FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

NC1 flasher. No need for Odin to get into Safestrap.

14th April 2015, 10:28 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,073

More
Hi all,
This is an app by which you can flash the NC1 stock KK kernel(while on lollipop OC3) that is Safestrap friendly. Then you can enter to SS recovery and flash whatever you need onto your LP ROM. As we all know that SS won't work after flashing a lollipop ROM using muniz_ri method, unless you Odin a KK kernel. All you have to do is download the app and open it up then hit " flash", wait for it to finish then hit "tap to reboot" and it will take you directly to SS recovery. Then you can flash whatever MODs or addons you wish without having to be stuck or having to use Odin to flash the KK kernel. We are not always home by the PC to use Odin. After done flashing your files MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE I337_OC3_Stock_KERNEL_Recovery-Flashable before you reboot in order for your phone to boot up.

-I did NOT make this app and I take absolutely no credit for it. All thanks go to @benwaffle the original creator of this app for our AT&T Note 3 and @carl1961 for remaking it for the S4.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

-Please note that the purpose of this thread is only to help users. No donations needed. A "thank you" is more than enough
Hope this will help.

WARNING: it may or may not work for some of you. It DID work for me with no problem, so use it at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NC1_Flasher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.92 MB, 1144 views)
File Type: zip I337_OC3_Stock_KERNEL_Recovery-Flashable.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.45 MB, 1010 views)
Last edited by K-alz; 14th April 2015 at 10:32 PM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to K-alz For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th April 2015, 10:43 PM |#2  
Flag Valrico, FL
Thanks Meter: 597

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

Hi all,
This is an app by which you can flash the NC1 stock KK kernel(while on lollipop OC3) that is Safestrap friendly. Then you can enter to SS recovery and flash whatever you need onto your LP ROM. As we all know that SS won't work after flashing a lollipop ROM using muniz_ri method, unless you Odin a KK kernel. All you have to do is download the app and open it up then hit " flash", wait for it to finish then hit "tap to reboot" and it will take you directly to SS recovery. Then you can flash whatever MODs or addons you wish without having to be stuck or having to use Odin to flash the KK kernel. We are not always home by the PC to use Odin. After done flashing your files MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE I337_OC3_Stock_KERNEL_Recovery-Flashable before you reboot in order for your phone to boot up.

-I did NOT make this app and I take absolutely no credit for it. All thanks go to @benwaffle the original creator of this app for our AT&T Note 3 and @carl1961 for remaking it for the S4.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

-Please note that the purpose of this thread is only to help users. No donations needed. A "thank you" is more than enough
Hope this will help.

WARNING: it may or may not work for some of you. It DID work for me with no problem, so use it at your own risk.

Sound Fantastic! Lets see if I got it straight: 1. Using the Safestrap/Odin method get into LP. 2. Then install the NC1 app to get SS. 3. Flash the file you want then Flash I337 OCS Stock Kernel and the reboot.
Sound right?
The Following User Says Thank You to rfb813 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2015, 12:50 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb813

Sound Fantastic! Lets see if I got it straight: 1. Using the Safestrap/Odin method get into LP. 2. Then install the NC1 app to get SS. 3. Flash the file you want then Flash I337 OCS Stock Kernel and the reboot.
Sound right?

Yup, you got it. I was actually worried that I didn't make sense. LOL

From my Allianced S5!
15th April 2015, 12:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaffle

Source is here https://github.com/benwaffle/AT-T-Note-3-Kernel-Flasher

Thank you so much, man.

From my Allianced S5!
16th April 2015, 01:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Used this to make a backup in safestrap just to test it out. Worked great, so I plan on trying to flash the Imperium ROM when I gat a chance. This will be very useful since Flahfire doesn't work with aroma yet. Thanks for this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cats_PJs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 02:03 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_PJs

Used this to make a backup in safestrap just to test it out. Worked great, so I plan on trying to flash the Imperium ROM when I gat a chance. This will be very useful since Flahfire doesn't work with aroma yet. Thanks for this.

Thank you for confirming, bro. I'm glad it's helping. And what ROM are you talking about? Can't find it in the development section. I want to flash it, too!
Last edited by K-alz; 16th April 2015 at 02:06 AM.
16th April 2015, 02:27 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Thank you for confirming, bro. I'm glad it's helping. And what ROM are you talking about? Can't find it in the development section. I want to flash it, too!

It's in the 9505 forum. I know that those ROMs worked on our phones on 4.4.2 so I thought they may still work, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.
16th April 2015, 02:46 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_PJs

It's in the 9505 forum. I know that those ROMs worked on our phones on 4.4.2 so I thought they may still work, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Well, I think you should ask in the thread first. Just in case the ROM comes with any other kernel then give it a try.

from my lollipoped Alianced N3!
16th April 2015, 03:26 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Well, I think you should ask in the thread first. Just in case the ROM comes with any other kernel then give it a try.

from my lollipoped Alianced N3!

I just gave it a shot. It did boot but kept popping up the message " unfortunately system ui has stopped". Not sure if there's a way to solve this, but for now I just restored my backup from safestrap, so at least I can confirm that part.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cats_PJs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread