5,600,841 Members 41,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][v0.40][Jan-18] StweaksProfiles - Backup/restore your stweaks settings

Tip us?
 
droidphile
Old
#91  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6827
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucet View Post
Can we use sample profiles on N2 ?
Perseus on N2 right. No.
Wish if someone did the honour of creating sample profiles for perseus - S3 and Note 2, also for Siyah - S2 and Xperia T. Not getting free time these days and gotta do some more work on the app before pushing to playstore. Widget support and kernel version wise filter for ex.

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - WanamLite on Perseus

LG G2 D802 - CyanogenMod on Stock CM Kernel

Governors, i/o schedulers... | More on kernels, pegasusq..

Faqs on i9300 kernels - Siyah and others | What's STweaks? | Dual-boot FAQs

[App]StweaksProfiles -
Save/Restore custom Stweaks settings
The Following User Says Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
neil522
Old
#92  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Smile GamersTweaks

can you please make a profile for gamers tweaks?thanks
 
DirkStorck
Old
#93  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 1,701
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mainz
Hi. Would it be possible to change the profile backup location... I wiped my phone and all my profile where gone...if I could change the backup location to external sdcard that would be great!
 
droidphile
Old
#94  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6827
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil522 View Post
can you please make a profile for gamers tweaks?thanks
Just tune up gpu frequencies and thresholds on extreme performance profile and you got gamer profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck View Post
Hi. Would it be possible to change the profile backup location... I wiped my phone and all my profile where gone...if I could change the backup location to external sdcard that would be great!
Intention is not to introduce any permissions on the app. Making the storage location external sd would void that. Moreover there's a chance that profiles from different kernels get mixed up and cause undesirable effects if restored incorrectly

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - WanamLite on Perseus

LG G2 D802 - CyanogenMod on Stock CM Kernel

Governors, i/o schedulers... | More on kernels, pegasusq..

Faqs on i9300 kernels - Siyah and others | What's STweaks? | Dual-boot FAQs

[App]StweaksProfiles -
Save/Restore custom Stweaks settings
The Following User Says Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
robertogl
Old
#95  
robertogl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 498
Join Date: Sep 2007
i'm trying to backup, but when i press 'backup' it says me 'unable to save profile. Check the backup name', i've tried with number, letters, both...
Galaxy s2 on cm 10, siyah 5.0.1, stweaksprofiles v 0.4!
 
droidphile
Old
#96  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6827
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertogl View Post
i'm trying to backup, but when i press 'backup' it says me 'unable to save profile. Check the backup name', i've tried with number, letters, both...
Galaxy s2 on cm 10, siyah 5.0.1, stweaksprofiles v 0.4!
Hm that's weird. That message should appear only if there are issues with permissions creating backup file.

execute this on a terminal
chmod 777 /data/.siyah

To be sure, "forget" this app using superuser or supersu app, and re-grant su permissions again.

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - WanamLite on Perseus

LG G2 D802 - CyanogenMod on Stock CM Kernel

Governors, i/o schedulers... | More on kernels, pegasusq..

Faqs on i9300 kernels - Siyah and others | What's STweaks? | Dual-boot FAQs

[App]StweaksProfiles -
Save/Restore custom Stweaks settings
 
robertogl
Old
#97  
robertogl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 498
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile View Post
Hm that's weird. That message should appear only if there are issues with permissions creating backup file.

execute this on a terminal
chmod 777 /data/.siyah

To be sure, "forget" this app using superuser or supersu app, and re-grant su permissions again.
i've done the command on terminal, then i've remove the app from superuser app, but when i've started stweaksprofiles it didn't ask me for the permissions and give me the same error...
 
droidphile
Old
#98  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6827
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertogl View Post
i've done the command on terminal, then i've remove the app from superuser app, but when i've started stweaksprofiles it didn't ask me for the permissions and give me the same error...
That did like superuser issue. Completely uninstall your su app and do a clean installation

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - WanamLite on Perseus

LG G2 D802 - CyanogenMod on Stock CM Kernel

Governors, i/o schedulers... | More on kernels, pegasusq..

Faqs on i9300 kernels - Siyah and others | What's STweaks? | Dual-boot FAQs

[App]StweaksProfiles -
Save/Restore custom Stweaks settings
 
DirkStorck
Old
#99  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 1,701
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mainz
Hi. I don't know if Siyah has that function to but with Perseus you are able to write "override.profile" where you can put some parts of an profile that will be merged into you current profile at first boot. The config entries don't have to be in a certain order.
Would it be possible that you add this feature to your app? Lets say you have such a file on your sdcard and select "merged" those values will be applied to your profile at runtime.

Thanks!
 
droidphile
Old
#100  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6827
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck View Post
Hi. I don't know if Siyah has that function to but with Perseus you are able to write "override.profile" where you can put some parts of an profile that will be merged into you current profile at first boot. The config entries don't have to be in a certain order.
Would it be possible that you add this feature to your app? Lets say you have such a file on your sdcard and select "merged" those values will be applied to your profile at runtime.

Thanks!
That sounds interesting. I don't think siyah has that feature. Problem is that this app should support all the kernels implementing uci.sh in similar fashion. If I am to add merge feature, either it should be active only for Perseus or Siyah should also incorporate the feature. Let me talk to Andrei to get the details.

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - WanamLite on Perseus

LG G2 D802 - CyanogenMod on Stock CM Kernel

Governors, i/o schedulers... | More on kernels, pegasusq..

Faqs on i9300 kernels - Siyah and others | What's STweaks? | Dual-boot FAQs

[App]StweaksProfiles -
Save/Restore custom Stweaks settings

The Following User Says Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes