Post Reply

[APP][v0.40][Jan-18] StweaksProfiles - Backup/restore your stweaks settings

OP droidphile

7th December 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #11  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Firenze ( Florence )
Thanks Meter: 676
 
3,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
i will suggest to be careful to cross-flash profiles of vers <1.8 and > cause the audio and uv changes..
don't know however..
8th December 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofral

can you please just tell us where is the folder of the profiles. i have downloaded some profiles that were on the siyah kernel thread. are these applicable and if yes, which folder to put them

i almost forgot, thank you for this awesome tool :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

/data/.siyah/.....
The Following User Says Thank You to tombulli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #13  
chrismast's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 434
 
1,913 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Very nice, some example profiles would be nice in deed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to chrismast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #14  
bala_gamer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6,561
 
11,359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast

Very nice, some example profiles would be nice in deed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Say for example of you need a overclocked gpu for gaming, first reset stweaks then change the gpu clock speeds you want, apply it and later save it as "gaming profile" via this app. Now reset stweaks to default, whenever you need overclocked gpu for gaming, just load this gaming profile

《posted from samsung rom》
9th December 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #15  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
2,097 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Hi. Found a litle problem...if you have been using both kernels Siyah and Perseus and both have created their /data/.siyah or /data/.perseus folder and you are using for example Perseus and you start your app nothing is showen....even the backup I have created isn't showen. When I delete the /data/.siyah folder and start the app everything is fine.
9th December 2012, 11:01 AM   |  #16  
droidphile's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6,958
 
1,064 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Hi. Found a litle problem...if you have been using both kernels Siyah and Perseus and both have created their /data/.siyah or /data/.perseus folder and you are using for example Perseus and you start your app nothing is showen....even the backup I have created isn't showen. When I delete the /data/.siyah folder and start the app everything is fine.

You mean the restore list is empty right. It's not a bug. Did it to prevent restoring profiles backed up from another kernel. (Different kernels will have diff tunables for stweaks in customconfigg.xml). Otherwise the conflict could even cause a reboot.

But I did not understand "when you delete /data/.siyah then everything works". You mean on perseus kernel, app does not list backups made from perseus kernel if /data/.siyah exists?
The Following User Says Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #17  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
2,097 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
That right. I am using Perseus kernel and created the backup running this kernel. Before the list was empty and after I have deleted that folder my backup - created in the perseus folder - was showen.
9th December 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #18  
droidphile's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6,958
 
1,064 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

That right. I am using Perseus kernel and created the backup running this kernel. Before the list was empty and after I have deleted that folder my backup - created in the perseus folder - was showen.

That's strange, because I refer to customconfig-helper global variable PROFILE_PATH which holds path to Stweaks directory of current kernel - data/xyz. Presence of stweaks doir from another kernel shouldn't be a problem.

@All

In the next release, app will be written in Java - the conventional style. Tasker generates heavy apps size wise, app loading is a little slow and debugging problems in tasker is a pain in the ass.
We will have tabs for backup/restore/sync. (Sync is to sync stweaks settings from current rom to other rom in one-click if you're dual booting). Will also post 4 sample profiles which can be availed in the app as ready-made profiles.

Those interested can keep a watch on this thread, expect the next release any day.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #19  
LentoViolentoMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Thank you for your work. This makes flashing roms a lot easier in extent.

Love it
The Following User Says Thank You to LentoViolentoMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #20  
chrismast's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 434
 
1,913 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer

Say for example of you need a overclocked gpu for gaming, first reset stweaks then change the gpu clock speeds you want, apply it and later save it as "gaming profile" via this app. Now reset stweaks to default, whenever you need overclocked gpu for gaming, just load this gaming profile

《posted from samsung rom》

yes exactly, only that droidphile has much much more experience in tweaking the stweaks settings than most of us I assume, hence those profiles would be helpful for a lot of people I guess (only if he has spare time though , the app itself is already awesome).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S III Themes and Apps by ThreadRank