[SGH-I337M] Lollipop Official Firmware + Modem - [MEGA]

Search This thread

PlsHelpMePPL

Feb 13, 2016
Every time I've tried loading the .md5 for Rogers into the AP/PDA section of ODIN, the application would say not responding... Is there a fix to that? And how long would the wait time be for the flashing of my firmware? Does it depend on Internet Connection? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

utsc

Aug 20, 2011
Due to the high demand I am opening a thread with the stock firmware for the Canadian SGH-I337M with fast links from MEGA.
The firmware is multi-csc, so all Canadian carriers are supported.

Bell
I337MVLUGOC4 - 5.0.1 Lollipop - Click Here
Backup link thanks to nabbasi - Click Here

Rogers

Modem/Baseband
I337MVLUGOC4 - Modem - Click Here

I have a Rooted Fido (Canadian) SGH-1337M Android 5.0.1 Baseband I337MVLUGOH1.

Since my Baseband is NOT I337MVLUGOC4 what should I do?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I would think so since the i337m can be downgraded to 4.4.2.

Any reason you want to downgrade to oc4 from oh1?

Reactions: utsc

erikjr

Apr 10, 2016
sgh-i337

sgh-i337m
i unlocked this s4 it was with koodo but know trying to use it with wind mobile but it wont give me wind on the register compenys it says wind away can anybuddy help me fix this email erikfloresjr@yahoo.ca thaks

if i put bell rom do i need to change anything

ExileEditing

May 12, 2016
I can't get SELinux permissions on my phone because KNOX blocks that. I need a kernel for my phone that I believe gets rid of it or already has the SELinux enabled.

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop 5.0.1.
It's build number is SGH-I337M and I'm with Koodo

I was wondering if this is here?

Not sure if I need any more details so please tell me if I should post anything else.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did you root by flashing TWRP and installing supersu? Supersu should be able to disable knox.

utsc

Aug 20, 2011
Hi audit13,

I have a unlocked, rooted TWRP, SuperSU installed Fido SGH-I337M running Android version 5.0.1 Baseband I337MVLUGOH1.

The Google Sync is not working - When I go to Setting / Accounts / Google it says Google not responding and crashes (the accounts screens disappears) and the Fido Bloatware is really bugging me.

Hence I prefer to run a clean version of Android (Most Preferably Marshmallow without the Bloatware )

Do you have any suggestions?

I need Bluetooth to work flawlessly as I need BT to connect to my vehicle Audio system to answer calls

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I have been using the Bell OH1 rooted stock firmware on my i337m for many months and there have been no problems with syncing. I haven't removed any bloatware from the Bell ROM.

If Google sync is crashing, I don't think it is from the Fido bloatware. Have you tried changing to csc to see if that helps? You can do that from the stock dialler by entering *#272*IMEI from the phone#. This will reset the phone and wipe all data. The Telus option does not have too much bloatware.

As for MM ROMs, there are several available but I don't use them because I prefer the stability of a stock ROM.

If you want to remove bloatware app from a rooted stock ROM, you could install Titanium Backup and use that to remove the unwanted apps.

Found this too:

Open the stock gallery app, press the menu button (one on left of the phone front), press the menu button you just click on settings to access the Google sync options.

Last edited:
Reactions: arasarn and utsc

nsl07

Aug 31, 2013
Hi @audit13
Hope that someone can help me out and clarify a few things for me.

I have a S4 model(l337M) from Fido but I have sim unlocked and am now on rogers
Version 4.2.2
Baseband version: l337MVLUAMG1
Kernel is stock
Build number is: JDQ39.l337MVLUAMG1

I have CF-auto root with Odin version 1.85, installed TWRP recovery, did a clean stock nandroid backup, did an efs backup, and finally used titanium backup to do a complete app backup

My questions are:
I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 or 5.1 as close to stock as possible. Is 5.0.1 more stable or is 5.1 the way to go? Will I lose root? will I need to re-root? Also would all my apps be intact or would it wipe phone? Will it lock my bootloader?(I believe mine is unlocked). If someone could give me a step by step on how to go about doing this that would really help me. I'm kinda new still to the whole android stuff.

cythraul

Dec 14, 2010
Hi @audit13
Hope that someone can help me out and clarify a few things for me.

I have a S4 model(l337M) from Fido but I have sim unlocked and am now on rogers
Version 4.2.2
Baseband version: l337MVLUAMG1
Kernel is stock
Build number is: JDQ39.l337MVLUAMG1

I have CF-auto root with Odin version 1.85, installed TWRP recovery, did a clean stock android backup, did an efs backup, and finally used titanium backup to do a complete app backup

My questions are:
I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 or 5.1 as close to stock as possible. Is 5.0.1 more stable or is 5.1 the way to go? Will I lose root? will I need to re-root? Also would all my apps be intact or would it wipe phone? Will it lock my bootloader?(I believe mine is unlocked). If someone could give me a step by step on how to go about doing this that would really help me. I'm kinda new still to the whole android stuff.

Android 5.0.1 is the most recent version available with stock roms. Yes you will lose root during the upgrade but you can certainly re-root it once you've upgraded. I usually flash TWRP with Odin and install SuperSU from the TWRP recovery. I don't use CF-auto-root but it seems a viable option too. Path is similar i believe.

Cheers,
cyth

Reactions: nsl07

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the high demand I am opening a thread with the stock firmware for the Canadian SGH-I337M with fast links from MEGA.
    The firmware is multi-csc, so all Canadian carriers are supported.

Bell
    Backup link thanks to nabbasi - Click Here

Rogers

Modem/Baseband
    I337MVLUGOC4 - Modem - Click Here

To flash the firmware, extract the zip, and load the .md5 into the AP section of ODIN
    Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.
    Put your phone into download mode (Press power+home+volume down) and click start in ODIN.
    Once the flash is complete, hold volume up + home to boot into recovery. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and reboot.

To flash the modem only, load the .bin into the CP section of ODIN
    Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.
    Put your phone into download mode (Press power+home+volume down) and click start in ODIN.
    Phone will reboot and you are done.
    Hey Sn0wHookr! Thanks for these awesome links!

I'm a little new at this but figuring it out quickly..
    So how would I go about using these links for a TELUS branded SGH-I337M ?

(I am currently running stock 4.3 TELUS ROM, rooted, running SuperSU and I have with TWRP recovery).

Do I just install the BELL ROM with odin and per your instructions and then do then factory reset and it will upgrade my 4.3 to lolipop? Is that right?

Sincerely appreciate any help, please PM me if this doesn't belong here. thankyou!

You can download the TELUS stock 5.0.1 Rom from Sammobile.com and flash with ODIN. If you lose your recovery or root after flashing, you can follow my instructions given here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=60188793

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
    @mxcoy
    Can you give me a step by step process, cuz i rlly dont know the basics

Here's the link to download the chainfire root file, download it to you computer:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/327/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.zip

1) Extract (unzip) the file
    2) Open Odin v.3.07
    3) Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    4) Connect the phone to computer and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    5) Add the "CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.tar.md5" file to AP / PDA on Odin
    6) Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    7) Make sure auto-reboot IS ticked
    8) Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes, once the phone reboots, you can disconnect the phone from the computer

You should be rooted

Cheers
    Compatible with Mexico i337M

Hey, thanks for the MEGA link.

Apart from that I can confirm this rom is compatible with the Telcel i337M, mine is unlocked and I'm using it right now with Movistar and everything works, LTE and Wi-Fi. Word of advice, I had to flash it twice, the first one "Failed" the second one went through just fine.

Regards.