5,596,354 Members 38,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] AnyTAG NFC Launcher

Tip us?

wedjohn57
Old
(Last edited by wedjohn57; 12th November 2012 at 04:08 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Info 2 [APP] AnyTAG NFC Launcher

What is AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
AnyTAG NFC Launcher is a task launcher app which lets you start tasks by scanning NFC tags.

What can AnyTAG NFC Launcher do?
✔ Bluetooth (on/off/toggle)
✔ Bluetooth discoverable (on)
✔ WiFi (on/off/toggle)
✔ WiFi Hotspot (on/off/toggle)
✔ Connect to specific WiFi SSID
✔ Mobile data (on/off/toggle)
✔ Airplane mode (on)
✔ GPS (on/off/toggle)
✔ Capture photo (front/back camera)
✔ Screenshot - root only (Beta)
✔ Launch an app
✔ Launch an activity
✔ Make a call or USSD
✔ Send an SMS
✔ Open a web page
✔ Navigation
✔ Launch tasker
✔ Silent mode (off/vibrate/mute)
✔ Set volume (ringer/notification/media/alarm)
✔ Auto rotate screen (on/off/toggle)
✔ Auto brightness (on/off/toggle)
✔ set screen brightness
✔ Stay Awake While Charging (on/off/toggle)
✔ Auto sync (on/off/toggle)
✔ Car mode (on/off/toggle)
✔ Display Timeout
And many more feature will add in future updates.

Why AnyTAG NFC Launcher is unique?
"AnyTAG" means you can use any NFC tags. Yes you hear it right, any NFC tags, no matter it is locked or not re-writable.

How AnyTAG NFC Launcher works?
Every NFC tags come with a unique tag ID.
Instead of writing task/action into the NFC tags like what other does.
AnyTAG NFC Launcher let user stored list of tasks and tied it with the NFC tag ID. So when user scanned NFC tag, AnyTAG will recognize the tag ID and perform configured tasks accordingly.
No modification of NFC tags stored data at all.

Why we created AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
We created this simply because we want you save money not to buy expensive NFC tags.
We actually surrounding with a lot of NFC tags,
For example in Malaysia:
✔ Nationality ID (MyKAD)
✔ Payment Card (Touch&Go)
✔ Transit Token (RapidKL)
✔ Parking Token
✔ Members Card
✔ PayPass Credit Card
✔ Visa Wave Credit Card

Benefit of AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
✔ Make your life easier
✔ Save money
✔ Existing NFC tags re-useable
✔ No tag memory size limit
✔ Environment friendly

Download link:
Google Play Store

♥ Want to have AnyTAG in your own language? Unfortunately, I can't speak every languages. Please contact me if you willing to help.

Brilliant ideas & bug report are welcome!!!

XDA Review Video
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to wedjohn57 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wedjohn57
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
AnyTAG NFC Launcher DEMO

da_jojo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default ov-chipkaart netherlands

i installed this program on my new sIII 32gb and works fine with latest stockrom build IMM76D

nice addition to this is one can use the ov-chipkaart here in netherlands
with this program one can add m.9292.nl to the ov-chipkaart so it would go straight to the website on touch of the chipkaart to the back of the phone note: cannot write the chipcard without the proper security key B(this can read and write and is found in the blue boxes) (A is only for reading.. this yellow boxes in the busses) . so dont worry about ruinin the chipcard, it just reads the serialnr and data of the card which is then be used for recognition of the card. it does not write or alter anything on the chipcard itself, however with right key and writer prog it would work
just briljant..
If something sucks , it better be your girl

-HTC Touch Pro > SPL: 1.9 koekie GSM: CRC_52.58.25.30H_1.11.25.01.nb OS: 5.2.28005 WM6.5 energy custom running android 2.2 with ps3 hackmod
-Dell Streak 2.3.7 >custom korean rom
-Samsung SIII 32gb Int. unbranded unlocked, rooted , CWM philZ ,Anbech bootanim enabler, oldbiosbootlogo
-PC: More then MyCom have in their store.. using W8 x64
-Koekies: Lu, time-out, robuuste koekjes
Donations: PLEASE give these to the WWF

wedjohn57
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jojo View Post
i installed this program on my new sIII 32gb and works fine with latest stockrom build IMM76D

nice addition to this is one can use the ov-chipkaart here in netherlands
with this program one can add m.9292.nl to the ov-chipkaart so it would go straight to the website on touch of the chipkaart to the back of the phone note: cannot write the chipcard without the proper security key B(this can read and write and is found in the blue boxes) (A is only for reading.. this yellow boxes in the busses) . so dont worry about ruinin the chipcard, it just reads the serialnr and data of the card which is then be used for recognition of the card. it does not write or alter anything on the chipcard itself, however with right key and writer prog it would work
just briljant..
Thanks for trying out and review

jimbobtexas
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
So how does the launcher work after you've created tasks for the tag? In other words, AnyTAG isn't the default app associated with NFC, so it doesn't automatically start up when scanning a tag from the home screen. When I scan a tag set up in AnyTAG, I'm prompted to go to Google Play, because the tag doesn't have anything written to it.

How to I make AnyTAG the associated app for "blank" tags?

jjohns63
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I'd like to use this app with the Samsung TecTiles (http://goo.gl/5ECmQ) but am having an issue. The tags launch the Play Store if you don't have the Samsung app installed. So, I can set up the task in AnyNFC using one of the tags, but when I try to use the tag, it just launches the Play Store instead of performing the AnyNFC task. Of course, if I install the Samsung app, it just tries to execute the task programmed by Samsung, not AnyNFC. Any ideas on how I could get AnyNFC to take priority?
I can send a logcat if it would help debug or find a workaround.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA): Eclipse Jellybean -- Verizon Wireless
Samsung Vibrant

kari kimber
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is app can support screen locked phone (sleep)?

lupoalberto12
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Uh, I'm using "NFC Task Launcher": let's try it .
Bye!
! !

jjohns63
Old
(Last edited by jjohns63; 27th September 2012 at 01:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
After doing some more investigation, I see how the Samsung app is working. Basically there is a preprogrammed NDEF record that is somehow associated to the Play Store, and a package name. Great, that launches the market, but how does the Samsung app process the tag after programming, before the Play Store is launched?
These two lines pretty much give it away:
Code:
I/NfcDispatcher(  673): matched AAR to NDEF
I/ActivityManager(  362): START {act=android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED dat=tectile://www.samsung.com/us/microsite/tectile/error?action=settings&bluetooth=on&description=null pkg=com.samsung.tectile cmp=com.samsung.tectile/.TagReaderActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 673
It seems that the programmed NdefRecord has a payload with some data (the "tectile://" part). Unprogrammed TecTiles have a single payload with a samsung.com web address that redirects to the Play Store.

Now, according to the Android developer docs, the intent ACTION_NDEF_DISCOVERED is launched before any others, and if something handles the intent, then no further intents are attempted. This is where I get stuck. How to get the AnyTAG app to respond to http:// intents or other intents already found on a tag?
Hopefully this helps and something can be done. I'd really like to use this app, or another as the Samsung app is not very comprehensive and limited to one "category" of actions per tag.

EDIT:
One thing I quickly tried was decompiling the APK and adding
Code:
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <data android:scheme="tectile" android:host="www.samsung.com" android:path="/us/microsite/tectile/error" />
            </intent-filter>
to AndroidManifest.xml, in order to match the Samsung app, but it had no effect. Not sure why.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA): Eclipse Jellybean -- Verizon Wireless
Samsung Vibrant

wedjohn57
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobtexas View Post
So how does the launcher work after you've created tasks for the tag? In other words, AnyTAG isn't the default app associated with NFC, so it doesn't automatically start up when scanning a tag from the home screen. When I scan a tag set up in AnyTAG, I'm prompted to go to Google Play, because the tag doesn't have anything written to it.

How to I make AnyTAG the associated app for "blank" tags?
May I know what Tag are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari kimber View Post
Is app can support screen locked phone (sleep)?
Not for official rom. some custom rom do allow that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohns63 View Post
After doing some more investigation, I see how the Samsung app is working. Basically there is a preprogrammed NDEF record that is somehow associated to the Play Store, and a package name. Great, that launches the market, but how does the Samsung app process the tag after programming, before the Play Store is launched?
These two lines pretty much give it away:
Code:
I/NfcDispatcher(  673): matched AAR to NDEF
I/ActivityManager(  362): START {act=android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED dat=tectile://www.samsung.com/us/microsite/tectile/error?action=settings&bluetooth=on&description=null pkg=com.samsung.tectile cmp=com.samsung.tectile/.TagReaderActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 673
It seems that the programmed NdefRecord has a payload with some data (the "tectile://" part). Unprogrammed TecTiles have a single payload with a samsung.com web address that redirects to the Play Store.

Now, according to the Android developer docs, the intent ACTION_NDEF_DISCOVERED is launched before any others, and if something handles the intent, then no further intents are attempted. This is where I get stuck. How to get the AnyTAG app to respond to http:// intents or other intents already found on a tag?
Hopefully this helps and something can be done. I'd really like to use this app, or another as the Samsung app is not very comprehensive and limited to one "category" of actions per tag.

EDIT:
One thing I quickly tried was decompiling the APK and adding
Code:
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <data android:scheme="tectile" android:host="www.samsung.com" android:path="/us/microsite/tectile/error" />
            </intent-filter>
to AndroidManifest.xml, in order to match the Samsung app, but it had no effect. Not sure why.
i do not have tagtile tag, if you don't mind i can compile a version for you with the tagtile intent filter. I suspect the same.