[APP][v0.40][Jan-18] StweaksProfiles - Backup/restore your stweaks settings

OP droidphile

10th December 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 20

41 posts
More
hi, first, tank you for this great app.
i have same problem as described above.
window with profiles to restore is empty although i created few profiles. i'm using only syah 1.8.4 kernel
do u know what is causing this? thanks in advance
10th December 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6,976

1,065 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toreador2008

hi, first, tank you for this great app.
i have same problem as described above.
window with profiles to restore is empty although i created few profiles. i'm using only syah 1.8.4 kernel
do u know what is causing this? thanks in advance

For now, goto running apps and force stop the app. Delete /data/.perseus directory if it exists. Open the app and hit refresh button at the bottom.

Since I have already started to write the app in Java, I can't debug this version for now. Hard time getting free time
10th December 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #23  

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile

You mean the restore list is empty right. It's not a bug. Did it to prevent restoring profiles backed up from another kernel. (Different kernels will have diff tunables for stweaks in customconfigg.xml). Otherwise the conflict could even cause a reboot.

But I did not understand "when you delete /data/.siyah then everything works". You mean on perseus kernel, app does not list backups made from perseus kernel if /data/.siyah exists?

Quote:

For now, goto running apps and force stop the app. Delete /data/.perseus directory if it exists. Open the app and hit refresh button at the bottom.

Since I have already started to write the app in Java, I can't debug this version for now. Hard time getting free time

thank you for reply. i tried this but without success.
when u said /data/.perseus, do u mean data folder on internal sd card or? if not, how can i see other folders that are not on internal sd card?
thanks

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote:

thank you for reply. i tried this but without success.
when u said /data/.perseus, do u mean data folder on internal sd card or? if not, how can i see other folders that are not on internal sd card?
thanks

u can ignore my question regarding data folder. i found in settings of es file explorer to see root folders as well. unfortunately, i dont have /data.perseus folder. i tried with force close but nothing. i also tried to wipe data and tried from beggining but nothing
10th December 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #24  
Flag Bangalore

1,065 posts
Quote:

u can ignore my question regarding data folder. i found in settings of es file explorer to see root folders as well. unfortunately, i dont have /data.perseus folder. i tried with force close but nothing. i also tried to wipe data and tried from beggining but nothing

Try uninstall and re-install app. Backup another profile, hit refresh button. I'm on 1.8.4 as well and got no issues.
10th December 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #25  

41 posts
More
Quote:

Try uninstall and re-install app. Backup another profile, hit refresh button. I'm on 1.8.4 as well and got no issues.

nothing
i really apricieate ur help. i dont know if this can be helpful for you. i discovered that all created profiles are stored in /data/.syah but when i open profiles file on /sdcard/StweaksProfiles/profilelist, file is empty. it seems that none of profile is written to this file or i misunderstood something?
10th December 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #26  
Flag Bangalore

1,065 posts
Quote:

nothing
i really apricieate ur help. i dont know if this can be helpful for you. i discovered that all created profiles are stored in /data/.syah but when i open profiles file on /sdcard/StweaksProfiles/profilelist, file is empty. it seems that none of profile is written to this file or i misunderstood something?

Try this - Uninstall app, delete "StweaksProfiles" directory in internal SD, re-install app. If this doesn't work as well, I'm out of answers. In alpha stage of an app, we can expect the unexpected.
10th December 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #27  

41 posts
More
Quote:

Try this - Uninstall app, delete "StweaksProfiles" directory in internal SD, re-install app. If this doesn't work as well, I'm out of answers. In alpha stage of an app, we can expect the unexpected.

no success
i understand this is alpha version and that we can expect everything, no worries
if i somehow find solution, i'll post it here. cheers
14th December 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #28  
Flag Bangalore

1,065 posts
For people having issues with listing saved profiles, could you please try the following and let me know if this works:-

In a terminal such as terminal emulator Or reboot to recovery, mount /data under mounts and storage, connect device to pc

adb shell
chown -R root:media_rw /data/media/StweaksProfiles
chmod -R 775 /data/media/StweaksProfiles

Reboot and see if it works
24th December 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #29  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 6

53 posts
More
How to run this app? I've installed it and when i run it says Loading... Please wait... and nothing happens.
25th December 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #30  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 23

92 posts
More
Same here.
Installed app. Booted to recovery. Flashed a profile. But still i can't see any profile in app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread