Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Could Not Connect To Device [GPE][MAC]

Tip us?

tarend
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Could Not Connect To Device [GPE][MAC]

I am using a Macbook Pro to connect to my AT&T GS4. It is originally NC1. I have flashed GPE 4.4.4 with Safestrap.
Everything works brilliantly except for the one thing that hardly ever worked before I even changed anything on my GS4 - connecting it to my Mac.
AFT is the biggest crock of ****, it literally never works. I was forced to use Kies on my Mac, since AFT doesn't work, ever.
Ever since I flashed GPE the phone connects to my Mac as a Media Device, but in Kies it just stays on "Connecting..." forever.
I am using the USB cable from Samsung. AFT says "Could not connect to device", but AFT didn't even work when it was stock, and Kies did.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Is anyone able to explain why my phone isn't connecting properly?
Is it because I flashed GPE 4.4.4?

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarend View Post
I am using a Macbook Pro to connect to my AT&T GS4. It is originally NC1. I have flashed GPE 4.4.4 with Safestrap.
Everything works brilliantly except for the one thing that hardly ever worked before I even changed anything on my GS4 - connecting it to my Mac.
AFT is the biggest crock of ****, it literally never works. I was forced to use Kies on my Mac, since AFT doesn't work, ever.
Ever since I flashed GPE the phone connects to my Mac as a Media Device, but in Kies it just stays on "Connecting..." forever.
I am using the USB cable from Samsung. AFT says "Could not connect to device", but AFT didn't even work when it was stock, and Kies did.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Is anyone able to explain why my phone isn't connecting properly?
Is it because I flashed GPE 4.4.4?
All the GPE Roms have it in their OP that USB mount doesnt work.