XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more

Sunshine Compatible with HTC One M9

Two Senior Recognized Developers jcase and beaups officially released a new version of Sunshine. … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE] Sim Unlock Canadian Galaxy S4 i337m 4.3 and 4.4.2

19th January 2015, 12:28 AM |#61  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Wish I didn't pass mine for an upgrade on software. I got it with 4.4.2

23rd January 2015, 06:10 PM |#62  

3 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryluckyguy

I have looked everywhere and collected information along the way. Yet I haven't found a guide that shows Canadian S4 owners how to sim unlock their phones. The phone I have is still at android 4.3 MK6 but with the KNOX fuse already tripped. So this procedure will trip the fuse but I think there is a workaround that can sim unlock without tripping the fuse.

Jelly Bean 4.3
Here's what I did to unlock the phone:
1. Downgrade the firmware to MDJ using ODIN. (This will trip the KNOX fuse. If you don't want it tripped, I have seen others who have downgraded only the modem.bin where the hidden menu still works.)
2. Boot directly into recovery (Vol UP + HOME + Power) and do a factory reset before booting into the system. If you don't do this, the system won't boot.
3. Use *#9090# to access the hidden menu, see this thread. I found that trying to sim unlock using this hidden menu method didn't work for my phone. This was also confirmed by another Canadian S4 user.
4. So I went on to root MDJ using saferoot as the next step requires root access. I think most Canadian S4 users are referred to the CF-Auto-Root.
5. Install and run RegionLockAway.
6. Reboot phone with other sim to verify lock is removed.
7. Go into hidden menu to renable PERSO SHA256.
8. Use ODIN to restore MK6.

KitKat 4.4.2
I found another Canadian user at version 4.4.2 commenting the RegionLockAway didn't work in that version so you will have to downgrade to make it work. There's a thread over on the TMobile Galaxy S4 section that mentions downgrading just the modem.bin from 4.4.2 to a lower version where the hidden menu still works. Details of how to extract the modem files directly from the firmware are shown in that thread. For Canadian i337m users, I would suggest downgrading to 4.2.2 MDJ modem.bin. Then root and run RegionLockAway to unlock the phone. Return the modem back to the current 4.4.2 when everything is done. This approach seems to work for TMobile S4 users and it doesn't trip the KNOX fuse. I have never tried this so try at your own risk.

I am trying to downgrade my modem to CWM_I337VLUAMDJ to sim unlock my phone. i have downloaded atleast 4 modem files from different locations but ODIN fails all the time.
my phone is rooted.
Any help from you is higly appreciated
28th January 2015, 09:26 PM |#63  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up_

I have the same phone of you
I didnt understand how you flash it? With odin or another method?
I tryied flashing the modem of the guide (MDJ) but doesnt work. Odin says that IT FAILED.

My lol question is how you did it and what modem exactly you flashed?.

Yes, with Odin, modem.bin in the CP slot as in the instructions in the link in the first post of this thread. What's the log from Odin when you do this?
3rd February 2015, 03:48 PM |#64  

1 posts
Is it still works right now?
I have i337m rogers which is canadian bell. I am wondering this way is still working right now..
4th February 2015, 06:32 AM |#65  
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 10

51 posts
More
WOW, thanks I just followed your instructions and now my rogers S4 (4.4.2) is unlocked and working with a Koodo sim!
5th February 2015, 01:45 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 48

333 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_geforce

WOW, thanks I just followed your instructions and now my rogers S4 (4.4.2) is unlocked and working with a Koodo sim!

You speak about the 1st post in this thread?
As pretty much each person's experience can be different, can you share with us your experience, details about your phone that would help us understand better how you did it?
Just details like ROM version/bootloader version/modem version you had on your phone when you unlocked it.
Thanks in advance!
8th February 2015, 02:54 PM |#67  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 186

445 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_geforce

Yeah please. Give us some details! Were you on KitKat prior doing this and used the second method or did you use the first method and then went to KitKat afterward?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulreaver

You speak about the 1st post in this thread?
As pretty much each person's experience can be different, can you share with us your experience, details about your phone that would help us understand better how you did it?
Just details like ROM version/bootloader version/modem version you had on your phone when you unlocked it.
Thanks in advance!

21st March 2015, 11:13 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 5

70 posts
Do you have to have the locked carriers sim card to get this to work?
22nd March 2015, 11:02 PM |#69  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSeeker123

I just rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 (I337m) phone using the CF-Auto-Root method (for Canadian models only) by Chainfire. And then installed and ran the regionlockaway.

Worked like a charm. Now I have an unlocked S4. I was on Bell. Tested it on Virgin simcard, it works

you dont need to unlock a phone t switch between virgin and bell, try a rogers sim
4th April 2015, 10:41 AM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 1

64 posts
plz help
i have read and read ive tried everything i cant seem to find all the proper files i have rooted my bell i337m and have 4.4.2 installed its running i337mvlufni2 baseband ...kernel 3.4.0-adam-2.5...build kot49h.i9505xxugnk4 it on golden eye 49.2xxugnk4 rom i tried downloading the downgrade modem and fail when i try to flash it via odin can someone plz send me links for everything i need to download and instruction for my problem i would apreciate it greatly been trying for 3 weeks to sim unlock it even got ripped off trying to buy unlock code offline IM LOST
Last edited by clip4life; 4th April 2015 at 10:51 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
canadian s4 i337m 4.2.2 4.4.2
Previous Thread Next Thread