Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME][MOD][4.1.2][4.2.2][4.3][4.4.2] Customize Your Galaxy S3 [08/09]

Tip us?
 
Spannaa
Old
#81  
Spannaa's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 11,148
Posts: 3,101
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cardiff

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdismoz View Post
Tried Android L status bar and blue toggles neighter of them working
And you used the 4.4.2 versions?

Strange that nothing worked - they just replace pngs & the odd xml.
Any errors whilst flashing?
What does your recovery log say?
Read first...Then search...Then ask...

My Work, My Dev-Host, My goo.im, My Android File Host
 
 
abdismoz
Old
#82  
abdismoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 157
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ankara
No error at all. It didnt work and didn't corrupt anything
 
Spannaa
Old
#83  
Spannaa's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 11,148
Posts: 3,101
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cardiff

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdismoz View Post
Tried Android L status bar and blue toggles neighter of them working
Just had a quick look and I see why...

The 4.4.2 zips swap pngs inside the res/drawable-xxhdpi folder of SystemUI.apk but this should be the res/drawable-xhdpi folder!

Try opening one of the zips with 7-zip, renaming the drawable-xxhdpi folder in vrtheme\system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk\res\ to drawable-xhdpi and then flash it.

Make sure you have a nandroid first.
Read first...Then search...Then ask...

My Work, My Dev-Host, My goo.im, My Android File Host
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
abdismoz
Old
#84  
abdismoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 157
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ankara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa View Post
Just had a quick look and I see why...

The 4.4.2 zips swap pngs inside the res/drawable-xxhdpi folder of SystemUI.apk but this should be the res/drawable-xhdpi folder!

Try opening one of the zips with 7-zip, renaming the drawable-xxhdpi folder in vrtheme\system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk\res\ to drawable-xhdpi and then flash it.

Make sure you have a nandroid first.
that solved the problem thanks mate
 
Spannaa
Old
#85  
Spannaa's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 11,148
Posts: 3,101
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cardiff

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdismoz View Post
that solved the problem thanks mate
No problem

Of all the roms based on ported Samsung N7100 4.4.2 I think only Blekota uses drawable-xxhdpi pngs, the rest use drawable-xhdpi pngs.
Read first...Then search...Then ask...

My Work, My Dev-Host, My goo.im, My Android File Host
 
 
abdismoz
Old
#86  
abdismoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 157
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ankara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa View Post
No problem

Of all the roms based on ported Samsung N7100 4.4.2 I think only Blekota uses drawable-xxhdpi pngs, the rest use drawable-xhdpi pngs.
sorry man, I was so sure it would fix the problem so I write as soon as I flashed the zips without checking the result but it didn't. I am using linux and used gnome archive manager instead of 7zip could it be the case?
 
Spannaa
Old
#87  
Spannaa's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 11,148
Posts: 3,101
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cardiff

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdismoz View Post
sorry man, I was so sure it would fix the problem so I write as soon as I flashed the zips without checking the result but it didn't. I am using linux and used gnome archive manager instead of 7zip could it be the case?
Could be...

Sometimes renaming a folder inside a zip can cause errors.

If it does, you need to extract the folder first, rename it and then drop it back into the zip (deleting the original too of course).

As I'm not running qs, I can't test it for you though.
Read first...Then search...Then ask...

My Work, My Dev-Host, My goo.im, My Android File Host
 
 
abdismoz
Old
(Last edited by abdismoz; 13th September 2014 at 07:53 PM.)
#88  
abdismoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 157
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ankara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa View Post
Could be...

Sometimes renaming a folder inside a zip can cause errors.

If it does, you need to extract the folder first, rename it and then drop it back into the zip (deleting the original too of course).

As I'm not running qs, I can't test it for you though.
Still not working, thanks anyway.
If i send you qs systemui would it help?
 
TheWayOfTheAce
Old
#89  
TheWayOfTheAce's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 339
Posts: 349
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamburg
If you like, you can upload it, and we'll have a look on it.

Gesendet vom SM-P600 mit Tapatalk
Powered by Android
The Following User Says Thank You to TheWayOfTheAce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Spannaa
Old
#90  
Spannaa's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 11,148
Posts: 3,101
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cardiff

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdismoz View Post
Still not working, thanks anyway.
If i send you qs systemui would it help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWayOfTheAce View Post
If you like, you can upload it, and we'll have a look on it.

Gesendet vom SM-P600 mit Tapatalk
Powered by Android
I already have SystemUI.apk from QS-i9300_KK_v2.7.zip (NG3) and the pngs and the themes you chose should be OK on this if you re-named their drawable-xxhdpi folders to drawable-xhdpi

I've attached it for reference
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.90 MB, 2 views)
Read first...Then search...Then ask...

My Work, My Dev-Host, My goo.im, My Android File Host
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, galaxy s3, mod, samsung, theme
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes