FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

 View Poll Results: Which Android versions of the kernels need maintaining ?

4.1.x (e.g. CM10, PA 2.54...)
 
11 Vote(s)
7.59%
4.2.x old mali drivers (e.g. old CM10.1, PA 3+...)
 
21 Vote(s)
14.48%
4.2.x (future CM10.1, CM10.1 ROMs with update...)
 
138 Vote(s)
95.17%

Thread closed.

7,210 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,583
 
By Yank555, Senior Member on 21st November 2012, 09:15 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st November 2012, 10:59 PM |#11  
Yank555's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,583
 
More
Ok, time to shoot, here it is, just readily cooked, be carefull, still hot

Changelog v1.0
  • Based on CyanogenMod CM10 kernel for i9300 sources (Linux 3.0.31)
  • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.52
  • using Paranoid Android 2.54 ramdisk
  • swap support
  • /proc/config.gz support
  • optimized for size
  • Aroma installer with options
  • USB Forced Fast Charge v1.2a (Yank555.lu)
  • CPU OC up to 1.6GHz (Yank555.lu)
  • Triangle Away support (Chainfire)
  • Dynamic fsync control (faux123)
  • TCP westwood congest ctrl (faux123)
  • Proport. Rate Reduction TCP (faux123)
  • ARM AES/SHA1 (faux123)
  • JIT compiler for packet filters(faux123)
  • fix ipv6 protocol lookup (faux123)
  • ipv4 check ret.val. dst_alloc (faux123)
  • ipv6 check ret.val. dst_alloc (faux123)
  • updated LZO compression (faux123)
  • do_fsync() to fget_light() (faux123)
  • reduce mali utilization sampling timeout (AndreiLux)
  • mdnie: custom settings (AndreiLux)

    Includes hardcore sharpnes fixes, and black gamma curve adjustment for black crush
  • ntfs (rw) support (kernel support only)
  • zram support (Android optimized)

  • Download link (MD5 fd4bbc970ef350621a8a3ed9c8003e8c)

  • Please do consider this v1.0 as beta, I've started working on this CM10 kernel this evening, and it's just done compiling, so you're testing this with me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st November 2012, 11:41 PM |#12  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 728
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

Well I've been running Paranoid Android 2.54 for one day with stock kernel, and I liked it that much that I decided to "port" my Sammy kernel to CM10, or to be more precise, to add the same mods to a CM10 base as those I added to the Sammy kernel.

I'm test-compiling 3.0.45 right now, next step will be 3.0.52

JP.

I see...
Looking good!
Is anything not working or have bugs mate? (on the aosp side i mean not on your kernel)
I think you get that some want to have some info before flashing things on their phones.
Last edited by nfsmw_gr; 21st November 2012 at 11:48 PM.
22nd November 2012, 12:02 AM |#13  
Yank555's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,583
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

I see...
Looking good!
Is anything not working or have bugs mate? (on the aosp side i mean not on your kernel)
I think you get that some want to have some info before flashing things on their phones.

Well the base (CM10 stock kernel) behaved perfectly well, today (I've not used it any longer, as I got my second S3 only yesterday )

So far, I'm running v1.0 since I compiled it about 1 hour ago, looking peachy, but well 1 hour is quite a little too short to make any conclusions.

JP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2012, 10:38 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

Well the base (CM10 stock kernel) behaved perfectly well, today (I've not used it any longer, as I got my second S3 only yesterday )

So far, I'm running v1.0 since I compiled it about 1 hour ago, looking peachy, but well 1 hour is quite a little too short to make any conclusions.

JP.

A second S3, wow.

I use this kernel with Helly_Bean (CM10) and everything is just fine!
Can I change the voltage settings and the touch-boost level?


Thanks!
22nd November 2012, 11:00 AM |#15  
Yank555's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,583
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminX2

A second S3, wow.

I use this kernel with Helly_Bean (CM10) and everything is just fine!
Can I change the voltage settings and the touch-boost level?

Thanks!

Voltage control is something I'm not keen on introducing, as it brings close to no battery gain (nothing you could actually really measure) but adds a whole lot of risk of instability, especially users pushing the limits or even slightly above I wouldn't want any flooding with weird random reboot reports due to this

CPU and GPU (governor) behaviour is stock (except for the CPU OC ti 1.6GHz).

JP.
22nd November 2012, 11:28 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

Voltage control is something I'm not keen on introducing, as it brings close to no battery gain (nothing you could actually really measure) but adds a whole lot of risk of instability, especially users pushing the limits or even slightly above I wouldn't want any flooding with weird random reboot reports due to this

CPU and GPU (governor) behaviour is stock (except for the CPU OC ti 1.6GHz).

JP.

I like to undervolt the CPU 100mV and the GPU 25/50mV. That is stable for me and reduces the temperature of the phone a bit. Most noticeable with the touch boost turned down to 200 MHz.
Let's see if a governor change can help.
22nd November 2012, 12:06 PM |#17  
Yank555's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,583
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminX2

I like to undervolt the CPU 100mV and the GPU 25/50mV. That is stable for me and reduces the temperature of the phone a bit. Most noticeable with the touch boost turned down to 200 MHz.
Let's see if a governor change can help.

Not sure using a different gogernor than pegasusq is going to work well...

UV for temperature might be a good idea, but not for better battery as that doesn't realy make any measurable difference, brings only the risk of instability.

JP.

Sent from my Paranoid Android 2.54 / Yank555.lu CM10 kernel v1.0 (3.0.52) powered Galaxy S3 i9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2012, 11:28 PM |#18  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 728
 
More
Okay,i switched over from hoxhound to helly bean and i must say this is great!
Your kernel works fine here...
I really really reallyyyy hope you update this kernel like the other one!
22nd November 2012, 11:59 PM |#19  
Yank555's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,583
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Okay,i switched over from hoxhound to helly bean and i must say this is great!
Your kernel works fine here...
I really really reallyyyy hope you update this kernel like the other one!

Will keep them in line each time I change something that can fit both

Just moved my daily to PA, switched S3, the white one's in my pocket now

So no worries there

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 14.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v2.5 Aroma (JB-U6 / Linux 3.0.52) powered Galaxy S3 i9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 12:19 AM |#20  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 728
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555

Will keep them in line each time I change something that can fit both

Just moved my daily to PA, switched S3, the white one's in my pocket now

So no worries there

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 14.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v2.5 Aroma (JB-U6 / Linux 3.0.52) powered Galaxy S3 i9300 using Tapatalk 2

That's great man!Cheers!
Last edited by nfsmw_gr; 23rd November 2012 at 12:35 AM.
23rd November 2012, 02:52 AM |#21  
eseregin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 263
 
More
Let's try it, downloading and will try it with cm10
Thanks for this opportunity.

PS
Tested! Great one - i like hardcore implementation (Includes hardcore sharpnes fixes, and black gamma curve adjustment for black crush) in CM10 ROM very much
Until now all works fine 8-)
Last edited by eseregin; 23rd November 2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: PS

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes