Replace the water drop 'doink' sound with a click

Search This thread

quattro527

Aug 3, 2012
I don't what is it with Samsung and all these "nature" sounds... luckily for Android and the ability to root/mod/hack stuff. I used to hate Samsung phones back in the dumb-phone days...all the ring tones, wallpaper, and notifications were something nature-related (bird chirps, water drips, trees, waterfalls, etc). I have nothing against nature, but it doesn't belong on a phone personally. :rolleyes:

Thanks for this thread!

Joncat24

Nov 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks...finally i can change the annoying sound....but this sound litter bit like the keyboard sound?? But anyway thanks ~~:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

hankhandsome

Jul 7, 2010
keep trying to do this with root explorer and/or terminal emulator and it doesn't like it - keeps telling me it's a read-only file system even though the phone is properly rooted and i've granted root access to both programs

grrrr!

although might see if i can use the samsung toolkit to push the files directly to the folder itself ..

Mikulec

Oct 19, 2007
Sereď
keep trying to do this with root explorer and/or terminal emulator and it doesn't like it - keeps telling me it's a read-only file system even though the phone is properly rooted and i've granted root access to both programs

grrrr!

although might see if i can use the samsung toolkit to push the files directly to the folder itself ..

in root explorer u need to mount the folder as R/W (there is a button for that)

dcipher

Jan 2, 2013
Hmmm... I replaced the files and I can hear them fine when i click on them, but the annoying bubble sounds still persist for the phone keypad... my clicks on my phone have changed however...

any ideas?

Reactions: AndroidDan

maluminse

Mar 14, 2011
Chicago
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I swore I uploaded the files...

Ill have to do it later. Maybe I did to a similar thread.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Ok they have the suffix of txt change it to ogg.

Also there IS a possibility they are the same file. The prefixes are correct but the links below may be to the same file. If the prefix is correct the file is correct.

http://db.tt/z8DB1yJY

http://db.tt/ws3otOUO

Links are correct. Disregard the hash in the big box. Click download at the top right. It will download as a .txt file. Change to .ogg at some point before or even after installing to the right folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoyanov

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
so did anybody figyre out how to change the dialer noises doink doink:"" i hate it witha passionate hate . of course I removed it from ui_touch with a nexus4 aokp sound but the dialer I have taken the sec/phone.apk apart and looked in res/raw and no did find, lots of time spent trying so not happy with sammy they are stupid thinking water belongs on every touch I hate them not lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone else find the standard water drop noise really annoying? I certainly do.

To change the sounds you need to replace the files TW_Touch.ogg and S_HW_Touch.ogg with something more to your taste.
    Here are modified files that replace the 'doink' with simple click, as it was with the S2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzsiry4eo02fq3d/TW_Touch.ogg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxi8hgxv6w3ms6l/S_HW_Touch.ogg

Put them in system/media/audio/ui you need root and a root browser.
    Thank you, that sound was so annoying.
    I dont suppose you know where the sound for the dialler keypad is?That is still the annoying water drop.
    I just used these commands through ADB, it will also backup the current sound files to external SD Card:

Code:
    su
    cd /system/media/audio/ui/
    mv Lock.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundBackup/
    mv S_HW_Touch.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundBackup/
    mv TW_Touch.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundBackup/
    mv Unlock.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundBackup/
    cp KeypressStandard.ogg TW_Touch.ogg
    cp KeyPressStandard.ogg S_HW_Touch.ogg
    cp Cam_Stop.ogg Lock.ogg
    cp Cam_Stop.ogg Unlock.ogg
    cp KeypressStandard.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundNew/TW_Touch.ogg
    cp KeyPressStandard.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundNew/S_HW_Touch.ogg
    cp Cam_Stop.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundNew/Lock.ogg
    cp Cam_Stop.ogg /storage/extSdCard/UISoundNew/Unlock.ogg
    reboot

You might have to run mkdir /storage/extSdCard/UISoundBackup/ and mkdir /storage/extSdCard/UISoundNew/ first, I dunno.
    yes
    replace the original sound with the downloaded ones
    but backup the original ones just in case

Sent from my GT-I9300
    yes of course
    I forgot to mention about that

Sent from my GT-I9300