Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Google play store issues, wifi or ISP?

OP vigilante_blues

29th July 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Alright I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I really need help, I live where there is almost no service. We use a Microcell and I basically rely on wifi for updating and downloading apps. My Galaxy s4 was rooted with casual and every time I try to download an app or update it gives me an error number which I have googled. I followed one guys steps which basically sent my phone in a frenzy he said to force stop play store delete cache and data then do the same with google services framework. Then if that didn't work to uninstall updates to playstore which I did. After I attempted this my playstore would keep blacking out and I would get a message that the google play store suddenly stopped. Even after I restarted my phone it did the same thing. This would be on all screens so I couldn't do hardly anything because that popup would keep showing up, even after the restart. So I did a factory reset and lost all my apps which I knew would happen but I didn't know what else to do. After the reset my playstore updated its self but it's still not downloading apps from wifi. If I use data it will though. Could this have to do with my ISP or is it a google play store issue? My other family members who have android phones are having the same issue. Also my ISP is currently having issues with youtube don't know if that could be a clue since both our owned by google. If there is a mod I could do since my phone is rooted to fix this let me know. Sorry for the long question just disheartening to go through all this work and still can't download or update apps from wifi.
29th July 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 199

480 posts
Do you have any adblock apps installed?
29th July 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I do not, and neither does any of my family members. I think it may be some firewall that time warner has put up because playstore, youtube and when I was working on my website with wordpress, it wasn't working either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread