FORUMS

S3 Matrix Boot animation for STOCK ROM

107 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By droidzer1, Senior Member on 6th August 2014, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've searched and searched but could never find a Matirx code rain boot animation made for the Samsung Galaxy S3 for a STOCK ROM. Bootanimation.zip files don't work on a stock ROM for the S3 so I took some of the better ones I found in zip files and converted them to the .qmg files that the S3 wants. I've included the boot animation as well as the shutdown animation and the Matrix sounds for them also.

You do need to have ROOT to install these and ROOT Explorer is recommended to copy them into the right folders and change permissions. If you aren't rooted I highly recommend 'towelroot' and it doesn't get any easier than that app for rooting.

Download my zip file then:

- rename your existing files (the ones that have the same names as I have included in the Zip file) in the folders listed below to something else you will remember like bootsamsung.bak and do this for each file you will be replacing with ones I have included in the Zip file.
- I suggest a complete backup with TWRP in case anything goes wrong. If you don't have TWRP get it - best thing going and I also use an app called 'Quickboot' which lets you get into TWRP recovery without having to do the 3 finger grip on the buttons you normally need to do to get into recovery.
- copy bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg to your system/media folder with Root Explorer
- use Root explorer change permissions on them to rw-rr
- copy the *.ogg (sound) files to system/media/audio/ui folder
- copy shutdown.qmg to system/media/video/shutdown folder
- use Root explorer change permissions on them to rw-rr

Reboot and enjoy a reminder of one of the best movies ever made !

Attached Files
File Type: zip SamsungS3-matrix-boot-anim.zip - [Click for QR Code] (17.66 MB, 191 views)

6th August 2014, 03:27 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
I wish I could recall where all the parts for the above animations came from but I am not sure. Some probably came from xda forum so if any of these were from something you created I'll gladly give credit. I did have to resize exactly 100 pictures to make them the correct size for the Galaxy S3. However the shutdown animation came from somewhere else and did not need to be resized or rebuilt. I used Samsung's Theme Designer to convert the files to the needed qmg format for Galaxy's. There is about 3 pages of instructions on how to do that Here

The .ogg files were from my own collection of Matrix sound files and ringtones and used another program to convert them from MP3's to OGG files.
6th August 2014, 03:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
BTW if I am wrong about not being able to use bootanimation.zip files on a Galaxy S3 please let me know. I tried every way to Sunday to try using them but had no luck. I don't mind flashing a good ROM but I don't trust flashing a bootanimation file and I'm not even sure you can do that on a stock S3 ROM. If anyone has more info on that please post here. I've still got a lot to learn
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot animation, matrix, siii, stock rom
Previous Thread Next Thread