5,594,077 Members 47,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO][4.2.2 WORKING] Definitely lock every apps in memory

Tip us?
 
NaabKing
Old
#61  
NaabKing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 596
Join Date: Dec 2010
So if i lock in TouchWiz Launcher, this means it will cost me some memory, but launcher wont redraw anymore, when you click "home" button when browsing or playing games?

PS: How much memory does locking TW Launcher costs?
 
rootSU
Old
#62  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7391
Posts: 17,907
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Default Re: [HOW TO] Definitely lock every apps in memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaabKing View Post
So if i lock in TouchWiz Launcher, this means it will cost me some memory, but launcher wont redraw anymore, when you click "home" button when browsing or playing games?

PS: How much memory does locking TW Launcher costs?
The same as if its not locked and you are using your phone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
NaabKing
Old
#63  
NaabKing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 596
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: [HOW TO] Definitely lock every apps in memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
The same as if its not locked and you are using your phone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm, i though TW Launcher redraws because of lack of memory and Android "terminates" it to get more free memory if you'r multitasking, that's not true? Why does it redraw then?
 
erto90
Old
#64  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 572
Posts: 2,806
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Firenze ( Florence )

 
DONATE TO ME
At 90% it redraws due to very bad coding..
Because also with 200mb ram free it redraws sometimes when pressing home button from an heavy app like chrome or a game.
Is that bad samsung ram managment!
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300



Siyah, Perseus and Boeffla/Yank555.lu SOUND thread
-----------------------------------------------------
Perseus Color Engine! The new display expert
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Lock Every Apps in Memory
 
NaabKing
Old
#65  
NaabKing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 596
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by erto90 View Post
At 90% it redraws due to very bad coding..
Because also with 200mb ram free it redraws sometimes when pressing home button from an heavy app like chrome or a game.
Is that bad samsung ram managment!
Thanks for the answer :P

I was already thinking to buy Nexus (was impressed when playing with Nexus 4) for the next phone and now i'm definetly gonna buy the phones from Google, cuz i think they are smoother and that Google writes the code better
 
cristy78
Old
#66  
cristy78's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jeddah
Hello,
is this working on Note II ?
 
erto90
Old
#67  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 572
Posts: 2,806
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Firenze ( Florence )

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy78 View Post
Hello,
is this working on Note II ?
I absolutely think yes
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300



Siyah, Perseus and Boeffla/Yank555.lu SOUND thread
-----------------------------------------------------
Perseus Color Engine! The new display expert
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Lock Every Apps in Memory
 
cristy78
Old
#68  
cristy78's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jeddah
Lovely then...because on SIII it really helps me with keeping the Phone and Contacts snappy and residents in memory...
Now I am thinking about Note SII and I think the issues from S3 regarding those apps delay will be present in Note II also....right?
 
erto90
Old
#69  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 572
Posts: 2,806
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Firenze ( Florence )

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy78 View Post
Lovely then...because on SIII it really helps me with keeping the Phone and Contacts snappy and residents in memory...
Now I am thinking about Note SII and I think the issues from S3 regarding those apps delay will be present in Note II also....right?
Note2 got 2gb ram but if the app is coded bad, it will always redraws also with 8gb ram xD
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300



Siyah, Perseus and Boeffla/Yank555.lu SOUND thread
-----------------------------------------------------
Perseus Color Engine! The new display expert
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Lock Every Apps in Memory
 
cristy78
Old
(Last edited by cristy78; 13th February 2013 at 03:10 PM.)
#70  
cristy78's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jeddah
Absolutely right, but this application helped a lot on my S3.
Anyway, thanks for this. Really worked for me....

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes