Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGH-i337 - The Stonewall of Everything

Tip us?

Shibblet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] SGH-i337 - The Stonewall of Everything

Well, I purchased an SGH-i337 with the hopes of running custom firmware. I got this device in November of 2013. It is now August, almost September of 2014, and I just was able to root my phone for the first time. Still unable, however, to remove all of those stupid AT&T apps that I NEVER USE.

Secondly, I tried to finally install a custom Rom on this phone, only to find out that no matter what I do, I cannot boot into CWM or TWRP recovery. I have searched and searched the forums, the internet, watched numerous (but apparently irrelevant) videos on how to do this, and can find nothing that actually works. I follow these steps to the letter, and keep finding something that I just can't get past.

Step 5: Boot into CWM... Nope, I get 3e
Step 6: Load TWRP with GooManager. Now I have no recovery mode.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I am really at my wits end here with this process. I don't want to have a phone with all this junk on it, and I can't figure out how to get a custom rom loaded. I currently have UCUFNC1 loaded, and can root using http://towelroot.com/

Other than that I cannot find any "walkthrough" or "installation method" that actually works. If someone could help me with this, or point me toward one, it would be much appreciated.

RAID Xero
Old
Thanks Meter 11
The only way to get a custom recovery on an AT&T S4 is to have the MDL bootloader. Your phone is too new and or updated.

If you want a custom ROM, you have to use SafeStrap. With SS, you can only load ROMs that use the stock kernel.
Wish I could help more but I don't use SS.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

kevinco1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
You might have saved yourself all this trouble if you took 5 minutes to read through the forums here. You can only use Safestrap as the bootloader is still locked. Find all the info you need here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221
AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
[AOSP] S4 Pure Nexus Edition
Safestrap 3.72
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinco1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DutchDogg54
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,832

DONATE TO ME
Thread moved to Q&A section where it should have been created. The desire to add the [Q] tag to your thread title should have been your first hint about this