Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Fonts]45 individual Flip Fonts-Yes they work on the latest Samsung 4.3/4.4 firmware!

9th July 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 456

928 posts
Donate to Me
More
XDA Fonts for latest Samsung firmwares Android 4.3+

Background Info

✓ Fonts are true type flip fonts
✓ Compatible with Samsung Android 4.3+
✓ No need to convert or create your own anymore (most Flip Fonts when edited with apktool no longer work and Samsung forces you to uninstall the font regardless if it installed correctly or not).
✓ I will take requests for any special fonts you would like created for your device - Please contact me via PM and arrange (send link to download or if possible if you have a local copy readily available please upload it for me to save me time - thanks)
INSTALLATION
1.) Look at the preview and select the font of your choice
2.) Copy the selected fonts to anywhere on your SDcard
3.) Click install. At the first installation your device should prompt you to change the font type in settings. If you continue to install fonts after this it does not take you back to settings again, you will have to do this your self.

4.) To set the font you need to go into Settings > My device > Display > Font > Font Style > Choose your font. Note the more fonts you have installed the longer it takes to generate the list the first time so be patient if you go crazy and install ALL of these fonts lol.
5.) You *may* need to adjust the size of the font to suit your device; unfortunately there is no standard when it comes to sizing with fonts so consistency is out the window, I cannot change this, deal with it or swap to another font. On that note I cannot garantee that ANY of the fonts included in these uploads are even suitable for use on a mobile device, actually I can honestly say now that *some* of these are completely rediculous and probably shouldn't be used at all, but feel free to criticise... I don't really care all that much, if enough people think a font is sh!t then I will happily remove it.

Note: To uninstall any particular font you unfortunately can't do this from the font menu in settings like you would expect, you actually have to uninstall the fonts just like you would other apps or I should say widgets. Normally one would uninstall from their homescreen via the options but I have not created shortcuts for these fonts (I think its unnecessary and not only that but I really dislike apps junking up my homescreen), so in otherwords you need to go into Settings > More > Applications Manager > Downloaded Applications > Uninstall selected font.
DOWNLOADS

Apple Mac Garamond Reg.apk
Archer Hairline MT.apk
Arial.apk
Bank Gothic LT.apk
Blackadder.apk
Century Gothic.apk
Comic Sans.apk
Complex Regular.apk
Consolas.apk
Courier.apk
Crazy Clown Chiller.apk
Curlz MT.apk
Dakota Regular.apk
Dejavu Sans.apk
Elegance Script.apk
Felix Tiltling.apk
Garamond Premiere BT.apk
Goudy Old Style.apk
Graffiti Modern-Benson.apk
Graffiti Mural-Defartist.apk
Graffiti Mural-Degrassi.apk
Graffiti Tags Xtreme.apk
Graffiti-187 CallDaCops.apk
Graffiti-Eastside.apk
Graffiti-Westside.apk
Harlow 1960s Diner.apk
Inconsolata-Regular.apk
Lucida Typewriter Regular.apk
Lucidia Console Regular.apk
Matura Script Alibaba.apk
Monotype Corsiva.apk
Oregon Sans.apk
Papyrus Regular.apk
Parchant Kustoms.apk
Qarmic Sans.apk
Rugrats.apk
Segoe UI Windows 8.apk
Suave Edwardian Script.apk
Suave Script.apk
Tahoma.apk
Trebuchet MS.apk
Ubuntu Titling Bold.apk
Ubuntu.apk
Vodafone Lt.apk
Wild West Regular.apk

CHANGELOG Seriously - Is this even necessary?

Release 1.0
✓ Bunch of fonts as per the list above that SHOULD install without a hitch? Let me know if there are any surprises or issues
✓ I have not tested them ALL of them but I tested most, so I can't forsee there being any bugs so to speak but there maybe discrepencies over naming of fonts etc, I can almost garantee that actually because not all the names listed above are identicle to their "origins"; i.e. some were renamed to have titles more practical so that one knows what they are installing instead of getting a surprise. If you must have something renamed to its proper name cause you have chronic OCD please send me a PM and I will make a special one just for you :P seriously tho...I understand...I have a bit of OCD myself at times haha.

Release 2.0
✓ New roboto font - How stupid of me to actually forget the font that lead me to creating these in the first place haha
✓ Other versions of the Apple Mac fonts
✓ Possibly some themes like starwars or back to the future etc. I have to go digging through my archives somewhere to find these. No promises.
Personal Favorites & Suggestions
My personal favorite font would have to be Windows 8 SegoeUI font, followed closely by Papyrus Regular, then Consolas
Credits XDA Ture type Flip Fonts - By Jarmezrocks
So far its only myself, but if you request a font and provide the source for it and then choose to have it uploaded (included with the rest) for others forum members to download and use then I'm happy to add your name here to the credits.
Last edited by Jarmezrocks; 9th July 2014 at 11:14 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jarmezrocks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

104 posts
Tnx dude !!
9th July 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 456

928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitayy

Tnx dude !!

No problemo man. I am assuming that all went well and the font(s) you were after installed and are working correctly?
14th July 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

68 posts
nice but no android L or new roboto font?
15th July 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

277 posts
More
the felix tilting link is the wrong link

all the best

paul
16th July 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #6  
Flag chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
thnx mate for all fonts
7th September 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #7  

67 posts
Please make one with roboto and roboto condensed!
Thanks
8th September 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #8  

3 posts
mirror?
can u please provide a mirror....mega is down these days and this is a font treasure trove right here !!
10th September 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #9  

15 posts
Great Collection
Thanks for the post and fonts,

one question which one of them is the S5 thin font ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread