[17 May][AOSP 4.3, 4.4][PORT][APP]Fixed Camera App and Lib for CM/All AOSP roms

Search This thread

eveles

Jan 8, 2014
Athens
Hello i just flashed CM_Fixed_Camera_for_CM_All_AOSP_roms_by_RohanAJoshi_V5.0
I am running archidroid v.3.0.2 on i9300 and now it cant connect to camera no matter what.
I tried rebooting several times nothing.
I also tried installing the restart_camera_app_temasek still nothing.
Any ideas what went wrong??
i followed the instructions on op

Last edited:

lex082009

Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys, i use liquidsmooth and my camera keeps freezing after 4/5 pictures and then can't connect anymore. Will any of these camera apps help me? Did anyone else using liquidsmooth tried? I'm not an expert with all these roms and custom apps so if anyone could help i would be more than gratefull. Thank you!

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
First off I wanna say a HUGE HUGE HUUUUUGE thanks for this. I have spent the last 2 days endlessl looking and testing and trying to find a fix.
Funny thing I landed on this and this was my very last ditch effort at tring to fix this. I had just texted people about if this fix doesn;t work I am reverting back to 4.3 tw stock rooted. To my pleasant surprise, this fix worked for me.

I am currently on Octos 4.4.4 KK rom and have sent the last 2 days exhaustingly and tireingly trying to get a fix for this.

I am so very greatful for whoever made this fix, I thank you a million times over.

I am on a T999L tmobile s3, and for whatever reason this phones camea seems to have issues with aosp style roms. I tried cm11, carbon rom, and Octos rom all 4.4.x KK roms and had the exact same camera issue on all of them.

Again I thank you for ending my tireless search for a fix.

giovag7

Sep 15, 2008
I am running archidroid v.3.0.2 on i9300 and now it cant connect to camera no matter what.
This fix is not compatible with Archidroid because it use different libraries.

Reactions: eveles

ScratMan38

Feb 4, 2011
Grenoble
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Oh, I did not see you tried with the CM fix on AD 3.0.2.
ArchiDroid 3.0.2 now uses OmniROM camera HAL, so you need to use the Omni version of the fix.

Flash the Omni version, go to file manager, delete the odex file for the camera app in /system and reboot the phone. It should work.

eveles

Jan 8, 2014
Athens
This fix is not compatible with Archidroid because it use different libraries.

Oh, I did not see you tried with the CM fix on AD 3.0.2.
ArchiDroid 3.0.2 now uses OmniROM camera HAL, so you need to use the Omni version of the fix.

Flash the Omni version, go to file manager, delete the odex file for the camera app in /system and reboot the phone. It should work.

Thanks a lot for the info! after the nandroid restore that i did, i havent had any problems yet. Do you think i should flash the zip anyway or should i keep the zip in my external sdcard so to flash it if and when the problem reappears??
Also can you be more specific regarding the path of the above mentioned ''odex file''? (in root/system/cameradata)? in the cameradata folder i have only 2 files : datapattern_front_420sp.yuv and datapattern_420sp.yuv

Last edited:

ScratMan38

Feb 4, 2011
Grenoble
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks a lot for the info! after the nandroid restore that i did, i havent had any problems yet. Do you think i should flash the zip anyway or should i keep the zip it in my external sdcard so to flash it if and when the problem reappears??
Also can you be more specific regarding the path of the above mentioned ''odex file''? (in root/system/cameradata)? in the cameradata folder i have only 2 files : datapattern_front_420sp.yuv and datapattern_420sp.yuv

It's in the /system/app folder

kenaw

Sep 13, 2013
No, it doesn't work. I tried it myself. Had to do a full wipe and reinstall the ROM to get it working again. Do not try it.

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
i think cm12 does not need this fix anymore..
use nameless rom and use Google camera, you will get perfectly working camera..

I know it's been a long time since you posted, but what is your advice in this regard (as someone who used Nameless) ?
I've tried other CM12 ROMs (not Nameless yet) and they all have the same issue (can't connect to camera) even with 3rd party apps.

I've tried your fix on CM11 and it solved the issue btw. It's the only thing that convinced me to abandon stock and go for CM11.
Is there any development on this fix for CM12? I guess the fix is still needed for other ROMs even if Nameless got it solved. :good:

Thanks.

Last edited:

ps89

Jul 3, 2013
Hello guys. I'm using Paranoid Android 4.6 Beta 5 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300). Which version of the fix should I flash? CM or Omni. Thanks. :)

ayoubij

Jan 28, 2013
Tripoli
I know it's been a long time since you posted, but what is your advice in this regard (as someone who used Nameless) ?
I've tried other CM12 ROMs (not Nameless yet) and they all have the same issue (can't connect to camera) even with 3rd party apps.

I've tried your fix on CM11 and it solved the issue btw. It's the only thing that convinced me to abandon stock and go for CM11.
Is there any development on this fix for CM12? I guess the fix is still needed for other ROMs even if Nameless got it solved. :good:

Thanks.
For the cm12 you only have @Moster2 if he agree to fix it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *OmniRom/based users, flash Omni Rom Mod*
    Steps for install :
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Flash zip.
    3. Wipe cache and dalvik.
    4. Reboot phone normally.

This will replace your current camera app.

Tested on : Official cm10.2 nightlies, Temasek's Unofficial cm10.2, Temasek's Unofficial cm11.0.

Works on : Mostly all CM/AOSP based roms like PA,,AOKP, Carbonn Rom, PAC, etc.

Changelog :

V5 Update on 17/05/2014 :

For CM Mod : 1. New camera app from CM11S with cool UI and more features.
    2. Added wrapper to blob camera.
    3. Fixed Goggle camera freeze after 1st shot. (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/64070)
    4. Added perfectly working snapshot while video recording feature. (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/64071)

For OmniRom : New camera app from CM11S with cool UI and more features.

Downloads :

1. For CM, Slim Rom, AOKP, Carbonn Rom, Temasek Rom, Neat AOSP, C-Rom etc which are using blob camera : Click here for download

2. For Omni Rom users which is using Open Source camera HAL : Click here for download

V4.0 Update on 01/04/2014:

Completely reworked and new camera HAL by @dhiru1602 with help of @tdcfpp aka Javier Ferrer.
    Fixes / New features :
    1. Most causes of "Can't Connect Camera" error are resolved, For me, no more can't connect camera error whatever I do.
    2. Included Snapshot while video recording.
    3. Fixed : Video recording focus issues.
    4. Fixed : Sometimes shutter gets disabled, no matter how hard we bash it. :D
    5. Fixed : Sometimes Pictures comes blurry ever after correct focus.
    6. Most of front camera issues are fixed.
    7. More those I did not remember.
    Bugs :
    1. Stock Camera app does not refocus after 1st shot in Continuous Picture Mode, Use any 3rd party app I mentioned previously for Continuous Picture Mode.
    WorkAroud : Set focus to Auto in default camera settings.
    2. Snapshot while video recording only working nice till 480p size, in 720p and 1080p snapshots stops after few shots and camera becomes unstable.
    3. Face detection is broken.
    I have changed stock camera app to camera from AOSP Neat Rom 3.10, Thanks to @_Sale_ and @tarzan11

V3 / OmniRom Lib V2 :
    * Added latest patches by @dhiru1602
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57294/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57293/

* Added support for face detection without any crash.
    * Added Power and Volume button as shutter. Thanks to @rori~ Camera CM_11 Fix & Features v.3 by rori~

Bugs From cm11 camera App which are available in this mod for CM based roms :
    *Continuous Picture mode is taking only 1 pic with focus, other pictures comes without focus,so use bellow given app.
    *Face Detection is not working in stock camera app, you need to use supported app, some of them are listed below.
    1. Nexus 5 Galley and Camera by RagzDog
    2. Lenovo Super Camera
    3. Camera Awesome

OmniRom users, Enjoy lib, your camera will work without any crash.

V2.3 / OmniRom lib V1.1 :
    * added latest lib with following commits merged [Thanks to @Moster2 for lib] :
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54818/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54817/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54690/ [patch 2]

V2.2 :
    * Changed camera and gallery app to cm10.2 latest, same features with nice UI.

V2.1 :
    * Added latest lib with minor fixes by DhiruCVR
    * Now all functions working properly.

V2 :
    * Support for Android 4.4 roms.
    * Using latest lib provided by DhiruCVR.

Pros:
    1. Storage to external SD. (Tested on Temasek's cm11 builds)
    2. Timely synchronized flash when auto focus is on.
    3. All camera features those were available on cm10.2 nightlies.

Cons/Bugs :
    1. Video recording previews are stretched, but recording comes normal.
    2. Gallery can't delete images captured from camera from external sd card, internal sdcard working good.

Screenshots : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46994259&postcount=5

For "Can't connect camera" error please use following app (Credit to Temasek) :
    Restart Camera by temasek APK from attachments

Credits :
    Dhiru1602(For perfectly working lib),Temasek(for camera app).

Downloads :

1. For CM, Slim Rom, AOKP, Carbonn Rom, Temasek Rom, Neat AOSP, C-Rom etc which are using blob camera : Click here for download

2. For Omni Rom users which is using Open Source camera HAL : Click here for download
    V5 Update on 17/05/2014 :

For CM Mod : 1. New camera app from CM11S with cool UI and more features.
    2. Added wrapper to blob camera.
    3. Fixed Goggle camera freeze after 1st shot. (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/64070)
    4. Added perfectly working snapshot while video recording feature. (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/64071)

For OmniRom : New camera app from CM11S with cool UI and more features.

Downloads :

Update is coming soon..
    probably most bugs fixed..
    both omni and cm..
    V4.0 Update on 01/04/2014:

Completely reworked and new camera HAL by @dhiru1602 with help of @tdcfpp aka Javier Ferrer.
    Fixes / New features :
    1. Most causes of "Can't Connect Camera" error are resolved, For me, no more can't connect camera error whatever I do.
    2. Included Snapshot while video recording.
    3. Fixed : Video recording focus issues.
    4. Fixed : Sometimes shutter gets disabled, no matter how hard we bash it. :D
    5. Fixed : Sometimes Pictures comes blurry ever after correct focus.
    6. Most of front camera issues are fixed.
    7. More those I did not remember.
    Bugs :
    1. Stock Camera app does not refocus after 1st shot in Continuous Picture Mode, Use any 3rd party app I mentioned previously for Continuous Picture Mode.
    WorkAroud : Set focus to Auto in default camera settings.
    2. Snapshot while video recording only working nice till 480p size, in 720p and 1080p snapshots stops after few shots and camera becomes unstable.
    3. Face detection is broken.
    I have changed stock camera app to camera from AOSP Neat Rom 3.10, Thanks to @_Sale_ and @tarzan11
    Screenshots :

Screenshot_2013-11-26-23-34-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-26-23-34-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-26-23-34-14.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-26-23-34-35.jpg