Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Default Apps not working?

OP Ziken

12th July 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
Whenever I've clicked on a phone number to call via Google Maps, it would always show up that defaulted apps and ask me what i wanted to use.

Everytime it pops up, i keep clicking "Always" for the default dialer. I thought it would set it as default, but when i had to look up a business to call their place, that "Default Apps" keep popping up. Is this in any way connected to Samsung Hubs like how screen Rotations was related to samsung hubs removal?

Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to have to click it again while driving.
12th July 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,998

11,396 posts
Dude, don't use your phone while driving.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Dude, don't use your phone while driving.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't. and what does that have to do with helping me?
12th July 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,425

818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziken

Whenever I've clicked on a phone number to call via Google Maps, it would always show up that defaulted apps and ask me what i wanted to use.

Everytime it pops up, i keep clicking "Always" for the default dialer. I thought it would set it as default, but when i had to look up a business to call their place, that "Default Apps" keep popping up. Is this in any way connected to Samsung Hubs like how screen Rotations was related to samsung hubs removal?

Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to have to click it again while driving.

I tried it myself and it went right to the dialer without a pop up. What apps is it asking you to choose from? More of a work around than a fix, but... If you do not use the other apps, can you delete them? That way you shouldn't see the pop up?
12th July 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guut13

I tried it myself and it went right to the dialer without a pop up. What apps is it asking you to choose from? More of a work around than a fix, but... If you do not use the other apps, can you delete them? That way you shouldn't see the pop up?

There were two, one a dialer and the other one is the Lookout. The one with the Lookout always ask to scan before dialing out. Don't get why it keep asking that.

EDIT: i think the same thing happen to the IE (Chrome) when it asked til i removed Chrome and it doesn't ask anymore. haven't tried it with the youtube yet.
12th July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
Flag MA

818 posts
More
Quote:

There were two, one a dialer and the other one is the Lookout. The one with the Lookout always ask to scan before dialing out. Don't get why it keep asking that.

EDIT: i think the same thing happen to the IE (Chrome) when it asked til i removed Chrome and it doesn't ask anymore. haven't tried it with the youtube yet.

Well. You are probably aware, but lookout is your security/antivirus app, so it makes sense that it scans.

Unfortunately I do not have it installed so I cannot comment on how it is suppose to act.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guut13

Well. You are probably aware, but lookout is your security/antivirus app, so it makes sense that it scans.

Unfortunately I do not have it installed so I cannot comment on how it is suppose to act.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That not the problem. What i meant is that the default doesn't work. It always ask, even when i select "Always use as Default". I had assumed that from that, it'll always use the apps i selected as a default, but for some reasons, it isn't working.
13th July 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #8  
Flag MA

818 posts
More
Quote:

That not the problem. What i meant is that the default doesn't work. It always ask, even when i select "Always use as Default". I had assumed that from that, it'll always use the apps i selected as a default, but for some reasons, it isn't working.

I installed Lookout and was able to reproduce your experience. That might be the way lookout works. As a security app, it gives you the chance to scan everything before executing. OR It could just be a bug.

One thing is for sure... Lookout is the cause of your grief. You can play around with the Lookout settings, but in the end, you may have to choose what is more important to you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread