XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App]Tasker - Automate Your Phone

Tip us?

xcly
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMoose View Post
Can anyone help me with making a tasker profile that does these tasks? I have an NFC tag in my car. I want my phone to know when I'm in my car to:

* turn off WiFi
* keep mobile data turned on
* turn sync off until I step out of my car [is there a way to toggle with the NFC tag?]
* turn bluetooth on to connect to my car's bluetooth but turn it off once i'm out of my car [again, is this possible using an NFC tag?]
* pause my music to read an incoming message, ask if I want to reply, when I say yes to use my voice to respond to the message and play the music once that whole process is finished.
* If that's not possible I also wouldn't mind my phone sending an automated message saying i'm currently driving with my location and maybe even speed with the message "I'll message you back as soon as I can" [maybe have the gps turn on to use for this message and then turn off once the message is sent]

If someone can help me figure this out, I would extremely appreciate it. I've been trying for days now after reading websites over and over and I still can't get anything to work.
Download NFC ReTag. You can save NFC tags, which can be used to trigger Tasker tasks. Wifi is easy to set up, under Net. Mobile data cannot be toggled without root. You can use Secure Settings if you're rooted to toggle mobile data. Auto-sync can be set on/off under Net too. Having the bluetooth paired previously with the car should mean it connects automatically when bluetooth is turned on using the task. As for turning off, set up another profile, where you set a timeout for bluetooth not being connected for certain amount of time, then set the task to turn off bluetooth.

Pausing music can be done by setting up a profile with context for receive SMS, task setting a user variable to something. another profile to monitor the variable and stop music when a certain value is set. I'm not too sure whether that'd work on the music player you have though. exit task as pay music again.

As for reading SMSes, this link might help. http://tasker.wikidot.com/readsmswhileincardock
Just add a bit at the end clearing the variable to trigger music playback.

I'm unsure whether tasker supports voice input. There is an option for sending SMS automatically (without location) but I'm unsure how to get it to reply to the person who sent it. You may want to ask the developer directly.

Hope this clears at least some of the questions you had. I'm no expert on Tasker myself so take all this with a grain of salt

mayhemrules
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbching View Post
I can't get 2G/3G toggle works. Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
You cant get that to work on +4.0 if I recall.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
LMT is a pie launcher (at least I only use it for the pie) check it out here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330150

[DEV] LMT Launcher v1.5 for Evo3D/Sensation/HD2/GSII/GSN and more... (ROOT)
If you still need it. SecureSettings has an action for expanded desktop. You should check it out!

shadabt
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I have a habit to dismiss alarm in the morning. So I have a profile which detects when alarm rings then tasker rings the alarm every 5 min until I get up and switch on the lights.
Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 - CM10
Galaxy 3 - Kyrillos 10

Caporeira
Old
(Last edited by Caporeira; 16th February 2013 at 06:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,

I have a JZO54K.I9300XXELKC soft version and 4.1.2 Android.
When I want choose input action, Dpad or Button I have info "Sorry, that action is unavailable on this device"

Question is why, and how can I enable this options ?

hls811
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure if this is do-able, I just started messing around with Tasker (and Llama) to see if this works for either.. What I'd like to do is have a button/widget, when when I press it it'll clear all notifications from the Notification bar along the top as well as the pull down and then it'll disable any new notifications from coming in until I press it again to disable that profile.

xcly
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Default Re: [App]Tasker - Automate Your Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporeira View Post
Hi,

I have a JZO54K.I9300XXELKC soft version and 4.1.2 Android.
When I want choose input action, Dpad or Button I have info "Sorry, that action is unavailable on this device"

Question is why, and how can I enable this options ?

backup data, wipe data and reinstall app. It worked for me. You might not even have to uninstall. Just wipe data first and see if that works.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hls811 View Post
I'm not sure if this is do-able, I just started messing around with Tasker (and Llama) to see if this works for either.. What I'd like to do is have a button/widget, when when I press it it'll clear all notifications from the Notification bar along the top as well as the pull down and then it'll disable any new notifications from coming in until I press it again to disable that profile.
I'm not sure. I can't find an option dealing with notification panel. Maybe there might be a plugin?

dostname
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanx

Caporeira
Old
(Last edited by Caporeira; 17th February 2013 at 11:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcly View Post
backup data, wipe data and reinstall app. It worked for me. You might not even have to uninstall. Just wipe data first and see if that works.
I will try, but Kies have problem to backup my Apps and Messages.

Which version task do you have ?
And how can I backup my apps ?

xcly
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Default Re: [App]Tasker - Automate Your Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporeira View Post
I will try, but Kies have problem to backup my Apps and Messages.

Which version task do you have ?
And how can I backup my apps ?
Oh nono you don't need to reflash the whole rom. Just go to settings in tasker and it gives you an option to backup your current profiles. Then wipe app data from applications setting, uninstall tasker and reinstall. I'm using the latest version. I installed the beta version on top but went back to the latest on google play after I had that issue.

Caporeira
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok also, I going to apps, found Tasker, clean his data (all clean) and after this uninstall.
After that I was downloaded Tasker4.0b9 and instal on my phone.

The result, I still have Dpad, Button nad Type options in Red color and when I click to run this option - info "unavailable on this device"

What I'm doing wrong ?