FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[REQ] Archiport stock camera for AOSP 4.4.2

26th May 2014, 04:15 AM |#1  
plumtacular's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Is it possible for someone to get the stock Samsung camera from Archiport 4.4.2 onto AOSP roms such as CM11. The stock camera is the only one that seems to allow video recording on Snapchat or Vine & I'd like to have it in CM11
 
 
26th May 2014, 04:36 AM |#2  
Guihardrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cyanogenmodland
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumtacular

Is it possible for someone to get the stock Samsung camera from Archiport 4.4.2 onto AOSP roms such as CM11. The stock camera is the only one that seems to allow video recording on Snapchat or Vine & I'd like to have it in CM11

Samsung have the blobs for the stock camera, aosp camera is a toy in comparison for this reason I will never return to aosp T_T. so if samsung don't give us his sources we never have the awesome view in aosp
PD:I love aosp but the camera...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Guihardrock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 05:30 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Actually the camera on Slimkat works pretty fine. I agree that its not that good as samsung stock one, but not that bad at all. I've heard also that in new CM11 for our phone the camera works well too. But as it was said - I wouldnt believe that it will be as good as stock, because I don't think samsung will give us the drivers.
@edit
I also saw some fix mod for camera, which replaces stock camera in AOSP rom and works even better
Last edited by IceFresh; 26th May 2014 at 05:42 PM.
26th May 2014, 05:44 PM |#4  
jojohnson250's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guihardrock

Samsung have the blobs for the stock camera, aosp camera is a toy in comparison for this reason I will never return to aosp T_T. so if samsung don't give us his sources we never have the awesome view in aosp
PD:I love aosp but the camera...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Google Camera is pretty damn good tbh

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
26th May 2014, 07:58 PM |#5  
plumtacular's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFresh

Actually the camera on Slimkat works pretty fine. I agree that its not that good as samsung stock one, but not that bad at all. I've heard also that in new CM11 for our phone the camera works well too. But as it was said - I wouldnt believe that it will be as good as stock, because I don't think samsung will give us the drivers.
@edit
I also saw some fix mod for camera, which replaces stock camera in AOSP rom and works even better

To be honest All i want is a camera that works with both Snapchat and vine for video recording. snaps only record 3 seconds instead of 10 and vine just wont record at all
3rd June 2014, 10:26 PM |#6  
Xami's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madinah
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes