5,606,650 Members 36,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SYSTEM][Themers] Themers please read! - VillainTheme Theme System

Tip us?

Lennyuk
Old
(Last edited by Lennyuk; 4th July 2012 at 03:36 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1220

DONATE TO ME
Service [SYSTEM][Themers] Themers please read! - VillainTheme Theme System

Attention themers, I would like to (re)draw your attentions to the VillainTheme system that launched earlier this year.

Full information can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1207017

Basically this is a theme system where you make your theme following the above guidelines and update.zip method and then your theme can theoretically be applied on any phone and on any rom.

This should save you a heck of a lot of time in making different versions for different things, and also means that your theme can be used by a far wider range of people.

Please give a lot of consideration to using this.

When it first launched it had quite an impact, but however since then it seems to have been somewhat forgotten, and new themers have missed it altogether.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

HTC One
How to flash a firmware.zip? Thanks Makbil
How to find your product type i.e. M7_U or M7_UL?
Why has my files moved from /data/media to /data/media/0/?
UID Error? - Delete the Quadrant directory from /data/data and/or check /data/system/uiderrors.txt

Mods
Camera v5.1.620655 for Modaco.SWITCH - https://copy.com/VD4qKYFHM6F0
Fix for Google+ Locations Grey Map Issue

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vertumus
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 12808

DONATE TO ME
I am using this for a long time now
My official web-site: Vertumus World
My work: Domination
Follow the updates: GOOGLE +TWITTER FACEBOOK

Check out my widgets and icons on Google Play!!!

If you like my work, please consider a DONATION
The Following User Says Thank You to Vertumus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1220

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertumus View Post
I am using this for a long time now
Yes I was aware you used it, may I suggest you change your thread name to [VRT] rather than just putting VRT in the general name?

This post was more to let other people know, as far as I can see you are the only person to use this system on their s3 themes.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

HTC One
How to flash a firmware.zip? Thanks Makbil
How to find your product type i.e. M7_U or M7_UL?
Why has my files moved from /data/media to /data/media/0/?
UID Error? - Delete the Quadrant directory from /data/data and/or check /data/system/uiderrors.txt

Mods
Camera v5.1.620655 for Modaco.SWITCH - https://copy.com/VD4qKYFHM6F0
Fix for Google+ Locations Grey Map Issue

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZeuBug
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
Yes I was aware you used it, may I suggest you change your thread name to [VRT] rather than just putting VRT in the general name?

This post was more to let other people know, as far as I can see you are the only person to use this system on their s3 themes.
I will be the second!
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeuBug For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7520
I first realised this existed when I came to the SGS3. This is something that had been missing from the HTC desire world. I don't think anyone there knows about this.

IMHO this is a game changer! Great stuff.

If/when I theme, I will definitely use this.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ratcom
Old
Thanks Meter 157
used it myself when I've "converted" other peoples themes to run on my phone Brilliant and simple system which I never understood why more themers havent used
(.(*. .*).)
..ratcom..
(.(.* *.).) Flashing Since 2004
The Following User Says Thank You to ratcom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bala_gamer
Old
(Last edited by bala_gamer; 8th July 2012 at 10:08 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6515

DONATE TO ME
morphed theme packages are really great and time saving, hoping for the themers to adapt it soon via this template
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

kalagas
Old
Thanks Meter 2248

DONATE TO ME
Excellent work guys...
I'm using your flasher for my Themes for 2-3 days now...
Thanks a lot...

Sent from my Note with Mixed Theme
My Themes for HTC DesireHD:
--Kalagas_Mixed_Theme for GingerBread Based ROMs

My Themes for HTC Sensation:
--Kalagas_Mixed_Theme

My Themes for Galaxy Note:
--Kalagas_Mixed_Theme

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 267
Thanks for your contribution .

myn
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3998

DONATE TO ME
The VillanTheme system is pretty neat. Always liked metamorph and this is similar but at the flashable level.

Does the VillanTheme system back up original assets? The reason I ask is if a user flashes a villantheme that applies changes to 10 image assets. The user then flashes another villantheme that only applies changes to 5 of the 10 images that were just changed. Is the user then faced with a mix of two themes as the second theme didn't touch the other assets from the first theme?

Thanks.