Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Noob question about rooting instructions.

OP xRick64x

23rd August 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I have just ordered an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-I537 that I am going to have activated with MetroPCS. From the model number, this apparently was an AT&T phone. I have found rooting instructions that I don't completely understand yet. My question is, if this is flashed to MetroPCS, would I still use the instructions for an AT&T phone? If so, are there any accurate instructions that you can tell me about? A video would be perfect. Also, would I want to turn off automatic software updates? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am trying to learn.
23rd August 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 388
 
1,137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRick64x

I have just ordered an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-I537 that I am going to have activated with MetroPCS. From the model number, this apparently was an AT&T phone. I have found rooting instructions that I don't completely understand yet. My question is, if this is flashed to MetroPCS, would I still use the instructions for an AT&T phone? If so, are there any accurate instructions that you can tell me about? A video would be perfect. Also, would I want to turn off automatic software updates? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am trying to learn.

The only thing you have to do is go to towelroot.com. The instructions you found are outdated.
23rd August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

The only thing you have to do is go to towelroot.com. The instructions you found are outdated.

So all I have to do it go to that site on the phone, download it, and run it, and that's it?
23rd August 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
thisisapoorusernamechoice's Avatar
Member
Flag Albany
Thanks Meter: 15
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRick64x

So all I have to do it go to that site on the phone, download it, and run it, and that's it?

Yes it's an app, you just have to run the app, follow the instructions, afterwords install SuperSU from the play store. It couldn't be any easier.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes