[Q] Conflicting Post all over the net + Question

20th August 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29

116 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok the galaxy s4 active SGH-I537 are all the bootloaders locked or not as i have read some post here and else where that say some are and others are not when I go into Odin Mode i get

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I537
Current Binary: Samsung Offical
System Status: Offical
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warrenty Void: 0x0
CSD-Config-Lsb:0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMC Burst Mode enabled

Now judging by reading this i am assuming that it is locked just looking for confirmation. The Reason I ask is i am wanting to dual boot the Phone with this http://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=125119. For ubuntu touch although it says i need to have an unlocked phone and rooted which mine is rooted however they do not specifiy whether or not the mean sim unlocked or bootloader unlocked and i am going to take a shot in the dark and say they are meaning bootloader unlocked. if so would there be a possability to load the dual boot under safestrap ?
20th August 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 356

1,013 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fallen_angel

Ok the galaxy s4 active SGH-I537 are all the bootloaders locked or not as i have read some post here and else where that say some are and others are not when I go into Odin Mode i get

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I537
Current Binary: Samsung Offical
System Status: Offical
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warrenty Void: 0x0
CSD-Config-Lsb:0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMC Burst Mode enabled

Now judging by reading this i am assuming that it is locked just looking for confirmation. The Reason I ask is i am wanting to dual boot the Phone with this http://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=125119. For ubuntu touch although it says i need to have an unlocked phone and rooted which mine is rooted however they do not specifiy whether or not the mean sim unlocked or bootloader unlocked and i am going to take a shot in the dark and say they are meaning bootloader unlocked. if so would there be a possability to load the dual boot under safestrap ?

The i537 has a locked bootloader, the i9295 does not. You cannot flash ROMs on the i537 like you can on the i9295.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29

116 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

The i537 has a locked bootloader, the i9295 does not. You cannot flash ROMs on the i537 like you can on the i9295.

That is what I thought thank you for the reply i guess teh Ubuntu touch dual boot is out of the question untill unlocked bootloaders become a reality for use g4 user lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread