Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S4 Wifi Troubles,EFS, and more

OP jrviray

22nd August 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So I'm new to positng to XDA but I have been around since my S4 Infuse days.

Heres the story, recently I rooted my AT&T SGH-i935 and it was fine. I tried to install CWM and it didnt work so i figured to unroot. As i did, my wifi no longer works. As in i cannot connect to my home wifi because it always says 'scanning'.

After I while i just flashed the stock firmware 4.4.2 and my phone was as good as new, but the wifi still doesnt work but my mobile data does. After surfing and reflashing i have come to various conclusions:
-my phone is in factory mode as i flashed the stock firmware of 4.4.2 using the links provided by XDA
-I need to turn off factory mode to have wifi capability
-to do so i need my EFS folder
-I have no contents within my EFS folder and i have been trying to find a way to restore it
-I have tried EFS pro but it says it cannot find the mount point
-I have tried various ways to restore EFS and or to mount it

If anyone can provide feedback/advice/anything it is much appreciated. More experienced users I hope you can look after me!!!
22nd August 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
correction
*device always says 'turning on' in the wifi menu'
23rd August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #3  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397

1,170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrviray

correction
*device always says 'turning on' in the wifi menu'

Unfortunately, you've posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for the S4 Active, a very different phone than the regular S4. Try posting in the correct forum and you should get an answer pretty quick.
23rd August 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Unfortunately, you've posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for the S4 Active, a very different phone than the regular S4. Try posting in the correct forum and you should get an answer pretty quick.

forgive my mistakes. I do indeed have an S4 Active, i must have typed SGH i935 instead of SGH i357. I was pretty frustrated at the time.
23rd August 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #5  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397

1,170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrviray

forgive my mistakes. I do indeed have an S4 Active, i must have typed SGH i935 instead of SGH i357. I was pretty frustrated at the time.

I would take your phone to the Samsung Store at Best Buy, they should be able to fix it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread