Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Email security bypass?

OP chmcke01

20th August 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

231 posts
I have one of the first AT&T S4s with the MDL so I don't have to use SS. I came from the S2 and always loved the SHOstock ROM on that device so I put the AT&T version of SHOstock for the S4 on the day I got it...but I have been having some intermittent issues so I decided to try the international version of his ROM...and I am really liking it. Except for one issue: despite having "sec email bypass" on the feature list when I setup my work email it requires me to set a PIN. Thinking this may have been an issue with the download or the install I redownloaded, checked MD5, wiped everything, reinstalled...and still required me to set a PIN when I setup my work email. I posted on the ROM thread but nobody has been able to answer if the issue is just me or if maybe the security bypass does not work for anyone.

I believe his international SHOstock version is currently on Android 4.4.2. Does anyone have a flashable ZIP to replace my email app with one that will allow the security bypass or is there a 3rd party app that would allow this?

If not can anyone recommend a good fast/stable ROM that has this feature?
21st August 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmcke01

I have one of the first AT&T S4s with the MDL so I don't have to use SS. I came from the S2 and always loved the SHOstock ROM on that device so I put the AT&T version of SHOstock for the S4 on the day I got it...but I have been having some intermittent issues so I decided to try the international version of his ROM...and I am really liking it. Except for one issue: despite having "sec email bypass" on the feature list when I setup my work email it requires me to set a PIN. Thinking this may have been an issue with the download or the install I redownloaded, checked MD5, wiped everything, reinstalled...and still required me to set a PIN when I setup my work email. I posted on the ROM thread but nobody has been able to answer if the issue is just me or if maybe the security bypass does not work for anyone.

I believe his international SHOstock version is currently on Android 4.4.2. Does anyone have a flashable ZIP to replace my email app with one that will allow the security bypass or is there a 3rd party app that would allow this?

If not can anyone recommend a good fast/stable ROM that has this feature?

I use the xposed framework with modules for exchange bypass. You can get it here, but be sure to read all the instructions if you haven't worked with it before: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...gelog-t2714053

Once you have it, there are a number of modules you could try. Wanam Xposed (http://repo.xposed.info/module/ma.wanam.xposed) worked for me when I was on GoldenEye--a touchwiz-based ROM like SHOstock. Now that I have the 4.4.4 GPE SS ROM, I'm using http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.s...exchangebypass.
For either of those, clear all your account info from the exchange app, install the module and reboot to activate it, and then set up your account as you normally would.

Enjoy your MDL S4. Super jealous.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bypass, email, secemail, security bypass
Previous Thread Next Thread