FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed]Stock: Long press toggle buttons that bring up relevant Settings page

421 posts
Thanks Meter: 285

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

For those still using the stock toggles, this is a very quick hack (I've never wrote anything in Java before and I'm not a very good programmer regardless) that lets you long-press most of the toggles in the status bar to bring up the appropriate Settings page. (Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi settings etc.)
This works for all the status menu toggles except for Notification (I wasn't sure what Settings page that could be mapped to) and Mobile data (the Data usage page only supports being invoked externally via a shortcut and I wasn't sure how I could fake that).

How to install:
1. Install Xposed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
2. Install the attached APK, enable the module in the Xposed Installer and reboot.

What if this sends my GS III into a boot loop?
1. Boot into recovery and mount /data.
2. Attach a USB cable and run "adb shell" on your computer
3. "cd /data/xposed"
4. rm modules.list modules.whitelist
5. touch modules.list modules.whitelist
6. cd / ; umount /data
7. reboot

P.S. This is called SlightlyExtendedToggles. I do plan to expand on this when time allows.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SlightlyExtendedToggles.apk - [Click for QR Code] (151.5 KB, 3753 views)
File Type: zip SlightlyExtendedToggles.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 625 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qwerty12 Ad-Free

13th July 2012, 10:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
I use stock toggles, cuz they are the only ones translated :P But i think it would be better if you would mod the systemui.apk or whatever apk that is in and upload that Just an idea tho
14th July 2012, 07:24 AM |#3  
Shiraz
Thanks Meter: 123

More
thanks for this mod.

you can many other mod added for stock roms .example :
+ set CRT Off effect
+ set 'Skip track with Volume'(just work when off screen)
+ set 'Turn on screen when unplugging'
+ set 'Longpress HOME key bahaviour'
+ set colors in statusbar (defult glass - background and clock)

i wait to see you with good things and prosperity for you
14th July 2012, 04:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag (*England).London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaabKing

I use stock toggles, cuz they are the only ones translated :P But i think it would be better if you would mod the systemui.apk or whatever apk that is in and upload that Just an idea tho

Maybe, if I can be bothered to edit the smali directly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrzad1363

thanks for this mod.

you can many other mod added for stock roms .example :
+ set CRT Off effect
+ set 'Skip track with Volume'(just work when off screen)
+ set 'Turn on screen when unplugging'
+ set 'Longpress HOME key bahaviour'
+ set colors in statusbar (defult glass - background and clock)

i wait to see you with good things and prosperity for you

Thanks.

Regarding CRT: The best place to look is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1715238

For the rest, Tweakbox will do what you want
4th January 2013, 12:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Could you compile this for the new framework 2.0, for android 4.0?
4th January 2013, 01:40 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag (*England).London

More
What?! Do I see before my very eyes, a user? Why not upgrade to 4.1, if I may ask? I can (when I wake up again in about 10 hours' time), but you'll have to uninstall and reinstall as I don't have the key that I signed it with originally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
4th January 2013, 10:24 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty12

What?! Do I see before my very eyes, a user? Why not upgrade to 4.1, if I may ask? I can (when I wake up again in about 10 hours' time), but you'll have to uninstall and reinstall as I don't have the key that I signed it with originally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have a I9100 so no official 4.1 is out and I wanted to try your mod.
4th January 2013, 02:07 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag (*England).London

More
Fair enough. You can try the attached file. I can't test this as I don't run ICS anymore. Bear in mind that I didn't manage to make all the toggles work with long pressing even when I was running 4.0, and you may get some more that isn't working because Samsung might be using a different SystemUI with different toggles. You're actually better off running another ROM if you can (if I had an S2, I'd've so been running Chameleon by now).
Attached Files
File Type: apk SlightlyExtendedToggles.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.8 KB, 390 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qwerty12 Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 08:02 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Thank you very much! It worked flawlessly!
If the stock JB is delayed more I'm going to install a custom rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiannist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jiannist Ad-Free
Bass_Man25
13th August 2013, 07:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just installed the SlightlyExtendedToggles apk 1.0 and got the following message in the framework modules screen:

"This module was created for Xposed version 2.0rc1, but due to incompatible changes in version 2.0, it has been disabled."

I'm running Stock 4.1.2 ROM with Xposed installer 2.1.4 with app_process 34 and XposedBridge.jar 2.1.4.
14th August 2013, 06:12 AM |#11  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 624

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Man25

I just installed the SlightlyExtendedToggles apk 1.0 and got the following message in the framework modules screen:

"This module was created for Xposed version 2.0rc1, but due to incompatible changes in version 2.0, it has been disabled."

I'm running Stock 4.1.2 ROM with Xposed installer 2.1.4 with app_process 34 and XposedBridge.jar 2.1.4.

===============
Try this one....it worked for me when I got the same error after trying OP version....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36267859

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)