5,593,401 Members 36,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][Tasker]EasyUMS

Tip us?

mad_ady
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Hmm, if you just see the folders (of your external sd, right?) it sounds like you're using PTP mode and you're just able to access pictures. You'll need to check this, and if it's true, you'll need to see why ums mode isn't enabled

mad_ady
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Update: I've uploaded a new version of these tasks that work on Android 4.4.2 (Slimkat based). The mount point changed a bit. The task should be compatible with older releases as well.

A more important change is the addition of a "dangerous_mode" switch (off by default) which tries to lazy unmount the SD card so that it can be unmounted multiple times without reboot. The problem with this is that it actually leaves the SD card mounted on the phone while you use it on the PC. The idea is that this "trick" works in real life (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49408&page=236), but it seems it fails for my tasks (the second time you try it), so it's still an experimental feature at this point. I would like your feedback if you are brave enough to try it (I tried it and had no corruption so far, but that's no guarantee).

mad_ady
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Updated to version 0.5. Now you can mount your SD card multiple times without rebooting the phone in %dangerous_mode. A new requirement is SuperSu v1.93 which adds the slave mount namespace fix for android 4.2+.

For now I will be using it in dangerous mode (with lazy unmounts). So far I've had no issues with it for light usage. I will report back if I manage to corrupt something.

Feedback is welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to mad_ady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shouk_1987
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Not working

@mad-ady
Its not working for me, i am using latest Neatrom Aosp v4.2 with stock kernel repacked
Don't know the Supersu version it is included but i guess it is the latest

Error is UMSSwitcher Error 11 : Error unm..
su: unrecognized option '--mount-master--' Usage:su {..

I don't know how to see the full error notification text
Also see the attached with i found somewhere here in xda
but unfortunately, it works and mounts the SD successfully but when unmounting it doesn't get back the SD to be readabel and a reboot is a must
can this be corrected as i actually don't need tasker to run in Background just for this task
Attached Files
File Type: zip USB_Mass_Storage_Enabler_S3_KK.zip - [Click for QR Code] (234.9 KB, 2 views)

mad_ady
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by shouk_1987 View Post
Don't know the Supersu version it is included but i guess it is the latest

Error is UMSSwitcher Error 11 : Error unm..
su: unrecognized option '--mount-master--' Usage:su {..
It's not the latest su binary. Versions previous to 1.93 do not support the --mount-master switch and will complain as shown. Install SuperSu from the app store and you can update the su binary from within. Also, you can notify @sale to update the su binary in the next releases.
Tags
mtp, sdcard, sgs 3, tasker, ums