|ROM|★GOLDFINGER v9★|►S5/LOOK/FEEL◄|JAN.19.15|★

OP iB4STiD

26th February 2015, 04:53 PM   |  #1471  
Thanks Meter: 10

131 posts
More
I don't have the apk and my worry is that if I install a newer version over an older one. that won't hurt anything right?
26th February 2015, 06:58 PM   |  #1472  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 206

736 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate39

I don't have the apk and my worry is that if I install a newer version over an older one. that won't hurt anything right?

You'll have to completely uninstall ss if you're on 3.72 looking to go to 3.75 a03. I would redownload from the thread posted above. If you forget which version you're on, you should be able to power down your phone, turn it back on, and the ss splash screen should come up. Hit the menu key to boot into recovery.
26th February 2015, 10:48 PM   |  #1473  

131 posts
More
I reflashed and this time load Samsung apps but now my wifi won't turn on, any help please.

And I also can't get into safestrap, so should I download it again and reinstall it?
Last edited by nate39; 26th February 2015 at 10:59 PM.
27th February 2015, 03:04 PM   |  #1474  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 84

256 posts
More
Quote:

I reflashed and this time load Samsung apps but now my wifi won't turn on, any help please.

Did you flash the kernel modules? WiFi won't work unless you do.

Quote:

And I also can't get into safestrap, so should I download it again and reinstall it?

Is it not letting you open the app, or is it not rebooting when you tap Reboot to Recovery?
27th February 2015, 03:16 PM   |  #1475  

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoplectic1

Did you flash the kernel modules? WiFi won't work unless you do.

Is it not letting you open the app, or is it not rebooting when you tap Reboot to Recovery?

I had to use odin and flash NB1 to get the phone to work again. I then made sure I did a clean install and reflashed this ROM and it booted up but now I have no wifi. I installed the ATT files, I also flashed NB1 modem files from safestrap and that did nothing. I thought there were tar modem files for Odin but I can't find them. thanks for any help

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Okay, I found NB1 modules and flashed them and that got it working
27th February 2015, 05:00 PM   |  #1476  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 84

256 posts
More
Quote:

I had to use odin and flash NB1 to get the phone to work again. I then made sure I did a clean install and reflashed this ROM and it booted up but now I have no wifi. I installed the ATT files, I also flashed NB1 modem files from safestrap and that did nothing. I thought there were tar modem files for Odin but I can't find them. thanks for any help

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Okay, I found NB1 modules and flashed them and that got it working

Sweet! Is Safestrap still acting up for you?
27th February 2015, 06:44 PM   |  #1477  

131 posts
More
No it is fine, everything finally seems to be working. you really have to do a totally clean install.
1st March 2015, 01:36 PM   |  #1478  

131 posts
More
I see that my phone has the option of video call but when I hit it, it starts and then stops. Is there something I need to do to be able to dial up a video call? thanks
Yesterday, 06:34 PM   |  #1479  
Flag Valrico, FL
Thanks Meter: 582

1,363 posts
More
Wow Sammy did a number on the S6, no removable battery and the worst part is no SD card. Did you see the price of a 128gb model? I store a lot of videos on my device and chromecast when away. Been with Sammy since the S2 but have to think again with this one. I have the S4 and the S5 and was planning on getting the S6 and giving up the S4 and using the S5 as the backup. Will have to reconsider now. GF makes the S4 like a S5 and is great.
Yesterday, 07:41 PM   |  #1480  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag somewhere
Thanks Meter: 23,118

11,911 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb813

Wow Sammy did a number on the S6, no removable battery and the worst part is no SD card. Did you see the price of a 128gb model? I store a lot of videos on my device and chromecast when away. Been with Sammy since the S2 but have to think again with this one. I have the S4 and the S5 and was planning on getting the S6 and giving up the S4 and using the S5 as the backup. Will have to reconsider now. GF makes the S4 like a S5 and is great.

long time no see man!!.. ya i agree no s6 for me.. tho a s5 might be fun

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread