Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck On This For Awhile Now... :(

OP KHarper2015

9th December 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a ATT S4 Active SGH-I537. It can only access download mode and from there i've tried everything. What happened was the phone had a OTA to the newest update pushed from ATT and after it updated the touchscreen did not work and i noticed the scren was "burning in the text" if that's what it's called. So i tried to wipe cache, and factory reset. Same thing Happened. Well now the firmware update did not go through so i have the error and can only access download mode. I've tried everything in odin and just get FAILS. Blahhh.

Any help would be great, I'm not new to this kind of stuff. I'm just stuck and need some help.

Thanks
9th December 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #2  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 395

1,164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarper2015

I have a ATT S4 Active SGH-I537. It can only access download mode and from there i've tried everything. What happened was the phone had a OTA to the newest update pushed from ATT and after it updated the touchscreen did not work and i noticed the scren was "burning in the text" if that's what it's called. So i tried to wipe cache, and factory reset. Same thing Happened. Well now the firmware update did not go through so i have the error and can only access download mode. I've tried everything in odin and just get FAILS. Blahhh.

Any help would be great, I'm not new to this kind of stuff. I'm just stuck and need some help.

Thanks

As long as you can get into Download mode you should be ok. I don't know what firmware you were originally on and what you were updating to, but to be safe you should flash the NE3 Odin package. Download it from the i537 Firmware Thread and flash it through Odin. Check the md5 of the file you downloaded with the md5 posted in the thread to make sure you don't have a corrupted download. If you need step-by-step instructions for Odin you can find a link to it in the same thread.

Make sure you are using the usb cable that came with your phone since that is the only one that is guaranteed to work. You can use others, but Odin is very picky about usb cables. Also, try different usb ports on your computer, again Odin is picky. Finally try Odin v3.07 and Odin v3.09. Most people have used those versions to flash things.

If you need more help I'm going to need a little more information:
  • What firmware were you on before the OTA?
  • What firmware are you trying to update to?
  • You mentioned Odin doesn't work, can you post the Odin logs so I can see where it fails?
9th December 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

As long as you can get into Download mode you should be ok. I don't know what firmware you were originally on and what you were updating to, but to be safe you should flash the NE3 Odin package. Download it from the i537 Firmware Thread and flash it through Odin. Check the md5 of the file you downloaded with the md5 posted in the thread to make sure you don't have a corrupted download. If you need step-by-step instructions for Odin you can find a link to it in the same thread.

Make sure you are using the usb cable that came with your phone since that is the only one that is guaranteed to work. You can use others, but Odin is very picky about usb cables. Also, try different usb ports on your computer, again Odin is picky. Finally try Odin v3.07 and Odin v3.09. Most people have used those versions to flash things.

If you need more help I'm going to need a little more information:

• What firmware were you on before the OTA?
  • What firmware are you trying to update to?
  • You mentioned Odin doesn't work, can you post the Odin logs so I can see where it fails?

I will try the NE3 Package a few times, maybe stop by the store and get a different cable. If that doesn't work i will let you know. Thanks for replying and for the info. This is a frustrating mess.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread