Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knox won't take a hike 4.4.2 NE3

Tip us?

SebringTech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Knox won't take a hike 4.4.2 NE3

I am currently running NE3 firmware on my S4 Active. It's rooted via Towelroot. When I opened SuperSU it said something about KNOX detected do I want to disable it? I of course did and clicked yes. It said that it was disabled successfully, however I still see the lovely "Security Policy Updates" notification several times a day. Aside from some bloatware removed I haven't messed with KNOX. I had no problem disabling it on ML2, is there a different method needed for 4.4.2 NE3?

gjrumptz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not sure if this will help but I went into es file explorer and clicked root access then searched for the knox apk and renamed it by adding a 2 after apk so the file will not run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

SebringTech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrumptz View Post
Not sure if this will help but I went into es file explorer and clicked root access then searched for the knox apk and renamed it by adding a 2 after apk so the file will not run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
I ran a zip file from a member one here that was supposed to delete all files related to Knox, however I still see "security policy updates" nag message. I used a root file explorer and searched for knox and it's not coming back with any results. Is this Security Policy garbage going to mess the phone's root up? It's nagging me to let it automatically update... which I don't allow anything to update on its own, but this message keeps coming up in my notifications bar...