Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Homemade Bootanimations Collection + How To Install/make + Enable/Disable

Tip us?

pkoper
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 507
116MB is way too much.

Device History
HTC One M8
HTC One M7
Galaxy S3
HTC Leo
HTC Rhodium
HTC Blackstone
HTC Diamond
HTC Elf
HTC Wizard

anbech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3lover View Post
i have a bootanimation created ... but i want to flash it with cwm ??.. i ve used the omega fire bootanimation(cwm flashable file) , replaced the bootanimation in that with the bootanimation ive made and flashed it .. but it still didnt work ... help?? .. i dont understand the other way to do it.. the method using root explorer ??

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

and also my bootanimation is around 116 mb??.. is that ok???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkoper View Post
116MB is way too much.
in theory there isnt any restrictions with filesize and frames, but that is quite a lot mate..
how many frames do you have, and what are your fps set to?
normally it takes approximately 7 seconds where it shows the animation, and then the ui shows..
with a fps setting at 20, i usually make around 160-180frames.. and i havent made a single bootanimation that is over 20mb, with that setup..
perhaps you should reconsider whether or not youre frames are in use, as they doesnt even show on a normal bootup..
The Following User Says Thank You to anbech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,418
[QUOTE=anbech;38368310]in theory there isnt any restrictions with filesize and frames, but

Would not the restriction be the time between boot and OS on as a maximum ???

jje

anbech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 878
[QUOTE=JJEgan;38369765]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbech View Post
in theory there isnt any restrictions with filesize and frames, but

Would not the restriction be the time between boot and OS on as a maximum ???

jje
well, partly.. i would recommend that.. but when flashing a rom, it shows the bootanimation for a very long time, at the very first boot after flash..
and if youre using ICS, it will play the bootanimation fulltime, all frames to be showed, and then it shows ui..
but i usually does it like 7sec or so.. that fits very well, in my opinion..

galaxys3lover
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbech View Post
in theory there isnt any restrictions with filesize and frames, but that is quite a lot mate..
how many frames do you have, and what are your fps set to?
normally it takes approximately 7 seconds where it shows the animation, and then the ui shows..
with a fps setting at 20, i usually make around 160-180frames.. and i havent made a single bootanimation that is over 20mb, with that setup..
perhaps you should reconsider whether or not youre frames are in use, as they doesnt even show on a normal bootup..
yea i had made a mistake while making the bootnanimation .. it only came upto 4mb! .. i found out what i did wrong , corrected it now it works!! Thank you a Wonderful guide!

If i have Helped You , Hit Thanks!
If i have helped You with my work , Please Get me a Coffee !

The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys3lover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flash608
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
First of all not every kernel support bootanimations. Second 116MB is big number ... do you have so many frames in boot animation or did you add some extra files like sounds etc.?
My bootanim (part0 + part1) is about 150frames and it measures around 15MB with boot sound.
ACTUAL:
hardware: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 16GB black mist + 32GB mSD Adata UF1
software: Google Play Edition 07-17-2014 - Pure Nexus Edition 4.4.4 by Danvdh, Googy-Max3 1.1.1 [Kernel]
PAST:
hardware: Samsung Galaxy SII 16GB ROM + 16GB mSD Adata + Extended Battery Pack 2100mAh + two backup batteries + mHL + screenprotection + rubbershield
software: - Omega 19.2 4.1.2 JB + PhilZ kernel

jamesmuch
Old
Thanks Meter 2
OK I must be doing something wrong....

I did each of these steps, but when I restart my phone all I get is a black screen, the keys on the phone light up but it never boots completely. The only way I can get my phone back up is to re-flash the rom and start over again.

Help, please????

Fearless828
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy I can't flash this bootanimation

I like your bootanimation very much but i can't flash it to my phone. I use omega v44 and it isn't flashable anyway. I tryed all posts and tricks. Also i hear boot sound but on black screen. Can you help me pls? And your link was dead for your information...

Atomregen
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Default AW: Homemade Bootanimations Collection + How To Install/make + Enable/Disable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmuch View Post
OK I must be doing something wrong....

I did each of these steps, but when I restart my phone all I get is a black screen, the keys on the phone light up but it never boots completely. The only way I can get my phone back up is to re-flash the rom and start over again.

Help, please????
That sounds as if you've compressed the zip. You must create and save the data only and does not compress.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Atomregen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

masterex567
Old
Thanks Meter 1,790
I can't get this to work on MB3 leak. :/
Still see samsung logo. tried pushing to system/media and data/local.

The test zip is also not working.
I've already flashed the enable cwm custom boot anim.

What could be the problem?
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830: DroidACE
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
If you like my work, Press that thanks button!

Tags
custom boot animations i9300 help