OP veryluckyguy

24th September 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg

Thanks I also found the bell black edition 4.2.2 MDJ was able to get me into the service menu. But, I am a little confused about the instructions. Mainly step 7. It says reenable SHA256, but it doesnt say how. I can go back to it in the menu, then select [2]Perso SHA 256 ON, then am i done? Or do I have to restore the "Golden Backup" again to apply the changes?

Also step 3 was a little confusing, I dont konw why it says use *#9090# to access the hidden menu, because the guide step 3 links to says to use *#0011#. I pressed *#9090# but it just took me to some weird DIAG CONFIG menu which I didnt know what to do with.

Oh, also step 1 mentions downgrading the firmware to MDJ, which as kriEv mentioned cannot be done, only the modem, right?

Anyways, I am assuming its safe to ignore those last 2 parts i mentioned, its just step 7 i really need help with. How do i restore PERSO SHA256??

Step 7 is not critical, it just restores the original settings and doesn't affect the sim lock.
*#9090# and *#0011# are essentially the same thing. One works for some phones and not others. I got mine to work with *#9090#.
The Following User Says Thank You to veryluckyguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #32  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 9

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryluckyguy

Step 7 is not critical, it just restores the original settings and doesn't affect the sim lock.
*#9090# and *#0011# are essentially the same thing. One works for some phones and not others. I got mine to work with *#9090#.

Well i installed regionlock away and flashed the mk6 modem back. Was getting no network so I did the AWS mod a second time, and still nothing. Then as I was reading more on XDA i heard a text message. My Wind sim card started working. Looks like I am unlocked!
Thankyou!
Now Can I safely upgrade to stock 4.4.2 without losing the regionlock away, and the AWS mod?
24th September 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #33  
OP Member

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg

Well i installed regionlock away and flashed the mk6 modem back. Was getting no network so I did the AWS mod a second time, and still nothing. Then as I was reading more on XDA i heard a text message. My Wind sim card started working. Looks like I am unlocked!
Thankyou!
Now Can I safely upgrade to stock 4.4.2 without losing the regionlock away, and the AWS mod?

If you downgraded the firmware ie tripped the knox counter, you can use TriangleAway and let the phone update ota. The unlock and aws mod should still work after the update. If you flashed only the modem.bin file, you just need to flash your original modem file.
24th September 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #34  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 77

416 posts
More
Yeah tbh, once you are on MDJ modem you can just run RegionLock Away, it does the nasty work flawlessly.

I had a chance and tested it with a Bell sim and it works, so im unlocked (and tested) as well

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry TestTickles

Awesome!! Glad to hear it. Did it trip the Knox counter? Mine was already tripped so away I went, lol.
I did the same thing and it wouldn't unlock when I popped a Koodo sim card in, so I ran RegionLockAway and that worked if yours doesn't. This XDA site is the best, the help people give here is unreal, they never give up on you. 110% classy site it is

Sorry i never responded to this.

My knox counter was already tripped.. TBH i don't care, i work for Rogers lol, it's my work phone.

But as mentionned above, i had a chance to test with Bell sim, so it's all good.
25th September 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #35  
Flag Montreal

83 posts
More
Thumbs up Thank you.
Just want to say thank you. Worked great on my i337m (bell) was on 4.4.2 (ne1), after I tried all hidden codes I can find. I finally, flashed only the modem MDJ, using
Quote:

heimdall flash --MDM modem.bin

(I'm on linux, but should work on windows too), then upgraded to cm11 with ne1, everything is working as expected. Thank you.
18th October 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up Unlocked rogers and fido s4 s no problem
Alright guys after searching everywhere i found a way to unlock Fido/Rogers S4, (bell, telus as well)

First of all download 4.2.2 and flash it with odin 3.07
(i found a rogers stock I337MVLUAMDJ_I337MOYAAMDJ_I337MVLUAMDJ_HOME.tar online)

(Your wifi and sound won't work after downgrade)

Get motochopper and root the phone (run.bat will root your phone)

download RegionLockAway-v1.3.apk and save it in your phone.

install the the RegionLockAway-v1.3.

Runthe regionunlock,

restart and your phone will be unlocked.

Update to 4.3 to get everything work right. then update to 4.4
Yesterday, 05:26 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I am confused, I didnt think you could downgrade the entire firmware from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
canadian s4 i337m 4.2.2 4.4.2
Previous Thread Next Thread