5,599,977 Members 44,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Updated][Per-App DPI Adjustment all roms] 14/02

Tip us?
Mr. Hoax Old
Thanks Meter
(Thanks for AMAZING rovo89)

1) open Xposed Installer, click install/Update and then reboot your phone.
2) now you can chose from module tab the option you want to activate or deactivate (Xposed app setting), for activate or deactivate any option you should reboot your phone.

•For per-app configuration, after activation the module Xposed app setting open Xposed app setting apk and chose the apk you want to change the DPI for or you want to use it in tablet mode, here is screenshots for some apps configurations:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FIVE86
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default AOSP?

Has anyone tested this with AOSP based roms such as CM10?

or does this only work with Samsung based roms?
Samsung Galaxy S III
Color: Marble White
ROM: RootBox AOKP Jelly Bean v2.7
Kernel: Franco Kernel r15

Pre-Ordered:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Color: Titanium Gray

If you found my post helpful, hit the "THANKS" button

fOmey
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3793
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE86 View Post
Has anyone tested this with AOSP based roms such as CM10?

or does this only work with Samsung based roms?
Hmm, the framework could possibly work.. the way the framework injects into the android system is quite different to letst say JKAY.. it dynamically replaces values rather then hard coding them.. I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Iv featured this in my previous rom update (null_ 16), great tool works surprisingly well ! Very happy with it indeed.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

ThilinaC
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 10843
Quote:
Originally Posted by longice View Post
Awesome! So it's also OK to change systemui? Not causing any FCs or any other issues?
yup and I had no fc's so far with systemui

JB-007
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi what's the best dpi setting ? Or is it enough to check tablet checkbix and leave dpi to field to 0?
I tried without success. Do i need to reboot each time i change something?
Cheers

longice
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-007 View Post
Hi what's the best dpi setting ? Or is it enough to check tablet checkbix and leave dpi to field to 0?
I tried without success. Do i need to reboot each time i change something?
Cheers
It's really a matter of personal preference, but I prefer 240, 600x1024 and tablet mode for chrome, e-mail and some other apps. Having an issue with Gmail though, it won't fill the screen width, leaving a white field on both sides of the message field...
The Following User Says Thank You to longice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JB-007
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for your answer
And do you need to reboot device each time you change settings?

longice
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-007 View Post
Thanks for your answer
And do you need to reboot device each time you change settings?
No, usually not. You just turn the tweak on with the ON/OFF switch (after selecting the app), then setting DPI, resolution and tablet/no tablet mode. After setting this, press save and say yes to close the app. Then press play button and it should open the app with tweaked settings.

If somehow the app is not changed, try opening app settings and manually force close it. Then reopen.

It's not always that results are shown immediately. So sometimes you might have to reboot (just to be sure). Typically for system files/apps.

Remember to get yourself a nandroid backup of your system before messing too much, though
The Following User Says Thank You to longice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leonardoaraujo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1317
I updated the post and added some instructions to turn some apps for tablet mode, I hope to clarify some doubts ...
Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: Samsung 4.2.1 & AOSPA 3+

Do not be rude, be thankful if you like my work!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leonardoaraujo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leonardoaraujo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by longice View Post
No, usually not. You just turn the tweak on with the ON/OFF switch (after selecting the app), then setting DPI, resolution and tablet/no tablet mode. After setting this, press save and say yes to close the app. Then press play button and it should open the app with tweaked settings.

If somehow the app is not changed, try opening app settings and manually force close it. Then reopen.

It's not always that results are shown immediately. So sometimes you might have to reboot (just to be sure). Typically for system files/apps.

Remember to get yourself a nandroid backup of your system before messing too much, though
"Config", "SystemUI" and "Android System", need to reboot ....
Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: Samsung 4.2.1 & AOSPA 3+

Do not be rude, be thankful if you like my work!