Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Post Reply

[Q] still no 4.4.2 update

OP stuffy429

8th July 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Its been a month and I still am not able to get the ota for my AT&T gs4 active. Every time I check for the update I get the message that the system was interrupted and there is no new update. I am currently on unrooted ML2. Does anybody have any idea why this may be?
Last edited by stuffy429; 8th July 2014 at 05:26 AM.
8th July 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 372
 
1,050 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy429

Its been a month and I still am not able to get the ota for my AT&T gs4 active. Every time I check for the update I get the message that the system was interrupted and there is no new update. I am currently on unrooted ML2. Does anybody have any idea why this may be?

Just download it and flash it through stock recovery yourself. That's the way the OTA works anyways, but for some reason your phone isn't automatically downloading it.
8th July 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Quatre Bornes
Thanks Meter: 35
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy429

Its been a month and I still am not able to get the ota for my AT&T gs4 active. Every time I check for the update I get the message that the system was interrupted and there is no new update. I am currently on unrooted ML2. Does anybody have any idea why this may be?

Hi,

If you are not having it though OTA simply download the firmware for you model from Sammobile.com and flash it with Odin.
12th July 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
I searched sammobile and it doesn't have any firmware for AT&T or any S4A updates to 4.4.2. Is there any other place where I can download the firmware manually?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #5  
captaincado's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West of Boston
Thanks Meter: 37
 
183 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleze

I searched sammobile and it doesn't have any firmware for AT&T or any S4A updates to 4.4.2. Is there any other place where I can download the firmware manually?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629093
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
Download the .cfg file, change to update.zip, place file on SD card and use recovery to flash.
12th July 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincado

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629093
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
Download the .cfg file, change to update.zip, place file on SD card and use recovery to flash.

Whoops...the 4.4.2 firmware wiped my phone to stock 4.2.2. Ugh.

But this is the link I needed. Thanks

Meh - Further work of trying to restore the original system/app files in order to push any of the updates bricked the phone. It is stuck on the AT&T logo and recovery mode has a "No Command" and dead android icon. Just be careful, people...
Last edited by sleze; 13th July 2014 at 04:46 AM.
13th July 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #7  
xdafly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I just documented my steps of resolving a few unrooted, stock ATT ML2 phones here

Don't understand how the NE3 would make a stock ATT ML2 go from 4.3 to 4.2 (as posted..)

(my step 1 was using ATT update over wifi if available.... however, in my case multiple phones FIND the ATT NE3 update 444 mb file but FAIL after reboot when update reaches 29 percent, no explanation given.)

2. Download from the link above (ATT Stock Firmware Thread) the Android 4.4 ( I537UCUCNE3 (4.4.2) ) 444 MB file,
3. Rename the 444 MB file to update.zip
4. Set SG4A phone into Developer Mode and enable USB debugging
5. Move the update.zip to a microSD card and insert into phone
6. Hold down simultaneously Volume Down, Power and Home Button and wait for Stock recovery/Downloading menu to appear
7. Select update.zip and let phone update ML2 to NE3
13th July 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleze

Whoops...the 4.4.2 firmware wiped my phone to stock 4.2.2. Ugh.

But this is the link I needed. Thanks

Meh - Further work of trying to restore the original system/app files in order to push any of the updates bricked the phone. It is stuck on the AT&T logo and recovery mode has a "No Command" and dead android icon. Just be careful, people...

I was able to get my phone working by visiting the Samsung Center at a local best buy and they were able to push the latest and greatest 4.4.2. I would recommend that anyone trying to unroot their phone to be very careful.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes