ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ATT S4 (i337) NC1 - should i root and upgrade to 4.4.4 ?

OP egiblock

18th August 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

44 posts
currently i'm on att build 4.4.2 for my s4.

is it worth flashing a custom from and going to 4.4.4 ?

i know there are a couple of different roms at 4.4.4, which one does everyone like for this particular phone ?
18th August 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 157

179 posts
More
Not really.. If Battery life and Camera performance is a priority for you I suggest you stick to stock.. My advice would be to root your phone and delete all unwanted bloatware. If your fine with subpar camera quality and battery life flash CM11 or Pac-Man.
18th August 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash4357

Not really.. If Battery life and Camera performance is a priority for you I suggest you stick to stock.. My advice would be to root your phone and delete all unwanted bloatware. If your fine with subpar camera quality and battery life flash CM11 or Pac-Man.

the battery life for me now is just ok. i'll unplug my phone at 7am, and by 2pm be at 20%. i have a bunch of email accounts on the phone so i think that could be causing the problem. that and storage space for apps are my 2 biggest things.
19th August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 157

179 posts
More
Storage space will remain unaffected between custom rom and stock they do not re-partition the device storage. But you can delete almost 300mb of bloatware from stock rom if rooted. I have 3 email accounts on my phone.. plus I call a lot of people .. 2 hours of music.. I unplug my phone around 7am and by 8pm I'm left with almost 35% charge on an average.
19th August 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

44 posts
Ive rooted woth towelroot and SU for granting super user access. If that'll work, what's the easiest way for me to remove the samsung crap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egiblock

Ive rooted woth towelroot and SU for granting super user access. If that'll work, what's the easiest way for me to remove the samsung crap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Root browser @ system/app

Or app deleter with root access
19th August 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,847

7,570 posts
More
A lot of us like Titanium BackUp Pro

Nice UI and very good app manager--
20th August 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #8  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 10

59 posts
More
Just posting my experience. After going back and forth between stock and the JMSQ Google Edition, I agree the camera was always the reason I would flip flop back. Taking picutres was ok, but video performance was terrible.... BUT I recently purchased Camera FV5 and Cinema FV5 and the performance is about 90% back on par. Good enough for me to ditch TW for good.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread