Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Could Not Connect To Device [GPE][MAC]

OP tarend

5th September 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I am using a Macbook Pro to connect to my AT&T GS4. It is originally NC1. I have flashed GPE 4.4.4 with Safestrap.
Everything works brilliantly except for the one thing that hardly ever worked before I even changed anything on my GS4 - connecting it to my Mac.
AFT is the biggest crock of ****, it literally never works. I was forced to use Kies on my Mac, since AFT doesn't work, ever.
Ever since I flashed GPE the phone connects to my Mac as a Media Device, but in Kies it just stays on "Connecting..." forever.
I am using the USB cable from Samsung. AFT says "Could not connect to device", but AFT didn't even work when it was stock, and Kies did.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Is anyone able to explain why my phone isn't connecting properly?
Is it because I flashed GPE 4.4.4?
5th September 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 193

454 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarend

I am using a Macbook Pro to connect to my AT&T GS4. It is originally NC1. I have flashed GPE 4.4.4 with Safestrap.
Everything works brilliantly except for the one thing that hardly ever worked before I even changed anything on my GS4 - connecting it to my Mac.
AFT is the biggest crock of ****, it literally never works. I was forced to use Kies on my Mac, since AFT doesn't work, ever.
Ever since I flashed GPE the phone connects to my Mac as a Media Device, but in Kies it just stays on "Connecting..." forever.
I am using the USB cable from Samsung. AFT says "Could not connect to device", but AFT didn't even work when it was stock, and Kies did.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Is anyone able to explain why my phone isn't connecting properly?
Is it because I flashed GPE 4.4.4?

All the GPE Roms have it in their OP that USB mount doesnt work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread