| CyanogenMod Camera Bug | Solved | "Cannot connect to Camera?" Solved!

Search This thread

mc191

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks!! Using PA 3.99 with googy max and working perfectly, It fixed the issue in a few second.

yel@ch

Aug 26, 2010
Arlesheim
Thanks a lot! Camera on SGS3 with CM11 works! Would be great if this could be somehow combined: If camera is in hang mode, execute script and start cam otherwhise only start cam...

Justin Thought

May 5, 2013
Monterrey
It's funny how some of the same problems keep showing up time after time. I started experiencing the camera freeze on my favorite ROM, and so I dug this thread up and--viola!--it works like a charm! Thanks for sharing this!

gerguven

Dec 11, 2014
I have the camera problem on my S3 Cyanogen rom, installed the Restart Camera.apk, but it doesn't help, the camera still crashes.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Thanks a lot! Camera on SGS3 with CM11 works! Would be great if this could be somehow combined: If camera is in hang mode, execute script and start cam otherwhise only start cam...

Can you tell me how you managed to make it work? Mine still doesn't.

Razeer123

Aug 20, 2013
I have the camera problem on my S3 Cyanogen rom, installed the Restart Camera.apk, but it doesn't help, the camera still crashes.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Can you tell me how you managed to make it work? Mine still doesn't.

On CM11 I was using Camera (CMFix) for Cyanogenmod from Google Play and it was working perfectly (LINK - delete spaces, cause I don't have 10 posts yet: https:// play.google. com/store/apps/details?id=com.billgbennett.camerafix) Just follow the steps in app info:
1. Install this app.
2. Allow apps from unknown sources in your phones Settings>Security menu.
3. Download and install Restart Camera from IT WAS A LINK TO DOWNLOAD FILE FROM THIS TOPIC.
4. To use this app, just open it, but first time you use it, you will be asked for Superuser permissions. Select "allow every time" and "remember this choice forever".
5. Now, you can replace any camera shortcuts with a shortcut to this app on your homescreen if you want quicker access to your camera!
6. You'll also have the app "Restart Camera" in your menu, but it can be safely ignored, so long as you leave it installed.

//Topic

This app isn't working on CM12 by Temasek.

Last edited:
Reactions: goofwear

JOWJOW99

Jun 2, 2014
Amman
cm12/5.0.2 roms

Will this work on nameless 5.0.2 and other roms than CM12 by Temasek (running lollipop) ?

Last edited:

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
I noticed same thing, it doesn't work on 5.0.2 or 5.1

I don't know what the problem exactly is, however I found out that a shell command 'pkill -9 mediaserver' works just fine. I tried to simplify usage and set some home shortcut for a terminal command, but I failed. Therefore, I have a kind request if @temasek or anyone else could create an app which executes this one line. May be useful for others too ;)

whatsgood

Aug 19, 2012

I don't know what the problem exactly is, however I found out that a shell command 'pkill -9 mediaserver' works just fine. I tried to simplify usage and set some home shortcut for a terminal command, but I failed. Therefore, I have a kind request if @temasek or anyone else could create an app which executes this one line. May be useful for others too ;)

There is an app on play store called mediaserver killer. That does the same thing, and it works

badbob001

Mar 28, 2005
In doesn't see to work in CM 12.1. In 12.1, it uses a version of the Google Camera app instead, so would that make a difference?

measel

Jan 13, 2011

Using your command on i9505-CM12.1-optimized doesn't help. Cannot open camera afterwards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This App is no way belongs to me. Im just sharing it to the guys using AOKP/AOSP roms. Because i was watching so many people complainning about it.

It actually completely restarts your camera app in a second or so. without having to reboot your cell phone.

Simply Install it. Give it Root permissions. When ever "cannot connect to Camera error" appears. Click on this app in your app drawer. Then open camera app once again. it ll be fine then.

Restart_Camera.apk (Attached)
    Sharing = THANKS :highfive:
    Interesting! Will keep this app in mind. But exactly how does it work? What's the app doing?:fingers-crossed:

It just resets camera & all of its services libs etc which is also be done by the System when you reboot your cell phone. Its is exactly just like rebooting your camera completely just like you reboot your cell phone. As much as i can explain. Thats why it requires root permissions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting..

It doesn't work on all AOSP ROM's I discovered now. Worked on CM and PA but not on LiquidSmooth, AOKP.

I install the app and opened the app when the problem started but nothing happened. It doesn't request Superuser permissions. Very strange! :confused:

It should work. Im using it on sentinel rom without any issues. Works on temasek unofficial aswell. Are you using CM official camera or any modded one?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2