I am no expert, though I am experienced with rooting and such. The following steps describe what I did to unlock my phone. I am not sure if all of these steps are necessary but they did work. Since I am not an expert, there is no point asking me questions if you have any problems, since I will not be able to help. Of course, some of these steps can void warranty, and could brick your phone if done improperly. I am not responsible for anything bad that happens.
1) Download and flash stock Columbia 4.2.2 rom with Odin (i used 3.09)
2) Root with CF-Auto Root
3) Flash Clockwork Mod (I use Caboomi's img2tar for this)
4) Get rid of KNOX by "installing" DE-KNOX zip in CWM (DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V2.0)
5) Download Chainfire's RegionLock Away, install and run
6) Restart and success!
7) Finally, I flashed the current (4.4.2) firmware of the provider I switched to (Rogers), as I was having problems with the phone and some other things. This seems to be operating properly now.
Note: I was able to install 4.2.2 rom even though I was unable to downgrade to 4.3. (Fail to flash aboot like many people get) I assume this is because the 4.2.2 rom does not modify aboot. Also, Chainfire states the RegionLock Away only works for the Note 3, however many people have used it successfully on the S4 as well. It did not work for me on 4.4.2, so I'm guessing either installing 4.2.2, or removing KNOX, or both got it to work.
I hope this helps some people. If it does, thank the developers who made everything above!