Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Archiport stock camera for AOSP 4.4.2

Tip us?

plumtacular
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [REQ] Archiport stock camera for AOSP 4.4.2

Is it possible for someone to get the stock Samsung camera from Archiport 4.4.2 onto AOSP roms such as CM11. The stock camera is the only one that seems to allow video recording on Snapchat or Vine & I'd like to have it in CM11

Guihardrock
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumtacular View Post
Is it possible for someone to get the stock Samsung camera from Archiport 4.4.2 onto AOSP roms such as CM11. The stock camera is the only one that seems to allow video recording on Snapchat or Vine & I'd like to have it in CM11
Samsung have the blobs for the stock camera, aosp camera is a toy in comparison for this reason I will never return to aosp T_T. so if samsung don't give us his sources we never have the awesome view in aosp
PD:I love aosp but the camera...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to Guihardrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IceFresh
Old
(Last edited by IceFresh; 26th May 2014 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Actually the camera on Slimkat works pretty fine. I agree that its not that good as samsung stock one, but not that bad at all. I've heard also that in new CM11 for our phone the camera works well too. But as it was said - I wouldnt believe that it will be as good as stock, because I don't think samsung will give us the drivers.
@edit
I also saw some fix mod for camera, which replaces stock camera in AOSP rom and works even better

jojohnson250
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guihardrock View Post
Samsung have the blobs for the stock camera, aosp camera is a toy in comparison for this reason I will never return to aosp T_T. so if samsung don't give us his sources we never have the awesome view in aosp
PD:I love aosp but the camera...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Google Camera is pretty damn good tbh

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

plumtacular
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFresh View Post
Actually the camera on Slimkat works pretty fine. I agree that its not that good as samsung stock one, but not that bad at all. I've heard also that in new CM11 for our phone the camera works well too. But as it was said - I wouldnt believe that it will be as good as stock, because I don't think samsung will give us the drivers.
@edit
I also saw some fix mod for camera, which replaces stock camera in AOSP rom and works even better
To be honest All i want is a camera that works with both Snapchat and vine for video recording. snaps only record 3 seconds instead of 10 and vine just wont record at all

Xami
Old
Thanks Meter 120
+1