Golden Eye v52 for the s4 active (WIP)

Search This thread

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
im not responsible for anything you do to your phone.

you need flash fire installed on your phone to make this work

i have made GoldenEye v52 5.0.1 run on our phones here is the guide for now im crunched on time so i will just give you the guide to go from 5.0.1 stock to 5.0.1 GoldenEye

the masterpatch i made has issues with the camera. i belive the other master patch does also but i will link it here anyways

go to the golden eye page and download the rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2313469

download the updaterscript attatchment from this post and the masterpatchlolipopbeta ( or try the other one here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-active/general/how-to-update-to-i537oc6-5-0-1-t3089355/post60376229 )

OPEN do not extract the GE zip file (using winrar or 7zip)
navigate to META-INF\com\google\android
delete everything in that directory
copy one of the updaterscripts and updaterbinarys from the attatched files into that directory
now close that file.
copy the goldeneye zip and the masterpatch you choose to use to your phone

open flashfire
set up a wipe (select all but internal storage)
select goldeneye zip
select masterpatch zip

make sure flashfire puts them in that order.

flash it.

the rom takes forever to start up the first time. if it is over 20 mins shut the phone off and turn it back on then it should boot up a little faster.

the superuser in this rom is weird. you need to go to settings in SU and and set it to always grant it is a problem with this rom not from me

thanks to the developers of goldeneye and thanks to thisisapoorusernamechoice for the base to make my masterpatch.

like i ssaid the only thing i can confirm nonworking is the camera. but once a better masterpatch comes out it will be fixed

dont forget to hit thanks if this post has helped you in anyway please.

Attachments

• masterpatchlolipopbeta.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:
like i ssaid the only thing i can confirm nonworking is the camera. but once a better masterpatch comes out it will be fixed

Oh I keep forgetting to ask, have you tested this with a non-stock camera (e.g. google camera), both with and without the patch? Sorry in advance if you already tried that. I want to try out this rom, I've just been busy trying to do other garbage with my phone I unfortunately have not gotten the chance yet

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Oh I keep forgetting to ask, have you tested this with a non-stock camera (e.g. google camera), both with and without the patch? Sorry in advance if you already tried that. I want to try out this rom, I've just been busy trying to do other garbage with my phone I unfortunately have not gotten the chance yet

nahh not yet. i went back to stock but i may flash it again tonight. then i will test with another camera. but i did try with the stock camera and it didnt work.

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
If I flash this and don't like it can I just flash the stock rooted lollipop? The camera thing is the only thing holding me back because I do use that. I have no problem trying a different camera to see if it works but if it doesn't I want to be able to go right back to the stock rooted rom. Thanks for the info also.

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
If I flash this and don't like it can I just flash the stock rooted lollipop? The camera thing is the only thing holding me back because I do use that. I have no problem trying a different camera to see if it works but if it doesn't I want to be able to go right back to the stock rooted rom. Thanks for the info also.

yes downlaod the flashable zip and wipe everything and flash it the boom back to stock

yes this is for the i537

Reactions: Saalschlacht

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
I tried Google camera and it doesn't work either. Do you think you will be making a patch for it? It says can't connect to camera when you open it. Thanks

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks , I also tried camera 360 and it said I need to turn on device access. I'm assuming that's where the problem is. Let me know if you need me to test anything. I'll keep golden eye on for a few days if you do.

nahh no need of someone to test right now.....but i may need testers soon for a rom project im going to attempt. going to try to deodex the stock rom then kang a few good features out of golden eye and a few other stock based roms maby some s6 features. but thats a vague in the future type thing. ill keep people updated.

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
quick note.. got the kushan 4.0 rom working but no camera still. this rom looks like the s6. dont try to flash it as it is. you will end up breaking things if people are interested ill post my modified updaterscripts for it

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
nahh no need of someone to test right now.....but i may need testers soon for a rom project im going to attempt. going to try to deodex the stock rom then kang a few good features out of golden eye and a few other stock based roms maby some s6 features. but thats a vague in the future type thing. ill keep people updated.
I've been reading to try to deodex lollipop. I've found a few batch tools but haven't gotten them to work. Can't you take the app, private app, and framework folders out of golden eye and put into stock rom? Thats what I was going to try. There's a batch tool called Joel Droid for deodex lollipop roms. I just put onto my computer but didn't try yet. Keep me posted if you deodex the stock rom. I want to try to theme some things.

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
I've been reading to try to deodex lollipop. I've found a few batch tools but haven't gotten them to work. Can't you take the app, private app, and framework folders out of golden eye and put into stock rom? Thats what I was going to try. There's a batch tool called Joel Droid for deodex lollipop roms. I just put onto my computer but didn't try yet. Keep me posted if you deodex the stock rom. I want to try to theme some things.

i dont know. it might give a signing issue but its worth a try. i was reading samsung files had issues in some of the batch ones. maby we can ask the guy who did golden eye how he did it?

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
i dont know. it might give a signing issue but its worth a try. i was reading samsung files had issues in some of the batch ones. maby we can ask the guy who did golden eye how he did it?

just started a batch file with joel droid so far so good. i think its possible to do this :) so aslong as it works im gonna start with debloating it. then im going to grab mods and build the rom so its not so stock. and it will be a custom rom specifically made for our phone..lol

Last edited:

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
just started a batch file with joel droid so far so good. i think its possible to do this :) so aslong as it works im gonna start with debloating it. then im going to grab mods and build the rom so its not so stock. and it will be a custom rom specifically made for our phone..lol
Sounds good, keep me posted. Thanks

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Sounds good, keep me posted. Thanks

just finished it. it only didnt work on a few files (like 4 total? also android.policy.jar dosent convert right but it dosent ***** about it?). i took the ones out of golden eye and put em in instead. installing my testrom now.....im at the long ass waiting period. will update on what happens... aka if it works all correct like.

Reactions: atvspecialties

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
just finished it. it only didnt work on a few files (like 4 total? also android.policy.jar dosent convert right but it dosent ***** about it?). i took the ones out of golden eye and put em in instead. installing my testrom now.....im at the long ass waiting period. will update on what happens... aka if it works all correct like.
Sounds good I'll be up for a while so let me know if you need me to test anything.

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Sounds good I'll be up for a while so let me know if you need me to test anything.
first try unsucessful. apparently some files in framework folder were never deodexed eventhough it said they were. im going through and swapping them with ones from goldeneye to see if i can get it to work
. if that dosent work i will try to deodex those files manually tomorow. i have wicked slow upload speeds so i would have to wait till monday to go to the library to upload it if i get it working. thats the downside of not having my own internet and using a neighbors..lol

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
first try unsucessful. apparently some files in framework folder were never deodexed eventhough it said they were. im going through and swapping them with ones from goldeneye to see if i can get it to work
. if that dosent work i will try to deodex those files manually tomorow. i have wicked slow upload speeds so i would have to wait till monday to go to the library to upload it if i get it working. thats the downside of not having my own internet and using a neighbors..lol
Ok just keep me posted, thanks. What rom did you put into joel droid to deodex it? I can maybe try myself also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im not responsible for anything you do to your phone.

you need flash fire installed on your phone to make this work

i have made GoldenEye v52 5.0.1 run on our phones here is the guide for now im crunched on time so i will just give you the guide to go from 5.0.1 stock to 5.0.1 GoldenEye

the masterpatch i made has issues with the camera. i belive the other master patch does also but i will link it here anyways

go to the golden eye page and download the rom
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2313469

download the updaterscript attatchment from this post and the masterpatchlolipopbeta ( or try the other one here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-active/general/how-to-update-to-i537oc6-5-0-1-t3089355/post60376229 )

OPEN do not extract the GE zip file (using winrar or 7zip)
    navigate to META-INF\com\google\android
    delete everything in that directory
    copy one of the updaterscripts and updaterbinarys from the attatched files into that directory
    now close that file.
    copy the goldeneye zip and the masterpatch you choose to use to your phone

open flashfire
    set up a wipe (select all but internal storage)
    select goldeneye zip
    select masterpatch zip

make sure flashfire puts them in that order.

flash it.

the rom takes forever to start up the first time. if it is over 20 mins shut the phone off and turn it back on then it should boot up a little faster.

the superuser in this rom is weird. you need to go to settings in SU and and set it to always grant it is a problem with this rom not from me

thanks to the developers of goldeneye and thanks to thisisapoorusernamechoice for the base to make my masterpatch.

dont forget to hit thanks if this post has helped you in anyway please.
    figured out deodexing. will release a deodexed version of stock and a deodexed lite stock version on monday. also am working on a 5.0.1 custom rom for the S4 Active ATT. the release date on that is TBA. with the system deodexed people should start making mods :)

EDIT: i have also made a few flashable zip mods. a center clock mod and a 5 way reboot mod. they require the deodexed rom though. i will release it all on monday when i can get to a descent internet connection.
    Damn dude that's dedication no worries :good:

got a consolation prize. here is a call record mod that will work with odex or deodex its specifically for the att varient

and check out this link. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/themes-apps/how-to-enable-pop-color-effect-mod-s4-t3024120/page6 you wont regret it. i really like the ink lockscreen
    had issues with the computer at the library will upload tomorow sorry guys.

nahh not yet. i went back to stock but i may flash it again tonight. then i will test with another camera. but i did try with the stock camera and it didnt work.