FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[Q] Galaxy S4 (i337) on 4.4.2 Rooting/Recovery Issues!

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Nati0n, Junior Member on 4th July 2014, 05:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th July 2014, 12:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas

Remember what I already mentioned. Since you are on NC1, you can only flash NB1 (as they are compatible and we dont have a full NC1 tar file). You cannot flash MK2.

OK, downloaded first file here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674223
After flashing, I can do OTA update to get one NC1?

5th July 2014, 12:22 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member

More
Yeah with the combination of TowelRoot, SELinuxModeChanger, and SafeStrap I now have a rooted phone with a recovery installed, what ROMs do you guys recommend that are TouchWiz based for the i337 NC1? I'm looking through the list and not seeing much.
5th July 2014, 04:32 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati0n

Yeah with the combination of TowelRoot, SELinuxModeChanger, and SafeStrap I now have a rooted phone with a recovery installed, what ROMs do you guys recommend that are TouchWiz based for the i337 NC1? I'm looking through the list and not seeing much.

All the ROMs listed in the all things at thread will work.
6th July 2014, 02:28 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Yeah, with hesitation I ended up going with a Google Play Edition ROM to get rid of touchwiz and man did it work well, my only minor annoyances are wifi (as was warned) and the face that MMS pictures are compressed WAY too much when I send them. The charging issue got marginally better but the battery lasts a lot longer without bloatware and the interface is super sleek.
6th July 2014, 04:26 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Quote:

Yeah, with hesitation I ended up going with a Google Play Edition ROM to get rid of touchwiz and man did it work well, my only minor annoyances are wifi (as was warned) and the face that MMS pictures are compressed WAY too much when I send them. The charging issue got marginally better but the battery lasts a lot longer without bloatware and the interface is super sleek.

Every time you reboot the phone, you will lose WiFi. You can recover it by soft rebooting the phone.
20th September 2014, 04:17 AM |#16  

More
s4 recovery issues
Quote:

could you tell me the steps you took? i'm stuck with a rooted samsung s4 also. this is my phones info. i would appreciate the help. many thanks will come your way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread