Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Not able to install TWRP or CWM recovery. AT&T S4 I337

OP rdxdha

4th July 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
*******HELP HELP HELP*************
Hi,

I am unable to install CWM or TWRP recovery on my AT&T US - S4 I337. Baseband is NB1.
I have tried almost every option on xda , rom manager , twrp manager , loki method using emulator , 3 way tool , casual etc.
Loki gives loki aboot version error. Earlier phone was on NC1 , got it on NB1 using odin.

I want to get rid of original stock , which is loaded with lot of crap and want to install light weight custom rom.

Any pointers , help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
4th July 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdxdha

*******HELP HELP HELP*************
Hi,

I am unable to install CWM or TWRP recovery on my AT&T US - S4 I337. Baseband is NB1.
I have tried almost every option on xda , rom manager , twrp manager , loki method using emulator , 3 way tool , casual etc.
Loki gives loki aboot version error. Earlier phone was on NC1 , got it on NB1 using odin.

I want to get rid of original stock , which is loaded with lot of crap and want to install light weight custom rom.

Any pointers , help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Download Free version of Rom Manager and after install see if it will not install which ever you want through it CWM or TWRP. Way I do it. You are Rooted???? Here is link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mmanager&hl=en After install open and click on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" then it gives you choice of CWM or TRWP
Last edited by tailgunner9; 4th July 2014 at 10:12 PM.
4th July 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
I already tried rom manager after rooting the phone, and get the success message as well. But when i restart phone in recovery mode , I am still getting stock recovery options instead of CWM or TRWP.
4th July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 172

715 posts
More
Quote:

I already tried rom manager after rooting the phone, and get the success message as well. But when i restart phone in recovery mode , I am still getting stock recovery options instead of CWM or TRWP.

You can't install custom recoveries. Our bootloader is locked. Your only option is using safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #5  
U can't install a traditional recover. Since U are on NB1, your baseband is locked and your only option is Safestrap (TWRP). Read the instructions carefully at least once all the way thru and then proceed. Pay close attention because it's not like most phones. It works just fine. U can have a heavily modified Touch Wiz Rom or even now a AOSP based Google Play Edition Rom.

Proceed here:
[INDEX] All things AT&T MK2, NB1, and NC1 (including ROMs
4th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

201 posts
Quote:

What are you looking for in CWM recovery that is different for Stock recovery????
5th July 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner9

What are you looking for in CWM recovery that is different for Stock recovery????

I am trying to install custom rom , without safestrap. As bootloader is locked on my phone , I cant use CWM.
Using safestrap , I was able to install [AOSP] Official 4.4.3 - S4 Google Edition. but now I am not able to encrypt my phone.

Any idea on how to encrypt phone now ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread