5,815,133 Members 38,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Sim Unlock Canadian Galaxy S4 i337m 4.3 and 4.4.2

Tip us?

kriEv
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Well after almost giving up, i read a few posts elsewhere on XDA about Secure check fail errors and someone said to try a different usb port, i laughed and thought it was stupid since i can flash anything else...

it worked.

i was able to flash MDJ and access hidden menu and unlock the phone. Now all i need is a sim card from another carrier to test it.
Phone: ROGERS i337M Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Hyperdrive R17- TW 4.4.2 - ROOTED

Tablet: Nexus 7 (FLO)
ROM: STOCK 4.4 - ODEXED with ART
The Following User Says Thank You to kriEv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Harry TestTickles
Old
(Last edited by Harry TestTickles; 22nd September 2014 at 09:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Awesome!! Glad to hear it. Did it trip the Knox counter? Mine was already tripped so away I went, lol.
I did the same thing and it wouldn't unlock when I popped a Koodo sim card in, so I ran RegionLockAway and that worked if yours doesn't. This XDA site is the best, the help people give here is unreal, they never give up on you. 110% classy site it is

nodyarg
Old
(Last edited by nodyarg; Today at 02:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriEv View Post
Well after almost giving up, i read a few posts elsewhere on XDA about Secure check fail errors and someone said to try a different usb port, i laughed and thought it was stupid since i can flash anything else...

it worked.

i was able to flash MDJ and access hidden menu and unlock the phone. Now all i need is a sim card from another carrier to test it.
reallly? ive been trying to do this for 2 days. im on 4.3 mk6 and ive read that its impossible to downgrade from 4.3 to the 4.2.2 firmware, but you can downgrade to the 4.2.2 modem and unlock it.

And my experience has been that flashing 4.2.2 modems in MK6 fails in ODIN.

You're saying that you can downgrade to one of the 4.2.2 firmwares for i337m on the SAMMOBILE page, then flash the firmware in odin and it will work?

I tried with the puerto rico 4.2.2 MDJ firmware, ODIN said success, i booted up and my phone gave me the Clairo bootscreen, then the glowing samsung letters, then it just stays there forever.

Im downloading the Rogers Black Edition 4.2.2 MDJ firmware to try next, is this the one you used? What did you do differently?

UPDATE: The Rogers firmware bricked my phone
Phone: LG/T-Mobile Optimus G2x (LG P999)
ROM: AOSP EAGLESBLOOD ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.4 ROM BUILD 4

kriEv
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg View Post
reallly? ive been trying to do this for 2 days. im on 4.3 mk6 and ive read that its impossible to downgrade from 4.3 to the 4.2.2 firmware, but you can downgrade to the 4.2.2 modem and unlock it.

And my experience has been that flashing 4.2.2 modems in MK6 fails in ODIN.

You're saying that you can downgrade to one of the 4.2.2 firmwares for i337m on the SAMMOBILE page, then flash the firmware in odin and it will work?

I tried with the puerto rico 4.2.2 MDJ firmware, ODIN said success, i booted up and my phone gave me the Clairo bootscreen, then the glowing samsung letters, then it just stays there forever.

Im downloading the Rogers Black Edition 4.2.2 MDJ firmware to try next, is this the one you used? What did you do differently?

UPDATE: The Rogers firmware bricked my phone
I dont know what phone you have but I only installed the modem. I never tried to load the firmware. You cannot downgrade via ODIN you will brick.. the bootloader isnt downgradable. Only the modem can be downgraded
Phone: ROGERS i337M Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Hyperdrive R17- TW 4.4.2 - ROOTED

Tablet: Nexus 7 (FLO)
ROM: STOCK 4.4 - ODEXED with ART
Tags
canadian s4 i337m 4.2.2 4.4.2