OP New Song

17th August 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,802

10,876 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Song

Aaaaand. S'S stopped working. Uninstalled, reinstalled and the same. Technology fails me.

What are you trying to flash? PAC isn't going to work, it's cm based. You can only flash touch wiz based roms

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
17th August 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Anything else. I have Gravitron zip ready to go. But I cannot even get S'S to open now. "SafeStrap has stopped working". Even after attempted reinstalls. If there was someone here local I could just delegate this to, I would.
17th August 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,802

10,876 posts
Quote:

Anything else. I have Gravitron zip ready to go. But I cannot even get S'S to open now. "SafeStrap has stopped working". Even after attempted reinstalls. If there was someone here local I could just delegate this to, I would.

You probably have to use Odin to re-flash nb1 and start over

The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You probably have to use Odin to re-flash nb1 and start over

That may be. Got safestrap to start working by using se linu mode changer. Still stuck at updating partition details. Gonna start a thread on that I think. Maybe one on the search functions too.
17th August 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #15  
Flag Indianapolis Metro
Thanks Meter: 50

231 posts
More
Quote:

That may be. Got safestrap to start working by using se linu mode changer. Still stuck at updating partition details. Gonna start a thread on that I think. Maybe one on the search functions too.

Just as an FYI, I've had very good results with Golden Eye installed via SafeStrap. No problems with it, whatsoever, in my experience. That being said, I'm tired of being restricted to touchwiz ROMs so I've bought a T-Mobile S4 (unlocked SIM/Bootloader) and will be selling my ATT one soon.

Marc
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenscript For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenscript

Just as an FYI, I've had very good results with Golden Eye installed via SafeStrap. No problems with it, whatsoever, in my experience. That being said, I'm tired of being restricted to touchwiz ROMs so I've bought a T-Mobile S4 (unlocked SIM/Bootloader) and will be selling my ATT one soon.

Marc

Starting to feel the same way. Flashing this sgh-i337 is turning out to be quite an infuriating ordeal. So much conflicting info. Allllll these ROMs available for S4, it seems. But they don't work because this version isn't compatible. And the Tw ones I've tried ALL DAY are not working either. Granted, I was not using SS correctly initially, but now that they are successfully loading in the stock slot are not working. Graviton never boots, stays on the ouroboros snake screen. Imperium has no data or wifi etc (i9505 rom? I tried it as it said it was verified working 9th i337. Nope. Figured it was a problem when it said i9505 on my model). Goldeneye, actually can connect, wifi etc. But when I change settings in Wanam, it does not take them (after reboot). Had all the other connectivity issues until I flashed a patch. Also, I was pretty happy to see than I could activate hotspot. But my device was nowhere to be found by other devices. Modules, kernals, patches, oh my... out of all the tutorials for S4's on the wide wide world of internets, nothing seems to fly. This must be the red headed bastard child of Android.

I know it is all user error, but can nothing be simple?

Just want a simple rom and hotspot. That looks awesome. Hrm.
18th August 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
About to try this GE download. GE-XXUGNG4-37.zip. I tried the later NG-8-38 version last time. And yes, I did the ST update at&t module update previously.
18th August 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Great googley moogley! I think he's finally got it, folks! Ooooh. Niiice. So smooth. Roomy!

This hacking biz ain't for the faint of heart. Thanks guys!!! MUCH APPRECIAT3D!
18th August 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #19  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,847

7,570 posts
More
Paraphrasing, I think, Tom Hanks

"It's suppose to hard, the hard is what makes it great. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it."

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc

Paraphrasing, I think, Tom Hanks

"It's suppose to hard, the hard is what makes it great. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it."

Avoid the clap.... Jimmy Dugan.

Hey that's good advice kid....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread