... )
I just use the eq to config them because by default sammys values are a bit crappy in my likings...:/
Anyway,you're right sound mod isn't needed,you can configure it with other apps as well!

Just get PowerAmp you will freak out

About GPU I usually spend some time playing NOVA as well and with 1.4 and no Gpu it runs without any lag so far [ give it a try and report if you find it laggier than with it, and I will do same

UV for cooling... well, and from my testing on Sensation it made no sense but this is a different device and has no heating problems like sensation... Where will give it a try with some tests and report back thanks for the idea, but I hadn't even thought about it as for sensation it didn't work

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
23rd October 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #29  
zmfl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 207
 
449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale

Very true.
Sensation was sometimes rebooting with just -25mv. Usually when I desperately need it to work...


Also, hi Yank, hope to see you make a difference here as well
The Following User Says Thank You to zmfl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
415 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I see that the Kernel also installs some scripts.

What to do if i want install another Kernel? how can i delete this scripts?

THX

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes