Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Not able to install TWRP or CWM recovery. AT&T S4 I337

OP rdxdha

4th July 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
*****************************************
*******HELP HELP HELP*************
*****************************************
Hi,

I am unable to install CWM or TWRP recovery on my AT&T US - S4 I337. Baseband is NB1.
I have tried almost every option on xda , rom manager , twrp manager , loki method using emulator , 3 way tool , casual etc.
Loki gives loki aboot version error. Earlier phone was on NC1 , got it on NB1 using odin.


I want to get rid of original stock , which is loaded with lot of crap and want to install light weight custom rom.

Any pointers , help is highly appreciated.


Thanks.
4th July 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdxdha

*****************************************
*******HELP HELP HELP*************
*****************************************
Hi,

I am unable to install CWM or TWRP recovery on my AT&T US - S4 I337. Baseband is NB1.
I have tried almost every option on xda , rom manager , twrp manager , loki method using emulator , 3 way tool , casual etc.
Loki gives loki aboot version error. Earlier phone was on NC1 , got it on NB1 using odin.


I want to get rid of original stock , which is loaded with lot of crap and want to install light weight custom rom.

Any pointers , help is highly appreciated.


Thanks.

Download Free version of Rom Manager and after install see if it will not install which ever you want through it CWM or TWRP. Way I do it. You are Rooted???? Here is link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mmanager&hl=en After install open and click on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" then it gives you choice of CWM or TRWP
Last edited by tailgunner9; 4th July 2014 at 10:12 PM.
4th July 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I already tried rom manager after rooting the phone, and get the success message as well. But when i restart phone in recovery mode , I am still getting stock recovery options instead of CWM or TRWP.
4th July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdxdha

I already tried rom manager after rooting the phone, and get the success message as well. But when i restart phone in recovery mode , I am still getting stock recovery options instead of CWM or TRWP.

You can't install custom recoveries. Our bootloader is locked. Your only option is using safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #5  
U can't install a traditional recover. Since U are on NB1, your baseband is locked and your only option is Safestrap (TWRP). Read the instructions carefully at least once all the way thru and then proceed. Pay close attention because it's not like most phones. It works just fine. U can have a heavily modified Touch Wiz Rom or even now a AOSP based Google Play Edition Rom.

Proceed here:
[INDEX] All things AT&T MK2, NB1, and NC1 (including ROMs
4th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdxdha

I already tried rom manager after rooting the phone, and get the success message as well. But when i restart phone in recovery mode , I am still getting stock recovery options instead of CWM or TRWP.

What are you looking for in CWM recovery that is different for Stock recovery????
5th July 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner9

What are you looking for in CWM recovery that is different for Stock recovery????

I am trying to install custom rom , without safestrap. As bootloader is locked on my phone , I cant use CWM.
Using safestrap , I was able to install [AOSP] Official 4.4.3 - S4 Google Edition. but now I am not able to encrypt my phone.

Any idea on how to encrypt phone now ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes